Chapter Forty-Nine

The rest of the day was uneventful for Isabelle. People were pranked left and right but she hadn't been in the crossfire, to her good luck. If one excluded the events of the morning it was safe to say that the day continued as usual.

With the exception of Cassidy's things going missing.

For the duration of the day Cassidy's things started to disappear. First, it was her least favourite quill. Then, the little drawing of Professor Flitwick on a stack of books. Some time while they had been eating lunch, her fish had miraculously disappeared too, to her friends' surprise and amusement. Finally, as she sat down to have dinner with her friends, her bracelet disappeared.

"My bracelet!" she exclaimed in surprise as she looked down at her hand that was now bare. "It disappeared too!"

"Thank Merlin," Bernard sighed, "that thing was hideous."

"Yeah," Cassidy smiled at him, "Maybe whoever makes my things disappear will do the same to you. I think their message is to get rid of the hideous things."

"Harsh, Cassidy," he commented as Isabelle chuckled from beside her.

"It seems like you've got someone with style trying to make your life more elegant," Hailey said with a laugh, "It was about time you got rid of all these things, seriously."

"I was too bored to throw away most of these things," she defended as she started eating, "The same doesn't apply for my food though, I would like it to remain in my plate this time."

"Perhaps whoever is making things disappear wants to also tell you that you should eat in a healthy manner?" Hailey suggested as she eyed the burger in her friends plate.

"I was eating a fish, Hailey," Cassidy pointed out as she grabbed the burger and got ready to take a bite.

"Perhaps they don't like fish then?"

Cassidy sent a look at Isabelle beside her as she took a bite from her burger. When she spoke she had hardly shallowed her food. "Yeah right."

"Maybe they just felt like pranking you," Bernard shrugged, "Unless you did something to someone?"

"I think that list is infinite," she smirked.

Garry instantly nodded. "I thought the same."

At the warning look he received from Cassidy and Bernard he shrugged, and the attention shifted from him to Hailey once again. "Whoever is pranking you seems like a good person. I mean, they haven't done anything bad so far. On the contrary, they are actually making sure you have gotten rid of things you don't need."

"Which narrows down the options of who it could be," Cassidy agreed as she stole a quick look at Isabelle eating beside her. "Anyway, I'm sure I can find out who it is."

"I wasn't expecting anything less from you, Cassidy," Isabelle mumbled as she finished her food and pushed it away. "I'm going to join Scorpius. Good night."

Her friends chorused the statement and she waved once before turning around and heading to the Slytherin table. She knew that she wasn't allowed to have dinner with people that weren't from her house but it wasn't like she was going to stay long and she had practically eaten with her friends. With some hesitation, she walked just behind Scorpius and with a smile at Albus and Effie that were sitting opposite him, she tapped his shoulder.

As soon as he turned around Scorpius smiled, and without her having to tell him anything he scooted to the side, allowing her to sit beside him. She sat down and pecked his cheek before turning to her other friends. "Hey guys. How was your day?"