So Sick (Jade)

A/N: Based on the song So Sick by Ne-Yo. I wanted to try my luck at incorporating a song. Also, this one is kind of long for an imagine, so I apologize for that. Flashbacks are in italics. Hope you like it.

"Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome with her new single, Y/N Y/L/N, " the host of the Global Awards said, introducing you.

The lights came up to show you already stood on stage. You haven't performed in months, not since your breakup with Jade.

No one knows what happened. All they know is that one day you were the two happiest people on earth, and the next, you were broken up and logged out of your social media.

"Gotta change my answering machine. Now that I'm alone. Cause right now it says that we can't come to the phone, " you sing as the first memory hits you.

"Hey, it's Jade and Y/N and," she gets cut off by your giggles.

"They're not gonna understand you," you say while laughing harder.

"Well, if I'm so hard to understand, then you say it, " she says while crossing her arms and pouting.

You kiss her pout away and then restart the message. "Hey, it's Y/N and Jade, and we're sorry we can't come to the phone right now."

You try to finish the message but can't help laughing as Jade tickles you. "Jade stop. We're gonna run out of time."

"Who cares they know what to do. Leave a message after the beep."

She ends the recording and then goes back to tickling you.

"And I know it makes no sense. Cause you walked out the door. But it's the only way I hear your voice anymore."

"Jade please don't go. We can work through this. I love you, " you said as Jade gathered her stuff.

She looked down and sighed before turning to you. "I love you too, but it's too late."

She finished packing quickly and quietly before leaving for good.

"It's ridiculous. It's been months and for some reason, I just can't get over us."

You're sitting at home alone because you stood up yet another date your friends set you up on.

They've been worried about you ever since your breakup. You haven't been leaving your house or doing any of the things that used to make you happy.

They've been setting you up on dates but none of the girls can even compare to Jade, so why try.

"And I'm stronger than this, yeah. Enough is enough. No more walkin' round with my head down. I'm so over being blue, cryin' over you."

As you sing, you look out at the crowd, eyes immediately locking onto a familiar brown pair.

"And I'm so sick of love songs. So tired of tears. So done with wishing you were still here, " you sing as you break eye contact.

You get out of the shower and shiver, looking around frantically for your towel. It's usually always laid out on the sink.

Then you remember why it's always laid on the sink. Because Jade always left it there.

She would always leave you a towel out because she knew you always forget to take one in the bathroom with you.

Now that she's gone, you remember all the little things she did, making you wish you never let her go.

"Said, I'm so sick of love songs. So sad and slow. So why can't I turn off the radio?"

You were content listening to the radio. Everything had been going fine. You were able to get up this morning and not start your day off with tears.