Merry Christmas, Happy Birthday, and Congratulations (Jade)

11:57- Christmas Day

"Jade, come here. I have one more present for you, " you say as you grab the small box you had hidden behind the tree.

She comes over and gives you a small kiss. "I thought I told you not to get me too much."

"I know, but I think you'll love this one the most."

"I don't know Y/N. Those Disneyland tickets are gonna be pretty hard to beat, " she said as she giggled.

"Before I give you this I just want you to know how much I love you. These last few years we've spent together have been the best years of my life. I'm so glad I get to call you my wife and wake up every morning with you. So with that said, Merry Christmas." You glanced over to the clock.

11:59

You kissed Jade. It was passionate and unhurried. You pulled away and looked at the clock again.

12:01- Jade's Birthday

"Happy Birthday, " you said as you gave Jade another shorter kiss this time.

"And congratulations, " you said and handed over the box you've been holding.

Jade looks at you with a confused smile before opening the gift. She opens it, and her eyes go instantly wide.

She looks up at you with wide eyes and tears threatening to fall.

"Are you serious? It worked?"

In her hand was a positive pregnancy test. The two of you had been trying for a baby for the last few months.

"Yeah, it worked. I'm pregnant." As the words left your mouth, you felt tears of your own sliding down your face.

Jade dropped the test and pulled you in for a hug, being careful not to squeeze too tight. "When did you find out?"

"Last week. I wanted to surprise you."

"You definitely did. This is the best gift I could have ever gotten. I love you so much, Y/N." Jade pulled you in for another kiss.

When you pulled away, you saw a newfound love in Jade's eyes. Seeing that look only confirmed what you already knew. That Jade would be the best mom and that you couldn't wait to have a family with her.