Stolas x preg!reader + Octavia

Requested by @lavvy_taffy

Edited: 20th January 2024

•──────⋅☾ ☼ ☽⋅──────•

"Stolas I don't think—" the owl put a finger up to make his wife stop talking, "Shh, my Queen, she's going to love you after this. I promise you that." Y/n sighed while resting her hand on her 3 months growing belly "I hope you're right, honey."

☾ ☼ ☽

"Why don't we visit the new restaurant in town?" Stolas suggested and Y/n nodded slowly and turned nervously towards Octavia "What do you think, Octavia?" She asked nicely and Octavia gave her a nasty look before turning to her father, "Sure, dad"

Y/n looked down and continued to walk with her husband and stepdaughter beside her. Stolas noticed Octavia's rudeness and your sad face. He slowly grabbed your hand and the his wife's reaction. He smiled at her when she glanced up at him, she sadly returned the smiled while she squeezed his hand.

Octavia glanced at the two and rolled her eyes as she continued to walk towards the that was gonna take them to their destination.

☾ ☼ ☽

The three were sitting by a table, looking at the menu when the waiter walked up "May I know your orders, sir?"

"Oh, I'll take the (Random food) and Via?"

"Same thing." The waiter nodded and looked at Y/n. "And you ma'am?" Y/n looked at him

"Oh, um..." Y/n glanced at her husband and then showed the menu to the waiter while pointing at a dish.

He looked at her pregnant stomach and tilted his head "You sure you want nothing more? You're eating for two, after all, isn't that right, ma'am?"

"I-I'm sure." She said and the waiter nodded, "I'll come back with some drinks then." He said and left. Stolas and Octavia looked at Y/n who twiddle with her thumbs nervously.

"What did you order, dear?" Y/n glanced up at him but quickly looked away "Nothing important, Stolas. Just some—"

"Here are your drinks... and here's your water, miss. Your dinner is soon ready." Y/n smiled and nodded as thanks before he left the table again.

Octavia narrowed her eyes at the woman before her, knowing something was going on. Y/n sank in her chair by the girl's stare.

Stolas sighed at the tension that came from his daughter and struck a conversation with her to keep her from silently pestering his wife. Some time passed when the waiter called Stolas over to speak to him.

Leaving Y/n alone with Octavia.

Y/n looked around nervously and then at the teenager "So, um... I never got to ask, but what kind of music do you listen to?" The teen glanced at the woman but didn't answer her, Y/n sweat dropped and sighed, "Okay, I know you're not so happy about your dad remarrying and especially... with a useless demon like me but... I hope you know that... I love your dad, dearly. And... it would break my heart if any of you two left me... I know I can be... a bit awkward or a bit... embarrassing, but... I'm trying my best to make you feel like—"

"Don't try to be my new mom. Because you will never replace her." Y/n sighed at her words,

"And I'm not trying to replace her... All I ever want is a healthy and happy family, and... I really believe that your father wants the same. But we can't do that without you... It's your life too and seeing you hate me... is an understanding thing but... all I want is for you to take your time and... get used to me... I know it's sounds kind of weird but... I want you to be happy too. Not just me and Stolas..." Y/n looked down and smiled nervously at Octavia "D-Do you get what I'm trying to say? I'm not the best in describing things and especially not my thoughts." Y/n giggled a little.

She noticed Octavia was staring at her with an unreasonable expression and it only made Y/n's anxiety grow.

She sighed and smiled at Octavia "Think about it, okay? I only want your best and... if you're not comfortable with me and if you think I'm not the best choice for Stolas then... I hope we can work something out."

☾ ☼ ☽

Some minutes after the girls' conversation, Stolas came back with an angry expression.

Y/n looked at him, "Stolas? What's wrong—?"

"Why did you only order bread and water? You know you need to eat more. For both you and the baby's sake."

"Who said—"

"The waiter. He saw your pregnant stomach, love. You can't keep up with this. You're beautiful, no matter what shape or form" Y/n looked down "It's not that, Stolas."

"Then what is it!?"

Y/n sighed, "Okay, first of all, stop yelling, please. We're at a restaurant and Octavia is here. Second I'm not ordering the smallest and cheapest because of how I look."

"Then why?" He said in a more relaxing and calm tone, Y/n smiled a little at his change of voice but the smile faded quickly soon after,

"The other day when I was walking through Imp city... I stumbled upon some demons that talked about the relationship... between us. They didn't recognize me so I was fine but when I heard what they were talking about... They said I only married you for your money... They also said that... I'm just a lowlife demon with no future. And I'm not gonna lie... they're right about me being a lowlife demon, and I may not have a bright future but..."

"Oh, darling... stand up."

"What?"

"Stand up." He said again and so she did "Come here." She walked closer and he held her hands "Who was stubborn enough to pay for the expensive meal on our first date?"

"...I did."

"And who was nagging me to not pay for the big wedding cake?"

"Me..."

"Exactly darling. They don't know shit about you. The only one that knows you better than anyone else is yourself. You shouldn't listen to what those Hippocrates says about you because you know it's not true." He said and kissed her cheek.

She smiled and kissed his cheek back and leaned her forehead against his, "Thank you, Stolas. I love you so much."

"I love you too, dear."

Octavia stared at the moment between her dad and stepmom and looked down. She was wrong about her... very wrong.

Sure, Octavia was angry because of her father remarrying someone... but she really didn't care if she was royalty or some sort of lowlife demon.

Of course, she wanted her father to be happy... she wasn't just sure if it was with Y/n... until now.

After what she said, after Stolas pep talking her, and after their words of affection... Octavia could now clearly see that he loved her dearly and so did she.

Octavia stood up and walked over to the still standing Y/n and Octavia looked up at the older woman. She then hugged her tightly.

Y/n jumped a little in surprise but quickly smiled and hugged back, small tears now filling her eyes.

Stolas noticed the happy tears coming from his wife and smiled as he joined the hug with his beloved daughter and wife.

Y/n leaned closer to Octavia's ear, "Thank you, Via." The young owl smiled and hugged her tightly as she felt the unborn baby kick at her tight hug, making her smile even more.

She's growing a family that finally loves each other.