95 | You Gotta Let Me Kill

Author Note

Author Note

Hey guys! Thank you so much for the 154k reads and in honor of hitting 1k followers, I'm uploading four chapters! Enjoy 🖤 I apologize for any errors. I had to edit these chapters on my phone instead of my computer!

♟♙♟

WAS I READY TO KILL THIS BITCH? Fuck yeah.

"Are you sure about this?" Rucker asked me as we lurked through the darkened halls, the only sound being our footsteps against the slick wooden floors.

I tightened my hand on the hunting knife in my hoodie pocket. "Yeah, I am." I already had everything set up. "Why you asking?"

He stared straight ahead of us, the sconce lighting casting shadows on his face. "No reason," he said, jaw clenching tight.

"Are you bitching out on me?" I asked, pausing outside the kitchen door. The pool room wasn't too far up, and Gmie and Demo were already there. We were so close, but my gut told me something was wrong with him.

And I couldn't do this without him. I needed his head in the game. Now.

He scratched his scalp and stopped. "No..."

"Rucker..." I was literally feet away from my delicious destiny, and he was bitching out on me.

"Fine! Everything's different," he said, tossing up his hands. "You've never killed anyone before."

"And how does that change anything?"

He clenched his fingers around the machete in his hand, biting his lip. "I don't know. It's just fucking weird now. I feel like I'm popping your cherry or something."

"Technically," I said with a shrug, "we are. And I couldn't be more excited! Come on, we said we were gonna run this game, remember?" 

"Yeah, but now I feel like I'm manipulating you in some way and that fucks with me."

I sighed, knowing time was ticking and soon Gmie and Demo would be leaving. This was my one shot, and I wouldn't let it pass me by. "How are you manipulating me? I brought the idea up to you."

"I know, but that's before I find out you've never killed anyone before — or if you did, you don't fucking remember. I don't know which is worse."

Definitely the second one, but I wouldn't tell him that.

"It feels like we're about to go fuck for the first time and you tell me you're a virgin. That fucking changes everything," he said, shaking his head. "Who wants to be someone's first?"

"Well, some guys get off on it — never mind," I said, cutting myself off. I really wasn't going to feed into that analogy. I closed my eyes, fingers digging into the grip of the knife. "Look, I really can't deal with this emotional shit right now. I just really want to kill them. That's it."