Chapter Twenty-Nine

"Class dismissed."

As soon as Professor Longbottom announced that the lesson was over, Isabelle gathered her things. There was a small smile on her lips as she put her textbooks in her bag, as she knew, that this was the last class of the day and hopefully, she would have some fun watching her friends having a snowball fight. The fact that she would have Scorpius beside her was making things even better. She couldn't wait to see how the afternoon would go.

"You certainly seem happy," Albus's voice was heard, bringing her to look up at him and nod.

"I am excited, actually. It's been a year since I last watched my friends having a snowball fight. Every year, there is something funny happening."

Scorpius and Effie walked towards them, clearly curious to hear about these funny incidents that happened every year when her Hufflepuff friends had snowball fights.

"Come on, we'll walk to the castle and you'll tell us all about these incidents," Scorpius smiled. With a nod, Isabelle strapped her bag behind her back and walked to the exit of the greenhouse, the other three following after her. As soon as they were all outside, she started talking.

"When we were just first-years, I was only friends with Cassidy and Bernard. It was just the three of us, so, as expected, they were the ones having the snowball fights, as I don't really participate in such activities. They were playing near the Black Lake, and that winter had been so cold I remember that part of the Black Lake had been covered in ice!

"So, they got closer and closer to the ice, and Bernard ended up slipping! It was really funny to watch, you know. He seemed like a dancer - only he wasn't graceful and there wasn't a smile on his lips. He doesn't like that story, though, so don't tell him you know."

"Wouldn't dream of it," Scorpius smiled down at her as Effie nodded. All of them turned to Albus, who shrugged as he found himself in the centre of attention.

"Don't look at me like that, I hardly speak with him anyway. I have no reason to tell him."

"Good," Isabelle nodded before she started telling them another incident. "When we were third-years, we were friends with Hailey and Garry, so, Bernard and Cassidy didn't play alone against each other. Hailey was with Bernard, and Garry was with Cassidy. They had chosen to play in a part of the castle that's near the Forbidden Forest. You see, there were many trees there, all of them having snow on their branches. Of course, nobody had taken that into consideration.

"As we were playing, Cassidy got close to a tree and Hailey along with Bernard made all the snow from above her on the branches to fall down on her." Isabelle stopped as she tried to stifle a giggle at the memory. "Cassidy was like a walking snowwoman afterwards. She insisted that they should not use their wands in their snowball fights but Bernard and Hailey disagreed. In return, Cassidy suggested that there were no rules in the fight."

Effie smirked slightly as she looked at the Hufflepuff. "Why do I have a feeling that this didn't end well for Bernard and Hailey?"

Isabelle smiled. "It didn't. Next time they played, Cassidy brought her beater's bat with her and charmed the snowballs so that they would rise some feet above the ground. She hit them with the bat and aimed straight at their faces. I must admit, her aim was great."

"It certainly does sound like you have a great time whenever you have a snowball fight," Scorpius mused, "I wonder what will happen today."

"So do I," Isabelle admitted, "I can't wait to see what they have planned. Not to mention that Bernard and Cassidy have placed a bet. Whoever loses will be the other's servant for a week, and I am really interested to see how this will play out."