96 | Dumb Bitch & Jeepers Creepers

GMIE

GMIE. She was so fucking clueless. Her full attention was on the water, her mind never wandering as a sadistic predator invaded her space, waiting to destroy her innocent bubble and drain the essence from her body.

Arms sliding swiftly through the crisp water, she never once lost concentration as I tiptoed into the pool room. The lights were off, the only glow coming from the bluish water bouncing off the white walls. 

Shifting through my pocket and closing the doors quietly behind me, I took out a large baggy and emptied the contents in front of the entrance. Hundreds of clear thumbtacks, marbles, Legos and crushed, jagged glass littered the floor like corn in shit, creating a deadly trap. No escape for her. 

Husky shadows cloaked the perimeter of the room, and I blended in with them, becoming one as I moved along the wall.

Gmie came to the end of the pool, thunderous splashing reverberating when she kicked off the inner underwater wall, changing directions, mind still focused.

I shattered that focus with a simple movement — rubbing the sole of my sneaker against the slick floor, releasing a squeaky sound, telling her she wasn't alone.

Gmie squeaked and hopped upwards in the air a few feet like a startled kitty and crashed back down, body plunging deep below.

My teeth sank into my lip, trying to stop the laughter bubbling up my throat as Gmie broke the water surface, coughing and spluttering, beating her chest with her hand.

She then spun around, head slamming from left to right, looking for the maker of the noise. But no one was there with her. No one she could see anyway.

Vicious confusion formed on her soaked face, droplets dripping down her cheeks as she pulled off her cap, hair falling around her face. "Demo?" Her voice came out soft and small. "I told you we needed to stay together."

Silence.

"Demo stop playing a-around."

Nothing.

"D-demo?"

No response.

Then, her expression darkened, and it finally sunk in that Demo wasn't coming. Her only ally was gone, and she was all alone. And totally fucked. And all mine.

My tongue licked my teeth, a grin spreading my cheeks wide like a bloody rat smile. This must be how female praying mantis' felt right before they eat their mate — hopeful, horny and hungry.

Let's fuck with her a bit more. I clicked the tip of my knife on the tiled molding next to me three times, emitting a glassy beat.

Gmie flung the goggles from her eyes and looked toward the noise. "Who's there?" she asked, voice coming out stern, but her tone shaky.