Chapter Fifty-Four

When Isabelle woke up the next morning the sun had just risen. Knowing that nobody else would be awake at this hour, she decided to use the luxuries her room provided. So, she got another set of clothes - not forgetting her prosthetic - and headed to the bathroom that was connected with her bedroom, transfiguring one of the pillows to a long stick that would help her move around. After a shower, or rather, after the exploration of the bathtub and an immense effort to understand all the taps and what each did without changing the temperature of the water, she dried herself off and after putting on her prosthetic, began the process of getting dressed.

Her shower certainly took her much time but still, she didn't think anyone would be awake. So, she stayed in her room, transfigured her aiding stick to a pillow again and then sat down on her bed in order to brush her hair. She dried her hair with the help of her wand and then started braiding it once again. She had just finished the second and final braid when there was a knock on the door.

Isabelle looked up as she let go of her braid and with a clear voice spoke up. "Come in."

As soon as she voiced her permission to the person to open the door, the handle turned and soon Scorpius got in the room, greeting her with a smile as he walked her way. "Good morning."

"Good morning," she echoed as she stood up to meet him half-way, instinctively mirroring his smile. "Did you sleep well?"

"I think I did." He reached down and pecked her lips lightly before pulling back once again. "Did you take a shower?"

Her eyebrows furrowed. "Yeah, how-"

"I can smell the shampoo," he explained shortly, "will you join father and I for breakfast?"

"Of course, just-"

"Yeah, you should take your things with you, your parents will be here in some time."

Isabelle nodded once. "Will do."

With a last smile his way, she turned around and started collecting her things. Scorpius did offer to help her gather her things but she refused, claiming she could do it herself. And so, he watched her as she got ready without making a sound.

"Do you think your parents will let you stay here again?"

"Maybe they will," she mumbled as she stole a glimpse at him before turning back to her suitcase, "but what difference would that make, Scorpius? I mean, I did sleep under the same roof as you, but that happens every night when we are at Hogwarts. The only thing we don't experience at Hogwarts is the peacocks and the feeling of meeting with a relative. Other than that, this ended up being the same as any other night. It wasn't all that special in the end."

"You do have a point," he admitted, "what if I convince my father to leave us alone next time?"

"What difference would that do?" she shrugged as she closed her suitcase and turned to face him once again. "We could do whatever we want at Hogwarts. That wonderful room with the invisible door could grant any wish of ours, is that not right?"

"Can't argue with that either."

Isabelle laughed slightly as she dragged her suitcase towards him, stopping just in front of him. She let her suitcase fall as she raised her hands to his shirt, smoothing it down as she looked at him from beneath her eyelashes, a smile remaining on her lips. "It was nice meeting your father, Scorpius. If you had hoped that we would get some time to ourselves that would be different from the time we spent around each other while at school, then I'm sorry to disappoint you."

"You didn't disappoint," he said softly, "I suppose we'll just have to catch up when we get back to Hogwarts."

Isabelle hummed, her smile widening as her movements stilled, her hands pressed against his chest. Without a word, she reached up, pressing a small kiss on the side of his mouth before stepping away from him. She grabbed her suitcase and then her wand, heading to the door. Scorpius watched her as she got away. She had just walked through the door when she stopped, turning around to face him once again.