Chapter Sixty-One

The doors of the Hospital Wing slammed open as Isabelle limped inside, ignoring the nurse's mumbling about her being so loud as she looked around the room. Her eyes scanned the place, not paying any attention to most injured or sick people until she noticed Scorpius laying on a bed near the end of the Hospital Wing.

She instantly headed his way, paying no heed to those around her even though she could feel eyes on her. She didn't bother knowing who was watching her. Walking over to his side, she examined him with furrowed eyebrows.

Scorpius was sleeping or unconcious, she couldn't know the difference. He looked quite peaceful though, if she chose to ignore that one injury on his cheek that was starting to bruise. She sat down beside his bed and took her hand in his as she continued with her scrutinise.

Now that she took a good look at him, she realised that his lips were slightly swollen to one side and his hair was ruffled. She couldn't imagine how he had gotten in a fight. She was aware that he didn't like Garry at all, but then again, he had never been one to venture to violence. He preferred to use his wand.

She had left him alone for half an hour and he had gotten in a fight. The thought alone made her shake her head. If she knew the afternoon would have ended like this, she would have postponed her talk with Cassidy. At least that way he wouldn't have ended up with such injuries. He would also be punished, no doubt. She wondered what their peers would say. The Head Boy getting in a fight with a Hufflepuff in his year. Quite scandalous, if she said so herself.

"He is fine."

Isabelle jumped as she turned to the sound, only to notice the nurse watching her with pursed lips. "I made him drink a potion to sleep. He wouldn't stop arguing with the other boy. I put both of them to sleep. They disturbed the silence of my hospital."

Glancing to the direction the nurse had earlier gestured to, she caught sight of Garry  some beds away from her. She didn't bother knowing whether he was actually asleep or not. Instead, she turned back to her. "What happened?"

"I suppose he will tell you that himself. I expect he will wake up in some minutes."

Without another word, she left to tend to other patients, leaving Isabelle alone with Scorpius once again. Frowning slightly, she turned to face him. Brushing a stray strand of blond hair away from his closed eyes, she rested her head on the mattress and watched him from beneath her eyelashes. She would have to wait for some minutes to get all the answers she wanted.

In these almost seven years they knew each other, there had never been an incident when Scorpius had lost control over his emotions. Not to such an extent, at least. She had never heard him claim that he wanted to harm someone physically - or rather, she didn't believe he meant it - and as expected, he had never even bothered to try hurting someone in any way other than hexing them. Needless to say, she was quite curious as to what Garry had said or done that was enough for him to attack. That is, if he had been the one to throw the first punch. She definitely doubted that Garry would attempt attacking him.

With a sigh, Isabelle looked away in the direction of Garry's bed. Even from such a distance, she could see a bruise forming just below his cheekbone, one pretty similar to the one Scorpius sported. Judging from their injuries, she couldn't determine who had won their fight.

"Belle."

Isabelle snapped her head back to Scorpius even if the sound had been barely audible. Almost instantly, a smile formed on her lips.

He was looking at her with his eyes half-closed, but he was awake. Not letting go of his hand, she used her unoccupied hand to cup the side of his cheek that wasn't bruised or swollen. "In how much pain are you in?"