➨ 𝘢 𝘚𝘌𝘈𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘵 𝘢𝘥𝘮𝘪𝘳𝘦𝘳

━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦━━━━

S U M M A R Y

she's the chosen one

━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦━━━━

M E N T I O N S

niki (others mentioned)

━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦━━━━

W O R D C O U N T

920

━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦━━━━

P R O N O U N S

she/her (niki's pov)

━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦━━━━

T R I G G E R S

attempted suicide

(near the end)

━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦━━━━

P R O O F R E A D

yes

━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦━━━━

|❝background information❞|

this story is an alternate universe where the 4 elements have power over many people over the years, also known as the chosen one. in this, niki is the chosen one, who's been chosen by the element, water.

|❝narrator's pov❞|

ever since niki was born, she had an unusual love for the ocean and water-related items.

her love included pools, beaches, swimming, aquatic animals, anything water-related and you could name it.

her love for oceans developed even further when she moved when she was around the age of 6 or 7.

when she moved, she found out that the new house had an ocean view. in the backyard, there was a 'mini cliff' that had the ocean below it.

once she finally moved, she was often sat on the edge, staring out into the water.

she adored watching the waves crash onto the rocks below her or watching the colors of the sunset blend in with the colors of the water, which she thought was a masterpiece.

as she grew up, she started to become interested in art. as she got better skill-wise, she experimented with her paintings, which were usually different visuals of the sunsets she saw or just a different perspective of the water.

she spent many days trying to look at the water from different angles or trying to envision different perspectives.

for her art supplies, she mainly used acrylic and oil paints. she always thought that the oil paints were messy, but she used them anyway because they were perfect for creating the texture and the look of the white sea foam that was within the water.

god, by now, she was 18.

her parents ended up wanting to move away, but she couldn't deal with the thought of leaving the precious view.

so, she saved up some money and eventually asked her parents if they could move the house into her name.

reluctantly, they said yes. her parents then moved away and she was left paying all the bills of her new house.