Chapter Twenty-Two

Christmas holidays were over quickly and every student had to return to Hogwarts. Saying goodbye to parents was hard for most, including Scorpius, but this time, he actually caught himself in anticipation of what was to come.

"I will miss you father, I really will, but I have to get going," he said as he pulled back, away from his father's embrace.

Draco only raised an eyebrow. "Of course you do, there's a girl waiting for you somewhere in the train."

"Father," he hissed as he looked around them, "someone could hear you!"

"Even if they did, they wouldn't understand a thing," he smiled slightly, "relax, Scorpius. There's no need to be on edge."

"It's been two weeks since I last saw her," he said as he looked up at him with wide eyes. "Do you think she will be different now-"

"Of course, she will be a different person," he scowled, "get a grip, son!"

"You know I am only acting like that because you had persuaded me to tell you of my situation," he shrugged, "that's why I am so open about it. If it weren't for that, I would have been a perfectly behaving son."

"And I am starting to think that I should have left the talk about your feelings go that day instead of pointing out that I had already realised what is going on," Draco sighed before sending a smile at his son. "You know what to do, Scorpius. Don't neglect your Head Boy duties and do study but-" he paused as he looked at his son's wide eyes, "- just get the girl. If that's what will make you happy, go after her. I trust you'll be respectful."

"Thank you, father," he grinned as he took some steps back. "I love you!"

He turned on his heels and headed to the train, oblivious to the fact that Draco had frozen behind him.

Getting on the train, he searched for the compartment his friends would be in, and after some time, just as the train had started moving, he caught sight of Effie and Albus in a compartment. Without hesitation, he slid the door open and got inside.

"Scorpius!" Effie exclaimed as soon as she saw him, without hesitation, jumping up and pulling him in for a tight hug.

"Hey Effie," he chuckled as he sent a smile at Albus, "I have a feeling you missed me."

"I missed all of my friends," she said as she pulled back. "I got to France for holidays and couldn't meet any of you. What about you?"

"We both stayed here," Albus replied for the both of them, "we visited each other regularly too."

"That's really nice," she smiled, "did anything exciting happen?"

"James managed to break a leg," Albus shrugged, "that's about as interesting as it got."

"Your poor brother," Effie frowned, "how did he get hurt?"

"He tried to push me down the stairs but I got out of the way."

"Ah," she scowled, "I don't feel so sorry for him now."

"He is a menace!" he exclaimed, "You are lucky you don't have an older brother!"

"He is overreacting," Scorpius told her, "James is fine. He just likes to have fun."

"No, correction, he likes to make fun of me," Albus scowled, "there's a difference."

"You poor boy," she patted his knee, "I am so sorry."

He raised an eyebrow at her. "Why do I feel like you are mocking me?"

"Probably because I am?"

Before Albus could retort with something, there was a knock on the door. The three exchanged a look before Scorpius stood up to slide the door of the compartment open. As soon as he noticed who it was, a smile formed on his lips.