Chapter Thirty-Seven

After Valentine's Day, Isabelle thought that things would change between her and Scorpius. After all, they were no longer just friends. However, she soon realised that almost nothing had changed.

Couples usually held hands, exchanged hugs or kissed the other on the cheek, but they had been doing all of these things already. As they couldn't do anything more intimate when walking at the corridors, someone that didn't know wouldn't ever suspect that they actually were something more than just friends.

In the end, she realised that the line between being friends and something more than that, was too thin in her case with Scorpius. If she were to be honest, at points she still thought they were just friends.

He was there for her whenever she needed him and it was the same with him. It really was like nothing had changed, with the exception of a few kisses here and there.

She felt like things couldn't get better between them. A week into her relationship, she had written a letter to her parents telling them all about Scorpius. She had later learnt that he had done the same, and that his father was eager to meet her.

Cassidy would tease her regularly, claiming that she was thinking about it all the time, and Isabelle couldn't help but agree. She had to admit, she did think of her relationship with Scorpius a good amount of time. As the time passed and March came, though, she had another thing to think about.

Professor Flitwick had told them they would be trying to cast the Patronus charm once again, and had hinted that they would do it on their next lesson. She wanted to cast her Patronus, no matter what. But that led to some problems.

She could remember very well, that when she had tried casting the Patronus, she had felt like something was pulling her down. It was as if something wouldn't let her live her happy memory fully, like an obstacle, and she hated it. She didn't want obstacles when it came to her memories.

She already had troubles in her daily life because of her prosthetic, she didn't want anything affecting her mind too.

But what could it be? She didn't know what could have led to that, but she was willing to try to find out.

The afternoon before her charms class, she sat on a windowsill, her gaze glued on the window as she watched the trees moving with the loud wind. She was having a sort of meeting with herself so as to understand what was happening inside her head, when she felt someone placing a kiss on her cheek.

She turned around, a small smile forming on her lips as she saw Scorpius standing there, mirroring her own smile. "Hey."

"Hello," he mumbled, "What are you doing here all by yourself? Do your friends have a lesson?"

"No, they are in the common room," she admitted, "I just wanted some time to think."

Without any sort of hesitation, he sat down next to her and turned to face her. "Care to share your thoughts? They seem to be troubling you quite a bit, if I am to judge from the expression you wore before I came."

"I don't know," she frowned slightly, "I don't want to worry you-"

"Then tell me what's troubling you," he cut in softly. He placed a hand on her knee and gently rubbed it, touching the prosthetic slightly as he did so. However, as she looked up at him, she couldn't detect any sign of irritation or annoyance. It seemed like he was not bothered by it. "I don't like seeing you troubled, Belle. I'd like to help you."

For some time, she said nothing as she looked at her lap, but then, with a sigh, she looked up at him and nodded. "Alright. I'll tell you. It's about my Patronus."