Chapter Fifty-One

"I've got my books, clothes, cauldron cakes, wand, brush-"

"Goodness, Isabelle, you've checked four times in that last hour, you've packed everything!" Cassidy burst as she jumped up from her position on the bed and headed straight to Isabelle.

The girl looked up sheepishly as she heard her approaching, clearly unapologetic. "I don't want to forget anything. It would be embarrassing to ask Mr Malfoy for anything."

"You've packed all you need," she assured her as she grabbed her wand and handed it over to her before reaching out and closing her suitcase. "Your things are in here, there is nothing for you to take. You don't have to worry."

"Alright," Isabelle allowed as she looked up at her friend's small suitcase. "Don't you have anything else to take with you?"

"No," she grinned, "I prefer taking few things with me that I know I will absolutely need. We won't be gone for too long, Belle."

"You are right," she frowned as she looked at her suitcase. "I haven't packed much either but I just feel quite unprepared, you know? Like there's something I'm forgetting."

"You haven't forgotten anything, I'm sure of it," Cassidy assured her as she grabbed her suitcase, "I saw you unpack and pack this thing too many times today. You are prepared for whatever is going to happen."

"But what if Mr Malfoy-"

"Belle, stop it," she cut in firmly, bringing her friend to instantly stop talking. With a small sigh, Cassidy sat down beside her on the bed. "Scorpius's father won't judge you in any way, alright? He did say he is looking forward to meeting you, why would he wish to judge you if he wants to see you so badly?"

"I'm his son's girlfriend, Cassidy," she murmured as she looked at the ground, "it's only natural that he would judge me. He wants the best for his son and whatever opinion he is going to form about me is going to be vital. I don't want to make him disappointed in me because then I will bring Scorpius into a hard situation. I don't want him fighting with his father because of me."

"I am sure that's not going to happen, Belle," Cassidy put an arm over her shoulders and pulled her towards her gently. "Everything is going to run along smoothly. Scorpius's father is going to love you and you are going to have a great time at the Manor."

"How can you be so certain-"

Cassidy sent her a smirk. "Because I believe in your charm."

Isabelle couldn't help but laugh as she shook her head in disbelief, knowing that whatever Cassidy was saying wasn't exactly true. The sole purpose of her comment was to lighten the mood and she could say it was successful in a sense. Cassidy, now more confident, stood up and grabbed Isabelle's arm as she started trying to pull her up.

"Come on, now. It's time to go, or else we'll lose the train. That would be a disaster, wouldn't it?"

"You are right," she allowed as she let her pull her up, "I don't want to lose the train. That will certainly not make it seem like I'm a responsible person, and Mr-"

"I expected your suitcase to be heavier," Cassidy cut in loudly as she grabbed Isabelle's suitcase along with her own and started making her way to the door, ignoring her friend's sigh as she walked away. "I won't wait for you, you know."

She had barely left the dormitory when Isabelle was once again beside her. With no hesitation whatsoever, she reached down and grabbed her suitcase as they walked side by side to the Hufflepuff common room. They remained silent.

Isabelle wanted to share her worries about her meeting with Scorpius's father. This was the one thing she thought about the most these last days if one excluded her NEWTs and she really wanted to have a conversation about it however, she was aware that she was being irritating and annoying. She had talked about this too many times, Cassidy knew all about her worries. She had also assured her multiple times that everything was going to be alright and she knew that it would be the best for her if she believed her, but she had some trouble with that.