Chapter Thirteen

"What are you smiling about?"

Isabelle looked up, the smile on her lips widening as she met the stormy grey eyes of her friend. She titled her head to the side in confusion.

"I am just smiling."

"Come on, tell me," he pouted as the carriage came to a stop. He stood up and pulled her up as well. He had yet to let go of her hand.

"Scorpius, I was just thinking about something I found nice," she replied as he helped her out of the carriage. "It is not something important."

"But I am curious," he pouted once again, succeeding in making Isabelle laugh.

"I am not telling you," she grinned.

The young man pursed his lips. "Fine."

She chuckled as they got in the village and headed straight for the candy shop. The streets of Hogsmeade were not crowdy that day, as it was still quite early in the morning. Scorpius, evidently happy, started swinging their joined hands back and forth between them.

Isabelle sent him a small smile. "What are you doing?"

"What does it seem like I am doing?" he countered with a smirk.

This time, she chuckled. "You are quite happy, today, Scorpius. I don't know if that's a bad thing or not."

"Is it a sin to be happy nowadays?" he rolled his eyes as they got into the candy shop.

"Of course not," she giggled as she pulled him to the place where the liquorice wands were stationed. "It's just that you hardly act like that when in public."

"There are not many people around," he reasoned as he grabbed a chocolate delicacy from a shelf. "I hardly ever act like that around other people anyway. You seem to bring out my silly self."

"It is not silly," she mumbled as she looked at the ground. "It is adorable."

For some time, the young man said nothing and Isabelle thought she had gotten too far, when she felt a pair of lips on her cheek. Immediately, her eyes widened and she blushed so hard, her face was as red as a tomato after some seconds.

Scorpius chuckled as he smirked down at her. "Look who is being adorable now."

That did not help her situation at all, and Scorpius, even if he was amused by the reaction he had gotten out of her, finally decided to put her out of her misery. He reached up and grabbed another chocolate delicacy.

"Chocolate cake?"

Isabelle nodded as she grabbed the chocolate cake. "Thank you."

"You are welcome, Belle."

The two headed to the counter and each paid for their own sweets, the Hufflepuff insisting on paying for Albus's liquorice wands as well. They left the candy shop some time later, each holding a bag of sweets. This time, Scorpius had not insisted on holding her hand.

"Let us go order some butterbeer," he grinned as he looked down at his companion. Isabelle nodded, and so, the two headed straight to the Three Broomsticks.

The pub was crowded, and Scorpius, after glancing around, handed his bag of sweets over to her. "I am going to get us our butterbeers," he informed her. "Could you find us a table?"

"Of course," she smiled. "I'll be waiting for you."

The two got to different directions after smiling at each other one last time. Isabelle sat down on a table near the back of the room and proceeded to wait for her friend. The smile had yet to leave her lips as she sat alone.