Chapter Twenty-Three

With Isabelle buying some more chocolate cakes, it was time for the two to return to their compartment. Cassidy was not the least bit pleased as she did not like being in Garry's company, but her friend only needed to remind her that Bernard was there alone with his girlfriend and the boy for her to give in. And so, after about an absense of half an hour, they got back in the compartment.

"At last," Bernard exclaimed as soon as he saw them, "we thought someone had killed you or something."

Cassidy smirked. "You sound like you'd never want that happening."

"Of course I wouldn't," he spluttered, "You weren't alone."

"I can feel the love," Garry mused, only bringing Hailey to laugh as she snuggled closer to her boyfriend's side.

"Bernard doesn't mean it, right?"

"Of course I don't," he murmured as he pressed a kiss on her forehead. "I am not that bad of a person."

The dark-haired woman fell in a fit of giggles, bringing the boy to scowl in return. Hailey shook her head.

"Don't pay attention to her, honey," she said as she winked at Isabelle. "She is just jealous."

"Jealous?" she spluttered. "Of what, relationships?" She scoffed. "Not in a million years."

"You won't be living in a million years."

"Exactly."

"How do you know that your dead self won't like relationships?"

She narrowed her eyes at him. "Who told you to speak, Garry?"

"Alright, that's enough for today," Hailey piped in with a smile, "why don't you sleep? Sleep is good, quiet and this way your friends won't get tired."

"Why don't you sleep then, Hailey?" Cassidy countered with a smirk. "Because I am certainly not going to sleep today."

Five minutes later, she was snoring.

"Life is good, life is so good," Albus was singing when Isabelle found him after the feast. Scorpius and Effie were on either side of him, quite concerned with how he was acting.

"Hey," the blonde smiled as she made her way over to them, her smile widening as he continued singing. "Did I miss something?"

"Niha and Rose came to our table and Niha decided to give him a Christmas present in the form of a kiss on the cheek," Effie replied, as she looked wearily at Albus who had started bellowing out his song. "I think he is broken."

"He's broken years now," Scorpius piped in as he sent a smile at Isabelle. "How was the feast for you?"

"Uneventful," she shrugged before looking wearily at Albus. "Should we make him stop? Niha might as well understand why he is acting like that."

"You think we should?" Effie winced at the loud sound. "Yes, we definitely should."

Before the two girls could say anything, Scorpius elbowed Albus in the stomach, making him gasp as he doubled over.

"Scorpius!" Isabelle screeched, "You hurt him!"

"For good reason," he shrugged as he looked at Albus who was staring wide-eyed at the floor. "He'll survive."

"That's what I like in you, Malfoy," Effie smirked, "your knowledge of others' survival skills."

"Why, thank you," he smirked back at her, "I've been told that I am pretty good at it."

"You are unbelievable," Isabelle sighed as she took some steps back. "I am going to sleep. I'll see you in the morning?"

"Sure thing," Scorpius smiled, "goodnight, Belle!"