Chapter 1

Danielle POV
"Danielle!!"

I spun around when I heard my name get called.

"Barrett!" I squealed.

I ran up to her and wrapped my arms around my friend.

It was our first day back to work after what felt like a life long break. It was the first table read of the next season. Everyone loved this day because it was a chance for everyone to catch up.

"Wanna grab a coffee before we head in?" She asked.

"Hell yeah let's go," I smiled.

We walked around the two minute walk to the nearest coffee shop. We'd both arrived with plenty of time to spare.

We got there and joined the queue.

There was only a couple of people in front. One guy and two others, who I presumed were a mother and teenage daughter.

"You better not mess up today!" We heard the mother say to the young girl.

The teenager didn't reply but looked down nervously at her shoes.

"You hear me?" The older woman asked.

Barrett and I glanced awkwardly at each other.

The girl nodded.

They reached the front of the queue and the on woman ordered herself a drink and nothing for her daughter. Perhaps she didn't want anything.

"Let's go," she said when they'd handed over her drink.

"Poor thing," Barrett said when they'd left.

I had a very strange feeling about the two people we'd just seen.

I shook it off and paid for mine and Barrett's drinks. We headed straight back to the studios and made our way to the large conference room where the table read would be taking place.

The second we entered we were greeted by the rest of the cast and crew.

Oak, Jay, Jaina, Stefania. Everyone was there.

"Right let's make a start," Stacy said.

We all crowded round the table looking for our names on the cards set at each place. I quickly found mine and smiled seeing I was seated next to Carina.

What took me most by surprise was that I didn't recognise the place name on the other side of me.

The character name said "Aurora"
The actresses name underneath said "Amalia,"

I looked to my left as a young girl pulled out the chair and sat down.

Her long hair was covering her face.

Wanting to be welcoming and polite, I quickly sat down in my seat.

"Hi, I'm Danielle," I said cheerfully.

She turned her head slightly to look up at me.

"I'm Amalia," she said nervously.

I suppressed my shock. It was the teenage girl from Starbucks.

"It's lovely to meet you Amalia, what a beautiful name," I said warmly.

"Thanks," she smiled.

"Alright everyone got their scripts? Let's go Station 19 season 5," Stacy excitedly said.

Before starting to go through the first episode, all new actors and crew were introduced.

Like always, the scripts were amazing and it was looking like Amalia was going to be in a lot of episodes.