Childish Dreams (Leigh)

Y/N POV:

"I'm going to marry you one day and we'll grow up and have lots of kids and dogs and be one big happy family. Me and you, Lee Lee. We're going to get out of here and live life."

I grinned down at my best friend and girlfriend. We were sitting in her room under her covers, staring up at the ceiling. She was laying her head on my chest.

It was just past ten at night, and we were alone in her house. That's the only time we get to be together since her parents disapprove of having a girlfriend. They want her to grow up and marry some rich lawyer or doctor.

"I'd love that Y/N. It sounds like a dream."

Her chocolate brown eyes stare into my own and the magnetic force between us has me leaning in. As our lips are about to meet, her door slams open.

Leigh's father stood in the doorway seething and then lunged at me. He dragged me out of bed and out the front door. He stopped and dropped me in their front yard.

I quickly got up and brushed myself off. I see Leigh try and run to me with tears streaming down her face but gets held back by her mother.

"You stay away from my daughter. If I ever see you near her again, I will be calling the cops. Now go and don't ever come back." With one last look at Leigh, I walk off into the cold night.

Time Skip

It's the next day and I know Leigh's parents aren't home. I decide this is my one chance to see her for who knows how long.

I walk up the familiar street and see moving trucks in the driveway. I race up and see all of the family's belongings being loaded.

I stop one of the moving guys and ask him where the family is.

"They're gone already. We're supposed just to pack up the house."

His words cause my world to crumble. The light and love of my life is gone and I don't know where to find her. I don't know if I'll ever see her again.

Time Skip

That was 11 years ago. I've moved on and now I'm a successful singer and have had many chart-topping singles. Almost all of my dreams have come true.

I haven't seen Leigh-Anne since that night, but I do know that she's achieved a lot in life and couldn't be more proud. She still holds a special place in my heart and she always will.

I'm pulled from my thoughts by paparazzi outside my window and my manager telling me it's time for me to walk the red carpet. I step out and am instantly blinded by flashing lights.

As I get to my second interview on the carpet, loud screams caused me to turn around. When I did, my eyes immediately locked onto her chocolate brown ones.

A gasp left my lips, and I saw a single tear roll down her face. She was beautiful the day I left and she's even more stunning today.

I don't think either of us realised we were moving closer to each other until we were stood a few feet apart.

"Y/N," she said as she reached out to touch my face to make sure I was real. The slightest brush of her fingers caused fireworks to explode deep within me.

Tears streamed down her face as she pulled me into a bone-crushing hug, causing all the noise around us to disappear. I have the love of my life in my arms and I'm never letting her go again.

She pulled back and cupped my face. "I never thought I'd see you again Y/N."

"I missed you Lee Lee, " the old nickname slipping from my lips effortlessly.

"It seems like all your dreams came true."

"Not quite. I never had you."

She looked into my eyes and I saw the same love that shone in them when we were 15. She leaned in and our lips met in a soft kiss.

Even after all of these years without her, our lips still moved in perfect synch. We pulled away and rested our foreheads against each other.

"Well you've got me now and I'm not going anywhere. I love you."

"I love you too baby girl!"