The One (Jade)

You walked out of work with the biggest smile on your face. Nothing and no one could bring you down because you had just received the promotion you've been working towards.

Even though everyone in the office knew you were the best fit and an amazing worker, you still felt proud to get the recognition.

Without thinking, you pulled out your phone and pressed on Jade's contact.

"Hi, love! What's up?" Your previous smile only got bigger and brighter upon hearing your girlfriend's voice.

"I got that promotion at work. You're now talking to the lead Marketing Specialist," you squealed into the phone.

You could heard cheering on the other end before your girlfriend returned to the phone.

"That's great, babe," Jade said, happy that you wanted to share the good news with her. "Have you told anyone else?"

"You were the first one I called," you said as realization dawned on you.

"Well I'm happy I was the first," Jade said.

"No, you don't get it. And I didn't either. You're the first one I told. I didn't have to think about it. And I guess I've known for a long time."

You pause to take a breath, trying to build up the courage to say the one thing you've wanted to tell Jade.

"Jade, I love you. I want you to always be the first person I share anything with-good news and bad. You're the one for me no matter what," you say with a tear falling.

Unbeknownst to you, Jade was on the other end with tears falling too.

"I love you too. God, I love you so much, Y/N."

You let out a tearful chuckle. "I'm on my way home, so how about we snuggle and watch some movies when I get there?"

"I'd love that. I'll start getting the snacks," Jade said, making your heart flutter. "I love you!"

"I love you too. See you soon!"