83 | POOL EPISODE (ANIME STYLE) PT. 1

Author Note

Author Note

Hey guys! :) I'm posting the next four chapters at once, so it's a quadruple update. I've been super sick over the past week, so I apologize for any grammar/spelling issues.

This was supposed to be one chapter at 2k words and I kind of overwrote 😅 (something I do a lot lol) and it's 10k, and I thought about cutting it out completely and making it a deleted scene, but I decided to just upload it. I really hope you guys like it and I didn't just bore you even though any scene with Rucker and Yaz ain't boring lol

Think of this as the beach/pool episode in an anime, a breather arc, because I want you to get to know them a bit better because (spoiler) we might be losing some people very soon 😢😭😓 Or will we? 🤔

♟♙♟

BIKINI. This white bikini coated my skin like a flimsy spiderweb without a design, covering only my main bits while leaving everything else to the wolves.

I spent my whole life trying to be average, staying under the radar. Wearing revealing clothes did the opposite of that. It made people aware of me. Very aware, and that feeling took me out of my comfort zone.

"Are you sure this isn't too much?" I spun around in front of the full-length mirror that Yaz just requested, almost tripping over a pile of rejected bikinis.

We've been modeling swimsuits for each other for the past hour and a half. Both of us were already twenty minutes late for the party. Rucker texted us like ten times already, and Yaz ignored them all.

"You're fine. Mine's worse than yours," Yaz said, tugging at her black and gold strapless cups. She twirled in the mirror next to me. "I can have a nip slip at any time, and I don't care. I'm trying to drink and forget that I'm in this shit hole for a few hours."

That would be nice. Not the drunkenness but the forgetting part. That whole Layla thing drained everything out of me. Demo almost killed me, and that fight with Aries was painful. My body and spirit needed a break.

Plus, it was nice to wear a bikini. It almost felt like I didn't have to fully be average Betinia. I could be Tin — STOP IT. She's gone now.

"You ready?" Yaz snapped her fingers in front of my face, bringing me back to reality.

A full fake smile formed on my glossed lips. "Yup."

We made it out of her room, slamming the door behind us and walked down the hall, heels clicking on the floors. A clammy warmth scooted throughout the air, pressing against my naked parts as an eerie dimness blanketed the empty spaces, a buzzing quietness drilling in my ears, making me alert.

Betinia...

I paused, heart dropping in my stomach. There was my name again, spoken in a voice that seemed oddly familiar. My body turned mid-step, searching for something that wasn't there.