➨ 𝘣𝘳𝘰𝘬𝘦𝘯 𝘯𝘰𝘴𝘦

━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦━━━━

S U M M A R Y

minx proves devin 

wrong lol

━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦━━━━

M E N T I O N S

minx and devin 

+ sides

━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦━━━━

W O R D  C O U N T

516

━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦━━━━

P R O N O U N S

she/her

━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦━━━━

T R I G G E R S

broken nose, sexism, 

punching (idk others)

━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦━━━━

P R O O F R E A D

yes

━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦━━━━

|❝narrator's pov❞|

minx had been asked many times before by either fans or friends if she had ever broken a bone.

she always replied yes because technically it was true.

however, it wasn't her bone that she had broken before.

she had in fact never broken a bone herself.

the bone she had broken was someone else's.

and this is that story.

|❝minx's pov❞|

it was a wednesday.

it was bright and early and i was heading off to my elementary school like i usually did.

i was in third grade, and i always sat next to this boy named devin.

devin was always rude to the girls for no reason, which always aggravated little me.

he would always say that they have cooties, they suck, you know, the regular elementary school banter.

on that wednesday however, he was talking to me specifically.

he wasn't making fun of the other girls, it was me who was the target for the day.

however, it was the most ridiculous thing he was saying.

he said that because i'm a girl, i couldn't punch.

like boy, we're in 3rd grade. what are your noodle arms gonna do to me? like do you want to find out that my dad took me to martial arts and taught me self-defense?

i know how to punch.

anyways, i left him alone and ignored him until it was recess.

once it was time for recess, i pulled him over to a more secluded area.

i asked him if he wanted to find out if i could punch him or not, and the idiot said yes.

so, doing what i was told, i punched him smack right into his face, ultimately breaking his nose because not only did you hear the pop, but he had blood running all down his face in a matter of seconds.

the teacher ending up finding out once devin stupidly went back into class with blood everywhere.

and of course, devin said that it was me who punched him.

like, you allowed me to do it?

after that, the teacher pulled little me aside and took both devin and i to the office. well, first devin went to the nurse.

they had to call our parents in as well.

since we were only in 3rd grade, i didn't get in any trouble besides the fact that they were forcing me to say sorry.

devin kept shaking his head though, (and wincing once he did shake his head), and saying that i didn't actually need to apologize.

both the office staff and both of our parents were confused, but devin started rambling about everything that happened and even said how i had proved him wrong, so i didn't have to say sorry.

now, ladies, gents, and theys.

14 years later, devin and i are now best friends.

(and yes, sometimes i make fun of his nose now that it's now a bit crooked from me breaking it.)

now that is the story about how i broke a bone.

which definitely wasn't mine.

but at least devin knew i could punch! 

𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑 𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐀𝐊𝐒,

hi everyone! i am so so sorry for the lack of posting. i've had rarely any motivation lately and school has been kicking my butt. i also am experiencing writers' block so if you guys could request something it would make my day!!