π–˜π–†π–‘π–›π–†π–™π–Žπ–”π–“ | π–π–Šπ–—π–’...

By kitkatgram

She was thought to be dead by her father and the whole world. They were all wrong. She wakes up from her slum... More

salvation
prologue
act 1. back from the dead
i. run, badger, run
ii. his little phoenix
iii. the descendants
iv. back to hogwarts
v. the courage to let go
vi. sir sorting hat
vii. the bloody quill
viii. a dallas choice
x. defense against umbridge
xi. ron the keeper
xii. reunited with rubeus
xiii. the day of the phoenix
xiv. tears of fawkes
xv. empty your mind
xvi. warmth in winter
xvii. the quibbler effect
xviii. the flight of the dumbledores
xix. seeing through illusions
xx. the prophecy of the heirs
act 2. pain from the memories
xxi. meet the dursleys
xxii. the old potioneer
xxiii. weasleys' wizard wheezes
xxiv. encounters
xxv. the welcoming feast
xxvi. potions masters
xxvii. ogden and the gaunts
xxviii. tryouts for teams
xxix. truths and secrets
xxx. albus and tom
xxxi. quidditch and gits
xxxii. hurting revelations
xxxiii. the slug club party
xxxiv. sacred blood
xxxv. the minister's plea
xxxvi. a tampered memory
xxxvii. poisoned mead
xxxviii. the payment of refusal
xxxix. a sneaky badger
xl. splitting the soul
xli. a boy's troubles
xlii. cave of curses
xliii. attack of the mark
xliv. the rage of the phoenix
xlv. goodbye, dumbledore
act 3. warmth from the heart
xlvi. the aftermath of the breakup
xlvii. 7 potters and a dumbledore
xlviii. persisting feelings
xlix. his final will
l. love lingers
li. a wrong landing
lii. captain wolf
liii. sir gellert
liv. fate now known
lv. onto the next journey
lvi. holding on
lvii. the deathly hallows
lviii. potterwatch
lix. captured and tortured
lx. the strong muggleborn
lxi. the risky robbery
lxii. the dumbledores' secrets
lxiii. the army's bravery
lxiv. snape's dismissal
lxv. the lost diadem
lxvi. the tragic fates
lxvii. harry the horcrux
lxviii. the fulfillment of the prophecies
lxix. choices and prices
lxx. an otter's grief
lxxi. farewell, hogwarts
lxxii. rise from the ashes
epilogue

ix. uncle aberforth

6.9K 322 98
By kitkatgram

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

When the clock struck midnight, Deanna muttered a good night to Umbridge and stood up to leave, her aching hand, bleeding so bad with the words Deanna knew would be etched forever on her skin, but finally, her week was over.

"Miss Dumbledore," said Umbridge suddenly. Deanna turned around with a raised eyebrow. Umbridge smiled and walked over to Deanna so that they were face to face and whispered in a low tone. "You know what you must do, right?"

"What... Professor?"

"You should not tell anyone how you've returned," said Umbridge dangerously. "In fact, you know to yourself you should not have returned at all. Right now, Dumbledore is treading dangerous waters with the Ministry because of you. If you hadn't returned, he wouldn't be stripped of all his titles that he worked so hard for. He's losing everything because of you."

Deanna's eyes kept their cool, but her heart rammed against her chest as she stared into Umbridge's eyes. Dumbledore was losing everything? All because of her? She knew how hard her father worked to get where he was right now, and she was causing all his problems?

"And you once loved a monster, Miss Dumbledore, and I think that is enough for me to tell what you are. You're a monster, Dumbledore. How could you have returned fifty years later, still the same age you are? It's because you're just as much as a monster as He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named was. You've loved a monster to the point that you became one yourself."

And Deanna felt her hands shaking, but she kept her voice as steady as she could. "Is that it, Professor? You better get ready then. This monster's resilient, and she's still glad she returned." Without waiting for Umbridge's response, Deanna turned around and left the office. She walked fast and kept her head down, thinking about what she just heard. Her father was losing everything all because of her. She didn't know it was because of her. She hated it. She hated that she was making him give up everything because of her. She knew how hard she worked for it, how he had to fight even the man he loved all for the greater good.

Stopping right in front of the portrait of fruits, Deanna started thinking. Was it even worth it to return? It seemed her return had more drawbacks than benefits. Her father was losing everything, Umbridge was at Hogwarts, Harry was getting more scars, Voldemort was gaining power... Maybe... Maybe, Umbridge was right. She really was a monster. She thought she had been doing good when all she was doing was hurting others.

But Deanna knew that she didn't become a monster because she loved Tom. It was because she had the darkness in her all along. And a thought hit her. Voldemort said she was the reason all this happened. What if she pushed him to act on his darkness? What if she was the one who was dark between the two of them after all? Deanna's stomach suddenly dropped. It was her fault. All her fault. She shouldn't have returned. She shouldn't be here right now.

"Wha-" Deanna jumped when someone tapped her on the shoulder. She looked around to see that it was Hermione.

"I've been calling you a few times now," said Hermione worriedly. "Are you alright, Deanna?"

"Yeah, 'course I am," said Deanna in an unconvincingly cheerful tone. Hermione stared at her for a few moments before reaching behind Deanna and tickling the pear.

"Come on," said Hermione, pulling Deanna into the kitchens.

"Good evening, Miss Deanna!" said the house elves before they looked at Hermione with apprehension.

"Good evening, oh right, this is Mione, my friend," said Deanna, smiling at all of them. "Is it fine if we talk here?"

"Yes, Miss," said a house elf named Dopey, and the house-elves all bowed before leaving Deanna and Hermione alone. Deanna led Hermione to the couch by the fire where she slept last week.

"They don't seem too fond of you," said Deanna amusedly. "Why?"

"Well," said Hermione, flustered. She told Deanna about S.P.E.W. and how she tried helping the rights of house-elves, but it seemed to make them angrier.

"Hermione," said Deanna slowly. "You may think that it's bad, but right now, what they need is kindness. Maybe sometime later, they would realize that they too need salary or pension, but all we can do for now is to save mistreated elves and show kindness to all of them."

Hermione felt better now, hearing Deanna's words. She smiled widely and nodded at the girl. "Thanks, Deanna." Then, she remembered why they were there in the first place. "Here, let me." She took out a vial of murtlap essence and dropped some on Deanna's hand. Though it hurt, Deanna did not make a sound and watched Hermione's face. Why was Hermione so kind to her when she was a monster? Why was she still here despite Deanna being one?

Hermione felt Deanna's stare on her and blushed as she wrapped the bandage around her hand. Why was she staring at Hermione like that? It made her feel as if Deanna was trying to study all of Hermione, and that made Hermione nervous. Her heart making the same sounds it did when Deanna kissed her forehead. She finally finished and looked at Deanna. "W-Why are you staring at me?"

"Why are you so kind to me?" Deanna blurted out. Hermione looked at her in confusion, not understanding why she was asking that so suddenly. Deanna didn't know why she was asking Hermione of all people, but it came out naturally. "Why are you so kind to me when I'm a monster?"

Hermione frowned at her. "Who told you that?"

"N-No one," said Deanna, looking down. "It's just... Did you know that Voldemort became Voldemort because of me?"

"W-What?" said Hermione, her eyes widening.

"Yeah," Deanna smiled bitterly at her reaction. Great. She expected this. They would all know now how she was the monster who created Voldemort. How she destroyed her father's hard work. Yeah, she should not have returned after all. Hermione frowned at how sad Deanna looked. She had always been cheerful even when she was having detentions with Umbridge. Just a few hours ago, she was happy that Harry was getting convinced on teaching Defense Against the Dark Arts. That meant something must have happened with Umbridge.

"Deanna," said Hermione, her voice shaking due to hatred for Umbridge. "What did that toad say to you?"

"Nothing," said Deanna quickly.

Hermione glared at her. "What. Did. She. Say?"

"It was nothing, Mione," said Deanna, not meeting her gaze. Hermione cupped her face and made her stare into Hermione's eyes.

"Tell me, Deanna," said Hermione gently. "Talk to me." Deanna wanted to say no, but the determination in Hermione's eyes was so much like her own. She knew if other people were in her position, she would be doing what Hermione was doing right now.

"She said I should not have returned, and I'm the reason why Pops is losing everything," mumbled Deanna. "She said I'm a monster, and she's right."

Hermione shook her head. "She's not," she said firmly. "She's not right. You didn't create V-Voldemort. Voldemort made his own choices being who he was. That wretched Ministry is the reason why Dumbledore is losing everything, not you." She took Deanna's scarred hand and gave it a soft and lingering kiss. "You're not a monster, Deanna, and your return is everything. To Dumbledore, to our friends, to me. We're glad you're here, Deanna."

Deanna teared up and chuckled shakily. "Godric's mushrooms, Hermione, you just have a way of making me tell you stuff, eh?"

Hermione smiled and wrapped her arms around Deanna, her heartbeat suddenly speeding up. "I told you, Deanna, I'll be here for you. That's a promise." Deanna smiled and hugged Hermione back. That promise would be something Deanna would hold onto until her last breath. Hermione's breath hitched when Deanna leaned her head on her shoulder. She just hoped that Deanna wouldn't hear the pounding of her heart that only came when she was with her.

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

"Deanna," said two voices behind her. Deanna smiled when she saw they were Fred and George, wearing Quidditch gear.

"Fred, George," said Deanna happily. "What brings you here?"

"Well, Miss Dumbledore," said Fred. "We've heard from our ickle Prefect that you are a Beater."

"We too play Beaters," said George. "So what do you say? Do you want to play with us?"

"I'd love to," said Deanna, grinning, and the three of them started on their way to the pitch. "You two are Beaters? Thaddeus and Ignatius were Chasers."

"You played with our grandfather and granduncle?" said Fred.

"Well, during matches, against them, but when we had free time, we would play together. Sometimes, I'd play Keeper against them or play Chaser with them. I just realized, do you have an extra broom?"

"Yeah, we borrowed Harry's Firebolt for you," said Fred. "Aha, there it is." The three of them walked onto the pitch, and Deanna gasped in amazement at the Firebolt.

"Helga! This is a fine broomstick indeed. Mine was an Oakshaft 79, but this is amazing, it is." The Weasley twins chuckled at the twinkle in her eyes before mounting their brooms.

"Would you like to play Beater, Deanna?" said George.

"Any position's fine with me, George," said Deanna.

"Really?" said Fred. "How about Seeker then?"

"That's fine," said Deanna, mounting the Firebolt. She watched Fred count to three before they let the Snitch and the Bludgers fly and they themselves kicked off from the ground with Deanna. She immediately grinned at the feeling of air hitting her skin. Amazing... it was a sensation she missed dearly, and something that made her feel closer to her old life. She zoomed around with Fred and George by her side, defending her from the Bludgers as she looked around for the Snitch. It felt like the old times with the Prewett twins.

Finally catching sight of the Snitch, she zoomed and flew down with her hand outstretched. The Snitch was there, just a few inches from her fingers, and Deanna willed the broomstick to go forward and her fingers hovered over the golden ball. One more inch. She jumped off the broom and caught the Snitch. She heard Fred and George's shouts of concern as she smirked and held her hand out and brought herself back onto the broom.

"That was amazing, Deanna," said George, laughing as they all flew down.

"You should be on our team, Dumbledore!" said Fred, grinning at her.

"Thanks, Thaddeus, Ignatius," The words had slipped out of her mouth and she realized too late what she said. She looked down. "I'm sorry, Fred, George."

"It's fine, Deanna," said Fred softly. "We know we remind you so much of them."

"And we may not be them," said George. "We'll be here for you like they were for you –" He was cut off as Deanna suddenly pulled them into a tight hug. Fred and George exchanged confused glances before they hugged the girl and chuckled. Pulling away, Deanna smiled softly at them. Ignatius and Thaddeus would be happy up there to see her being friends with their descendants.

"So," smirked Deanna. "I think you two would like to hear about a plan of mine." The twins smirked back with the same mischievous glint in her eyes.

"Gladly."

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

It seemed that Harry had finally agreed about teaching Defense Against the Dark Arts. They would be meeting at Hog's Head on the first Hogsmeade weekend. Deanna did not tell her father about their plans though she had a slight suspicion that he might already know. After all, her father was a clever man, and he always knew when Deanna was lying.

"I'll get going now, Pops," said Deanna. "Fred and George are waiting for me."

"Take care, phoenix," said Dumbledore, kissing the top of her head. "I love you."

"Love you too, Pops," Deanna shouted as she went out the door.

Dumbledore chuckled before he looked out the window. "I wonder..."

"Fred! George!" said Deanna, running to them and a dark-skinned boy. "Hello there, I'm Deanna Dumbledore."

"Lee Jordan," said Lee, shaking her hand. "Pleased to meet you, Deanna."

"And I, Lee," giggled Deanna.

"Deanna," said George. "If you don't mind, we told Lee about the plan."

"It's no problem," said Deanna. "Any friend of yours is a friend of mine" And Lee grinned at the girl before the four of them started brainstorming for their plan. As they arrived at Hogsmeade, Deanna was amazed at all the different changes around. Fred, George and Lee showed her around. Deanna bought some Lemon Drops for her Pops and some Chocoballs for her. They went to Zonko's next, and they laughed hard at the different ideas they came up with for the products.

"Hey, Deanna," said Fred as they went out of Zonko's. Deanna hummed to tell them she was listening.

"Fred and I were thinking," said George. "We want to build a joke shop, Deanna... What do you think?" They stopped and stared at each other for a few moments. Fred, George and Lee looked at each other nervously, thinking if she didn't like the idea.

Deanna finally smiled. "It's brilliant, you two."

"You made us worried there, Deanna," chuckled Lee.

"I just remembered something," said Deanna with a shake of her head. "You better tell me about your ideas." And the trio of pranksters then told her all about their inventions. The Skiving Snackboxes, the Canary Creams and so much more. Deanna smiled all while listening. She remembered her own group of friends back then. They weren't as intense as the Weasley Twins, but they still had their own share of fun.

Finally, they arrived at Hog's Head. She waved at Harry, Ron and Hermione who were at the front as Fred went over to the bar.

"Hi," said Fred, reaching the bar first and counting his companions quickly. "Could we have... twenty-six butterbeers, please?" If Deanna turned around at that moment, she would have seen another person she had missed dearly, but she was busy talking to George and Lee to see Aberforth Dumbledore.

"Cheers," said Fred, handing out the butterbeers. "Cough up, everyone, I haven't got enough gold for all of these..." Deanna handed him her own galleons as she sipped on her butterbeer. Aberforth had turned around and continued wiping his dirty mugs with his equally dirty rag. When everybody had sat down and gotten their butterbeers, the chatter died out. Every eye was upon Harry.

"Er," said Hermione in a high-pitched voice. "Well — er — hi." All of them turned to her instead though some people still glanced at Harry.

"Well... erm... well, you know why you're here. Erm... well, Harry here had the idea — I mean" — Harry had thrown her a sharp look — "I had the idea — that it might be good if people who wanted to study Defense Against the Dark Arts — and I mean, really study it, you know, not the rubbish that Umbridge is doing with us" — (Hermione's voice became suddenly much stronger and more confident) — "because nobody could call that Defense Against the Dark Arts" —

"Hear, hear," said Anthony Goldstein, a Ravenclaw.

Hermione looked heartened — "well, I thought it would be good if we, well, took matters into our own hands." She paused, looked sideways at Harry, and went on, "And by that I mean learning how to defend ourselves properly, not just theory but the real spells —"

"You want to pass your Defense Against the Dark Arts O.W.L. too though, I bet?" said Michael Corner, another Ravenclaw, who was sitting beside Ginny.

"Of course I do," said Hermione at once. "But I want more than that, I want to be properly trained in Defense because... because..." She took a great breath and finished, "Because Lord Voldemort's back." Deanna rolled her eyes at the reactions of the students. There were shudders, yelps, shrieks and gasps, but all of them were looking at Harry only.

"Well... that's the plan anyway," said Hermione. "If you want to join us, we need to decide how we're going to —"

"Where's the proof You-Know-Who's back?" said Zacharias Smith in a rather aggressive voice.

"Well, Dumbledore believes it —" Hermione began.

"You mean, Dumbledore believes him," said Zacharias, nodding at Harry.

"Who are you?" said Ron rather rudely.

"Zacharias Smith, and I think we've got the right to know exactly what makes him say You-Know-Who's back."

"Look," said Hermione swiftly, "that's really not what this meeting was supposed to be about —"

"Zacharias," said Deanna in a calm tone, but her eyes were flashing. Aberforth stopped wiping the dirty mug and looked back, but the girl who was speaking had her back turned on him. He shook his head, thinking it was just a coincidence. After all, his niece was dead. Zacharias Smith looked away from the girl and back at Harry.

"It's okay, Hermione, Dee," said Harry. "What makes me say You-Know-Who's back? I saw him. But Dumbledore told the whole school what happened last year, and if you didn't believe him, you don't believe me, and I'm not wasting an afternoon trying to convince anyone."

Zacharias said dismissively, "All Dumbledore told us last year was that Cedric Diggory got killed by You-Know-Who and that you brought his body back to Hogwarts. He didn't give us details, he didn't tell us exactly how he got murdered, I think we'd all like to know —"

"Zacharias," said Deanna, her voice now dangerous, and all of them looking at her with fear and curiosity. "Are you suggesting that the Headmaster is lying?"

"N-No, Deanna, —"

"You're here to listen to plans on learning defense, not what it feels like to see Voldemort murder someone." And Zacharias Smith looked away in shame. Deanna looked at all of them. "If that's what you all are here for, then why don't you just go? They're trying to help and you come here with rudeness." It was silent as they all looked away from Deanna, her piercing gaze was just like her father's. It was as if she could read all their thoughts and feelings with those eyes of hers, but she smiled slightly when none of them left.

"So," said Hermione, her voice very high-pitched again. "So... like I was saying... if you want to learn some defense, then we need to work out how we're going to do it, how often we're going to meet, and where we're going to —"

"Is it true," interrupted Susan, looking at Harry, "that you can produce a Patronus?" There was a murmur of interest around the group at this.

"Yeah," said Harry slightly defensively.

"Corporeal Patronuses?"

"You don't know Madam Bones, do you?"

"She's my auntie. I'm Susan Bones. She told me about your hearing. So — is it really true? Harry, you make a stag Patronus?"

"Yes," said Harry.

"Blimey, Harry!" said Lee, looking deeply impressed. "I never knew that!"

"Mum told Ron not to spread it around," said Fred, grinning at Harry. "She said you got enough attention as it was."

"She's not wrong," mumbled Harry and Deanna chuckled with the others. The tension that settled in since she talked had flown out the window.

"And did you kill a basilisk with that sword in Dumbledore's office?" demanded Terry Boot. "That's what one of the portraits on the wall told me when I was in there last year..."

"Yeah, I did."

"And in our first year," said Neville to the group at large, "he saved that Sorcerous Stone —"

"Sorcerer's," hissed Hermione.

"Yes, that, from You-Know-Who," finished Neville.

"And that's not to mention," said Cho, smiling directly at Harry, "all the tasks he had to get through in the Triwizard Tournament last year — getting past dragons and merpeople and acromantulas and things..." There was a murmur of impressed agreement around the table. Deanna smiled slightly at the fact that they were now more eager to listen.

"Look," Harry said and everyone fell silent at once, "I... I don't want to sound like I'm trying to be modest or anything, but... I had a lot of help with all that stuff..."

"Not with the dragons, you didn't," said Michael Corner at once. "That was a seriously cool bit of flying..."

"Yeah, well —" said Harry.

"And nobody helped you get rid of those dementors this summer," said Susan.

"No," said Harry, "no, okay, I know I did bits of it without help, but the point I'm trying to make is —"

"Are you trying to weasel out of showing us any of this stuff?" said Zacharias Smith.

"Here's an idea," said Ron loudly, before Deanna could speak, "why don't you shut your mouth?"

Zacharias flushed. "Well, we've all turned up to learn from him, and now he's telling us he can't really do any of it," he said.

"That's not what he said," snarled Fred.

"Would you like us to clean out your ears for you?" inquired George, pulling the long instrument from inside the Zonko's bag.

"Or any part of your body, really, we're not fussy where we stick this," said Fred. Zacharias glanced at Deanna, asking for help with his eyes.

"I think the arse's arse would be fine," said Deanna. Zacharias flushed even more while Fred, George and Lee laughed loudly with some others.

"Yes, well," said Hermione, controlling her laughter, "moving on... the point is, are we agreed we want to take lessons from Harry?" Everyone murmured in agreement. Zacharias folded his arms and said nothing, looking warily at the instrument in George's hand.

"Right," said Hermione in relief. "Well, then, the next question is how often we do it. I really don't think there's any point in meeting less than once a week —"

"Hang on," said Angelina, "we need to make sure this doesn't clash with our Quidditch practice."

"No," said Cho, "nor with ours."

"Nor ours," added Zacharias.

"I'm sure we can find a night that suits everyone," said Hermione, slightly impatiently, "but you know, this is rather important, we're talking about learning to defend ourselves against V-Voldemort's Death Eaters —"

"Well said!" barked Ernie. "Personally I think this is really important, possibly more important than anything else we'll do this year, even with our O.W.L.s coming up! I, personally, am at a loss to see why the Ministry has foisted such a useless teacher upon us at this critical period. Obviously they are in denial about the return of You-Know-Who, but to give us a teacher who is trying to actively prevent us from using defensive spells —"

"We think the reason Umbridge doesn't want us trained in Defense Against the Dark Arts," said Hermione, "is that she's got some... some mad idea that Dumbledore could use the students in the school as a kind of private army. She thinks he'd mobilize us against the Ministry." Deanna just rolled her eyes at that. If her father had an army, it would be against Voldemort. Not the Ministry.

"Well, that makes sense. After all, Cornelius Fudge has got his own private army," said Luna Lovegood. Deanna leaned forward, curious about what she had to say.

"What?" said Harry.

"Yes, he's got an army of heliopaths," said Luna solemnly.

"No, he hasn't," snapped Hermione.

"What are heliopaths?" asked Neville, looking blank.

"They're spirits of fire," said Luna, her eyes widening. "Great tall flaming creatures that gallop across the ground burning everything in front of —"

"They don't exist, Neville," said Hermione tartly. Deanna couldn't help but smile at the rage on Hermione's face. Hermione was a person who relied more on logic than superstitions and the like. Seeing her fight with Luna Lovegood was quite an amazing sight to see. It was like she met her match.

"Oh yes they do!" said Luna angrily.

"I'm sorry, but where's the proof of that?" snapped Hermione.

"There are plenty of eyewitness accounts, just because you're so narrow-minded you need to have everything shoved under your nose before you —"

"Hem, hem," said Ginny in such a good imitation of Professor Umbridge that made Deanna smile. "Weren't we trying to decide how often we're going to meet and get Defense lessons?"

"Yes," said Hermione at once, "yes, we were, you're right..."

"Well, once a week sounds cool," said Lee.

"As long as —" began Angelina.

"Yes, yes, we know about the Quidditch," said Hermione in a tense voice. "Well, the other thing to decide is where we're going to meet..." Deanna started thinking while the others discussed. There was a room she had went to before with... Tom, but she couldn't quite recall where it was.

"Right, well, we'll try to find somewhere," said Hermione. "We'll send a message round to everybody when we've got a time and a place for the first meeting. I-I think everybody should write their name down, just so we know who was here. But I also think that we all ought to agree not to shout about what we're doing. So if you sign, you're agreeing not to tell Umbridge — or anybody else — what we're up to." Fred reached out for the parchment and cheerfully put down his signature while Deanna, George and Lee did the same immediately.

"Er..." said Zacharias slowly. "Well... I'm sure Ernie will tell me when the meeting is." But Ernie was looking rather hesitant about signing too. Hermione raised her eyebrows at him.

"I — well, we are prefects," Ernie burst out. "And if this list was found... well, I mean to say... you said yourself, if Umbridge finds out..."

"Ernie," said Deanna in a gentler tone than she had with Zacharias. "I'm sure Hermione would keep it safe. We need this group." Ernie's face softened and he took the paper and signed as well with a smile at Deanna. Hermione smiled widely at the Dumbledore, who winked back at her. Hermione's cheeks flushed again, but Deanna didn't see it because she turned around at that moment, and her eyes widened when she saw the man behind the counter. It was her uncle. Aberforth Dumbledore. Aberforth wasn't looking at her though. He was busy washing the dirty mugs. He may have grown older, but Deanna would know her uncle's face anywhere.

"Well, time's ticking on," said Fred briskly, getting to his feet. "George, Lee, and I have got items of a sensitive nature to purchase, we'll be seeing you all later. You're coming, Deanna?"

"N-No," said Deanna. "You go on." She stood up and walked over to the bar as the rest of the group left. Lingering at the door, Hermione stared at Deanna, wondering what she was doing before she realized it was none of her business and she too left with Harry and Ron.

"U-Uncle Ab?" said Deanna meekly. Aberforth turned around and he dropped the mug he had been washing.

"D-Deanna?" he said, his eyes filling with tears. He went around the counter and pulled Deanna into a tight hug. Deanna let a few tears fall as she hugged her uncle back. She missed him. The last time she saw Aberforth, they fought because he didn't approve of her relationship with Tom.

"I'm so sorry, Ari," said Aberforth, kissing the top of her head. "I'm so so sorry."

"You have nothing to apologize for," said Deanna, wiping away his tears and smiling weakly. "I'm back for good."

As Aberforth made Deanna a glass of chocolate milk, the two of them sat down and told each other about everything that happened during their time apart. Deanna frowned when she heard that he and Dumbledore were not talking much anymore. They had grown apart more when Deanna had disappeared, but Aberforth quickly dismissed the topic and said they were still talking anyways.

Aberforth was furious when he heard of what Voldemort had done to his niece. He took away the last light in his life, and Aberforth knew that if ever he crossed paths with Voldemort, he would make sure he would pay for taking Deanna away from them for fifty years.

"I'm so glad you're back, Ari," said Aberforth, stroking Deanna's hair. "I missed you so much."

"I'm glad I am, Uncle," said Deanna, softly smiling at him. "I missed you too."

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

198 30 22
We all perfectly know the magic story about the "boy who lived". We all love this magical world and its unique characters. We all rejoiced at their v...
605K 20.4K 89
❝ you're like a mystery just waiting to be solved. ❞ in which 𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐠𝐨 π₯𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐭𝐭 holds more...
6.6K 268 94
After being betrayed by the people she thought she could trust, Raya Black is left alone to raise her son, while her husband Sirius, is in Azkaban. O...
15.9K 518 20
When Janet Lupin travels back in time to prevent the effects of the Wizarding war in the future, saving the countless lives the war has taken and try...