Chapter Thirty

For some people, perhaps after having a snowball fight and falling in the snow there would be no problem. Some could simply continue their life as if nothing had happened, however, that was not the case for everyone.

It certainly wasn't the case with Isabelle either, as just a day after that enjoyable snowball fight, one that Cassidy's team had won in the end, she had gotten sick.

She kept sneezing and for the duration of breakfast, she had a handkerchief in front of her nose. To make matters worse, she also had a slight cough.

"You have to see the nurse," Cassidy said at some point as she sat opposite her on the Hufflepuff table, after her friend had sneezed for the third time in a row. Isabelle didn't reply at all as she blew her nose before letting out a sigh.

"I don't want to," she frowned, "I'll lose my classes, and I have to attend, it is important."

"Isabelle, it's Charms, and you managed to cast the spell we are covering at the moment last time. I hardly think you have any reason to be in the class," Cassidy pointed out, "besides, you have made plans with Scorpius for tomorrow, remember? It would be best if you weren't sick."

"I am sure he will be understanding if she tells him she is sick," Garry piped in from his position beside Isabelle. "You could always cancel on him, he'll live."

"Nobody asked for your opinion, Garry," Cassidy snapped as she glared his way.

"No need to get defensive," he rolled his eyes as he grabbed his breakfast and stood up, mumbling something about her being more grumpy than usual that morning. In return, Cassidy mumbled some not so nice words about his intellect before turning to Isabelle.

"Where were we?"

"You shouldn't be so rude towards him," she frowned as she raised her cup of tea to her lips. "He was simply saying his opinion."

"You didn't ask for it, I didn't ask for it, nobody asked for it, so he has no reason speaking at all," she raised an eyebrow, "when are you going to stop defending him?"

Isabelle did not reply as she coughed once again. Cassidy's gaze seemed to soften, and with a small sigh, she offered her a smile. "It does not matter. We shouldn't concern ourselves with him. Let's discuss something else."

"Alright," she agreed with a nod, "Bernard's birthday is close, have you bought him anything?"

She shook her head. "No, I am going to search for something tomorrow when we go at Hogsmeade. I think I should gift him a tracking device, so that Hailey will always know where he is."

She couldn't help but giggle. "Come on, Cassidy, he is not that helpless."

"I never said he is helpless, only immature," she shrugged, "I can just imagine him and Hailey walking around Diagon Alley and poor Hailey trying to keep him from heading to the candy shop. She could lose him in the crowd, a tracking device would be really helpful!"

"I don't think he would appreciate it," she smiled, "perhaps he would appreciate some sweets more."

"I get him sweets every year," she pointed out, "this is our final year here, I might as well put some effort into this gift. Who knows, we might not even stay friends after school."

"Don't speak like that," she frowned, "You and Bernard will never stop being friends. He could never just disregard these six years you've spent being friends, and neither could you."

"We could always somehow lose touch, Belle," Cassidy smiled softly at her, "we will have our own lives, even if we someday stop being friends, it isn't the end of the world. Life goes on, and just like I will move on, so will Bernard. We all will lose touch at some point."