Chapter Fifty-Three

Due to the revelation of Isabelle actually loving Draco's peacocks, the tour around the house had to be postponed until after dinner as a new activity had been listed in the program; fawning over the peacocks time with Draco and Isabelle. Scorpius couldn't keep the smile off of his face for the entire time they had dinner as his father talked excitedly about his peacocks, conversing with Isabelle easily. It seemed that his father actually liked her and that Isabelle was feeling relaxed and welcome. There was nothing else Scorpius could have wished to happen that day.

Even as he walked by Isabelle's side after dinner, he couldn't wipe his smile off of his face. It had all went along smoothly and he was pleased. Very pleased. Still, though, he didn't voice it. At least, not when they were still in the corridor. He didn't want his father listening in their conversation.

Scorpius showed her around the Manor, keeping his tour short and only showing her the important parts of it, skipping the tour to the bedrooms as he chose to show her the library, the dining rooms and the numerous galleries dotted around the house. Isabelle made no attempt in mentioning any of the things that had happened before as she simply followed Scorpius around, commenting her opinion on each room they passed.

Her favourite room thus far was a gallery room near the library that was made mainly of stone. There was a small fireplace in the room, probably for decoration purposes and there were numerous paintings on the wall all around her. The room had no window but she didn't mind at all. In front of the fireplace was a dark green couch and in front of it a small wooden table had been placed.

The room in itself wasn't all that impressive when compared to the other rooms of the Manor but it made her feel relaxed and she liked it. If there was any chance she would visit the Manor again, she would make sure to spend some time in that room.

The tour ended with Scorpius leading her to where he said were her bedrooms. "Here is your room and mine is just at the end of the corridor," he told her as he gestured to the vague direction of the corridor before glancing discreetly between her and the door leading to her bedroom. Isabelle smiled slightly as she hummed in response and opened the door, getting in her room.

It was by no means small but Isabelle couldn't tell that she was surprised. After all, she was used to living in such a big room, as her own room back in her house wasn't all that different from this one. She did come from a wealthy family and the length of the room didn't surprise her one bit. What did surprise her, though, was all the silver around.

At first glance, she could see that most if not all decorations in the room had silver on them. From the paintings around the room with the silver frame to the chandelier, silver was everywhere. The only place she was convinced didn't have silver was the bed.

"So much silver," she murmured as she got deeper in the room, noticing that her suitcase had been left beside her bed. She heard the door closing softly behind her but didn't pay any mind to it. Instead, she looked around her carefully, a smile forming on her lips as she took in the light beige walls and emerald green fabrics all around the room.

Scorpius's hands touching her waist as he hugged her from behind had her smile widening and she didn't hesitate to sink in his touch as she kept looking around her. "Your Manor is beautiful."

"I know," he murmured as he pressed a kiss on her neck. Isabelle's heartbeat picked up. She couldn't remember the last time he had kissed her neck, if he had done it at all. "Father likes you."

She let out a relieved sigh as she turned in his arms, her smile widening as she finally faced him, "I was getting nervous for nothing, right?"

"Not for nothing, you had every reason to be nervous," he admitted as he started rubbing his thumbs around her waist in slow circular motions, bringing her to relax more with each touch. "I don't think he would have liked you nearly as much if you hadn't seen his peacocks."