I Wish (Leigh)

You watched Leigh walk down the aisle, not believing this moment was real. Today was a day you never thought you'd see.

You were so glad that Leigh had insisted no one see her in her dress because watching her walk down the aisle in her dress was so surreal.

When Leigh-Anne reached the altar and the pastor started, you couldn't focus on a word he said. All your focus was on Leigh and all of her beauty.

You zoned back in as the pastor acknowledged Leigh-Anne. "And do you Leigh-Anne take-"

"Yes, yes, yes, " Leigh said excitedly, cutting off the pastor. Everyone including you laughed.

"Well then, I now pronounce you wife and wife. You may kiss your bride."

...

You stood up for your speech and looked at Leigh, a smile instantly taking over your face.

"I've known Leigh-Anne for almost my whole life. We've been there for each other through everything, which is why I'm so happy today. Leigh means everything to me and to see her happy brings me such joy. Leigh, I love you with all of my heart. "

"So cheers to Leigh-Anne and Alyssa, " you said, raising your glass in the air.

"I wish it were me."

"I wish you all the best, " you say, making everyone clap and the newlywed couple kiss, breaking the last piece of your shattered heart.