Striker + daughter reader

Requested by @SilvanaSuheiCarrillo

•──────⋅☾ ☼ ☽⋅──────•

Death... it can happen anytime.
It can happen to everyone.
But why did it have to strike M/n (Mother's name)?

Striker stared at his wife that was slowly fading from this world. She smiled over at him and then over to the crib where their newborn daughter laid. The woman smiled and looked at Striker "What are we gonna name her?" Striker looked over at the crib and sighed before walking over to the bed and sat on the edge.

"Focus on staying alive. You can't leave me... not now." M/n smiled and held a hand to his cheek. "I'm sorry, Striker... Promise me you'll take care of our princess with everything you got. Never leave her side and support her row that e everything... I love you."

Striker stared at her as her eyes and skin lost their color. He held a hand over her eyes and closed them. "I love you, too." He said in a whisper and stood up.

He walked over to the crib to see his little princess. She noticed it was him and smiled as she reached up to her tiny hands for him. He picked her up in his arms and held a finger out for her hand to hold onto.

The small child turned her head and looked towards the bed to notice her mother there. She reached her arms over to M/n and Striker frowned as a small teardrop left his eye.

He turned his back to his wife so his daughter wouldn't see her dead body. He smiled sadly down at his child's confused look.

For being a newborn baby, she was pretty smart, she felt the uneasy aura in the air and frowned, about to cry when Striker rocked her back and forth to try and stop her from turning into a crying mess.

She eventually calmed down and closed her eyes at the soothing movements and the warmth of her father near her.

Striker smiled down at her...

Flashback
Striker walked into the bedroom to find M/n on the middle of the bed with a list of names, she was smiling while rubbing her belly slowly. Striker chuckled, "It's 4 months left, and you're doing this now?" He questioned and sat beside her. She looked at him and shoved the list in his face "What do you think of this?"

"No, it sounds like it matches a horse." M/n giggled and then wrote down something else. What about this one?"

"Y/n?"

"Yeah... I've always wanted my daughter to have that name." Striker snickered and kissed her cheek "We'll see, sugar."
Flashback end

Striker smiled even bigger and sat down in a chair while looking down at her sleeping form, "Y/n... It fits you."