Three Lines (Jade)

You and Jade were lying on your bed watching Disney movies. She was snuggled into your chest and you had your arm draped over her.

"Y/N," Jade called out while she was tracing shapes on your arm.

"What is it princess," you asked, making Jade blush.

"What do these lines mean?"

Jade was referring to the three black lines you have tattoed on your wrist. You sighed and sat up, making Jade sit up as well, forgetting about your movie.

You spent about a minute staring down at the lines and tracing over them with your finger.

"Y/N, it's ok. You don't have to tell me, " Jade said, figuring it was a hard topic for you to talk about.

"It's fine, " you said, taking a deep breath. "Each line represents a time when I had to be reminded that life was worth living."

"Y/N"

"I'm better now. I haven't added a line in almost two years.  But I don't like to forget. These lines show me how far I've come and that I made it. They tell me to keep going."

Jade gently takes your face and brings your eyes up to meet hers. You feel her softly wipe away the tears you didn't know escaped.

After a few minutes of silence, Jade spoke up again. "You know that's how long we've been together. You haven't added a line since we've been together."

You looked up at Jade and surveyed her face. You could see the love and pain in her eyes from your story.

"I was struggling before you. But then we met, and you reminded me why life isn't so bad. You gave me a reason to keep going so that I could earn your love and make you happy."

Jade leaned over to you and connected your lips in a slow kissed filled with love. You pulled away when air became necessary and rested your forehead on Jade's while you ran your fingers through her hair.

"I love you, " you whispered, not wanting to speak any louder and ruin this moment.

Jade leaned in and kissed you softly before pulling away.

"I love you so much more."