c55: Jaded Facade

LOOKING at the road that was flashing so hazily before his eyes, Haechan seemed to be lost in his thought as he sat there in silence with his chin rest upon his prompting knuckle. He just let his mind swarmed him towards the state of horizonless and anyone could see how those lifeless brown orbs stared at the transparent screen for who god knows how long it has been passed already.

Luckily, Sungchan didn't intrigue him on why he declined his offer for a free ride and accompanying him to where he was going as he told him he will pay a visit to his friend he got to know from Taeyong hyung. The tanned male reasoned out for taking a bus because he missed the feeling of wandering around the beautiful city of Seoul with other passengers, but to be honest, he hated for lying to the younger male but he had to.

He wanted to make sure if everything was on the right track. Even though the courage he gathered was threateningly escaping out of his body and feeling like just going back to the younger's arms, he will embrace the fear if it means to end the enigma that he was trying to fathom countless times.

" MedSeoul Hospital Center? "

Stirring from his trance-state-like, Haechan then hurriedly waved his arms in the mid-air as he gripped to the cold metal bars for leverage and shuffling on his heels with careful skips he was emitting.

Bidding small polite gratitude to the old man who drove him to his destination, the tanned male took a deep breath when a sight of the institution came to his view. He felt the bus already left him on the sidewalk and at that moment, he came up to realize there was nothing he could do but walked over to the glass door and invited himself inside the said hospital.

After the tanned male took a polite bow to the porters, his gaze automatically darted over the reception as he spotted two nurses behind the long desk. He then sauntered towards them, asking for their assistance.

" good afternoon, sir. How may I help you? " the nurse greeted him courteously, urging him to vocalize his concerns.

" good afternoon.... umh, I have an appointment today with Mr. Lee Dong Hae " Haechan said as he unconsciously tapped his finger against the smooth surface.

" okay, sir. Let me check his appointment sheet and ring his telephone. Could you please hold on for a minute, sir? " the receptionist stated which she earned a slow nod in return.

" sure, go ahead " the tanned male then wandered his eyes around the area only to see few paramedics were rushing from place to place and those visitors who were just sitting on the benches, waiting for someone to entertain them. Not long afterward, when the receptionist called out his attention back to the front.

" thank you for staying on hold, sir. Mr. Lee is on the third floor, right-wing... room 307. He is now waiting for your appearance, sir " the nurse flashed a kind smile and gestured him towards the occupied hallway, wherein the elevators and staircase were already waiting to guard him to his landing place.

" thank you " swiveling to the other direction, Haechan ambulated the remaining distance he had to the vertical machine that he chooses, so he could go upstairs faster and without wasting too much energy.

' I think this is for the best ' Haechan thought and grabbed the opportunity when he saw the pair of the metal door was opened so proudly before him and he just got on time when the elevator shook through the hoistway up to the multiple floors.