81 | New Base & Fun Time

"THANK YOU, GUYS, FOR HELPING ME CLEAN UP," I said, scrubbing up the last bit of dried vomit off my floor

"THANK YOU, GUYS, FOR HELPING ME CLEAN UP," I said, scrubbing up the last bit of dried vomit off my floor. The scent of pine, lemon and disinfectant mingled in the air, cleansing out that familiar suffocating strawberry scent.

Using the back of my hand to wipe some sweat off my forehead, I tossed the dirty rag into the bucket of bleach water on the ground.

Rucker paced around my empty room, tossing a rag in my bucket. "I can't believe you've been sleeping in here. It's fucking depressing." He stared at me. "We can die at any moment and you don't even have a fucking bed."

After Sebastian and Rucker's brawl, Khan had to patch both of them up a bit. Mostly Sebastian. Rucker just had a few scratch marks and bite wounds. Sebastian had a black eye, bruised skin, a busted lip, a bleeding mouth, and two missing teeth.

The atmosphere was a bit awkward and tense as they were getting patched up, so I decided to go to my room, forgetting that it was trashed, dirty and reeked of recent death.

On top of that, in bright pink marker, someone wrote "you're next" with a bunch of large "X" symbols on my bathroom wall. I contributed the messy bathroom to Gmie and Demo since it was written after Layla died.

It looked like it was just written because it wasn't even dry yet. Gmie must've been angry with me again for beating her. Or she just wanted to fuck with me again because she hated me. Who knows with her.

Everyone offered to help me clean up and that's what we've been doing for the past couple hours. No one mentioned the family pictures on the walls. They just moved on and ignored it. I really couldn't ask for a better team.

I stretched my arms out, feeling a tenseness in my shoulders. "I don't feel comfortable requesting things, so I've just been getting by without it."

"Girl, you're missing out," Yaz said, putting the mop against the wall. "You can get whatever the hell you want. Literally anything. If they're offering, you better damn well take it. It's the least they can do after the shit they're putting us through."

"Think of it as a vacation," Sebastian said, closing a trash bag before scratching at the small band-aid on the bridge of his nose. "Where everything's free."

Yaz snorted. "Nothing's free. We pay with our privacy and lives."

"So, we're like celebrities," Rucker said before smiling. "My mama always said I was destinated for great things."

"I'd still rather be a normal person," Khan said, coming out of my bathroom with a broom.

"Me too," I muttered, even though something inside of me slightly disagreed.

Yaz put her hands on her hips and peered around my room. "We're gonna hook this room up. This can be our base."

"I thought Khan's room was," I said, looking around.