Chapter Eleven

Isabelle did not stay with her Hufflepuff friends for long. Soon enough, she had to go to Herbology, as it was her first lesson for the day. She had made her way to the greenhouses alone, as Albus and Scorpius had already left the Slytherin table by the time she had finished her breakfast.

The weather was still warm, and that made her smile, as she knew, at least she would not be cold while in class. As she made her way to one of the greenhouses, she noticed that Albus was already inside, and so was Scorpius.

And so was a female Slytherin she did not know of.

Struggling to not frown, Isabelle walked to her seat next to Albus, examining the woman talking to Scorpius as she did so. She had clear, blue eyes and her hair was brown. She had seen her around the two, she remembered.

"Hello, Isabelle," Albus said as soon as he saw her. The blonde sent him a weak smile in return.

"Albus? Can I ask you something?"

"Of course," he smiled as he turned his body to face her completely.

"Who is this woman? You know, the one talking to Scorpius?"

The man's eyebrows furrowed seemingly in confusion as he turned to look at his blond friend, only for a smile to appear on his lips. "You don't know her?"

"I don't," Isabelle nodded. "Who is she?"

"That's Effie," Albus suddenly grinned. "She is one of our friends in Slytherin. She is really friendly and polite, you would like her."

The Hufflepuff's eyes widened. "I.. I don't think-"

"Effie! Come here, will you?"

Scorpius and the woman named Effie stopped talking, both of them seemingly confused at the interruption. But still, they walked over to Isabelle and Albus.

"Hello," the female Slytherin greeted, a small smile on her lips. "What is it?"

"Nothing," Albus grinned, "I was just talking with Isabelle here and she was telling me that she really wanted to meet you."

The blonde's eyes widened at the lie, as she had been completely unprepared. The brunette in front of her seemed quite as surprised as Isabelle, but quickly, she masked it with a smile.

"Isabelle Demont?" she asked, her smile widening as the Hufflepuff nodded. "Scorpius and Albus have told me many things about you. It is nice to finally meet you, after three years of them pestering me about you."

"Really?" she asked, evidently surprised at the revelation. She turned to her friends for answers, but she did not get any. Albus actually looked away from her, and as for Scorpius, he started laughing nervously.

"I have only heard good things, of course," Effie continued. "I actually know one of your friends, by the way."

"You do?"

"Yes," she nodded, "I know Garry. We sit together in Astronomy. Although, I am not so sure if I actually know him. People tend to speak nonsense when sleepy."

"She knows that from first-hand experience," Albus piped in, and immediately, Scorpius smirked as he seemingly caught on to what his friend was implying. "She speaks nonsense all the time, and she then claims that she is sleepy."

"As if," Effie laughed, "I hardly ever speak nonsense. It's you that does, with all the lame jokes of yours."

"My jokes are wonderful!" Albus protested. "Tell her, Scorpius!"

All eyes turned to Scorpius, or rather, where Scorpius had been. Isabelle's eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "Where did he go?"

"I am right here."