BECOMING HUMAN

KawaiiExpertise

Aurora has been an orphan her entire life with no clue of who she really is and where she came from. Aurora h... Еще

CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44 (ANNOUNCEMENTS AT THE END!)
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 48
CHAPTER 49
CHAPTER 50
CHAPTER 51
CHAPTER 53
CHAPTER 54
CHAPTER 55
CHAPTER 56
CHAPTER 57
CHAPTER 58
CHAPTER 59

CHAPTER 52

31 2 1
KawaiiExpertise

Arriving at the agency, Aurora looked at the card Allen had given her prior to her arrival.

"I really hope that this is the right place..."

Entering in, Aurora went straight to the elevator and pressed a button to go to the modeling floor.

Allen had given her instructions on how to get to his office. Once she got there, Aurora knocked and was immediately invited in.

The girl peered in slowly, still unsure if whether or not making a hasty decision to suddenly model was a good idea.

"Ah, Ms. Aurora. I'm glad to see you again in person."

"Yeah..." The tomboy smiled shyly.

Allen went around his desk and pulled the chair. "Please, take a seat."

Aurora nodded and took her seat as Allen went back to sit down. "So, I'm guessing you've thought over my proposal?"

"Yeah...actually," Aurora began. "I thought that I've been home every day and I never get to do anything else...so it's about time I branch out and get out of my comfort zone. I want to meet new people, actually make friends for once in my life and also make a name for myself.

Mr. DeChart smiled happily in agreement. "I'm glad that you're starting to see your potential, Ms. Aurora."

"Oh, please. You can just call me Aurora, honestly."

"Okay, Aurora." Allen smiled.

Hearing that deep and mellow voice of his breathe her name made chills go up the girl's spine.

"I'm glad that you had called me. The auditions were about to be finalized in a couple of days."

"Really?"

"Yes. I had auditions posted and a lot of girls—and a few guys—were truly interested. I've learned that many of them had been trying to get in for months, but, of course, I only accept the best of the best."

Aurora laughed shyly. "That's why I wonder sometimes, why did you find me suitable for your establishment?"

"What do you mean?"

"I already gave you a background of my life and such, but you still said I'd be worthy of being given a shot."

"Well," Sitting back in his seat, Allen tapped his pen on the desk. "I've worked long enough in this industry to know that a lot of potential women out there aren't given a chance to show what they're capable of. And that's mainly due to the lack of audience that is given to such ones. Horrible advertising included, along with crappy algorithms making it difficult for newbies to get into the spotlight. Every chance I get, when I speak to an individual, I'm already interviewing them without them knowing."

Aurora then had an epiphany. So that's why he was asking me so many questions about myself!

"When I see that the person that I am speaking to qualifies for my work, I offer them an opportunity, such as yourself. It doesn't just come on a whim, Aurora. I believe that God is telling you to join me and my people in this amazing environment. Everything that you can ask for, is right here."

Aurora was amazed how such an opportunity was truly being given to her. "Well...when do I audition?"

"How about today?"

"T-Today?!" The tomboy stammered.

"My team of photographers and makeup designers along with the co-directors are setting up stage for today's photo shoot. I can have them dress you up to look the par and then have you put in front of the camera."

Aurora twitched. "I-Isn't that so soon?"

"I don't think it's too soon. The sooner, the better! First impressions count, and being that I'm going to have a whole list of auditions coming, it'd be best to have you go first so that you can have a head start."

"Right, I see..."

"Let me ring up one of my assistants to come and get you."

"Okay." Sitting back in her seat, Aurora glanced around Mr. DeChart's office. He had a number of awards displayed in his shelves and many certificates placed on the wall.

"Ms. Dove will be arriving in a moment. If you'd like, you can wait here, or have her take you to the kitchen to get some food, if you haven't eaten already."

The tomboy held her stomach. "I actually skipped breakfast this morning...I shouldn't have."

"I'm surprised that you didn't come with your android."

Aurora winced at the thought of Jungkook. "Yeah, well, I wanted to get here earlier than he usually leaves. Just so that I can have my independence and such."

"There's nothing wrong with that."

Seeing his door open, Allen invited Aurora to join his assistant.

"Ms. Dove, please take this young lady to the kitchen to get a meal before she is dressed. Make sure she gets something hearty and enjoyable."

"Yes, sir."

Aurora followed Ms. Dove down the hallway to the kitchen area. The turns they took felt similar to the tour Mr. DeChart had taken her and Jungkook.

Once they were there, the lady offered the tomboy a few good selections to choose from.

Unsure, Aurora hesitantly pointed at the salad bowl.

Ms. Dove handed it to her along with a fork. "Would you like some dressing?"

Aurora sat at the island and hurried to eat. "No, it's fine. I'll just eat it like this."

"You don't have to rush, Ms. Aurora. Allen told me to give you enough time to settle and get comfortable."

"Please, just call me Aurora. And to be honest, I'm really nervous about being up on stage. I don't like having eyes on me or people staring at me for too long. It makes my body feel as though they want to fight me or something."

"Well, that's a bit peculiar," Ms. Dove smiled. "That you have a fear of receiving attention, yet you chose a field that would require the attention being on you?"

"It's not like I wanted to," Aurora explained. "I really didn't want to model. I don't think I qualify at all. But Mr. DeChart insisted that he met me, and that I give modeling a chance. I don't see what he sees in me, but I've been stressing out for a while now. I guess it's about time I try something new to keep my mind busy."

"There's nothing wrong with that," Ms. Dove replied assuring. "Many of DeChart's other models had felt the same way at some point. But being here for a while, it helped them boost their confidence and self-image. You should speak to some of them. I'm sure they'd be happy to get well acquainted with you."

"...right." Aurora nodded doubtfully.

Tossing her tray in the trash, the tomboy followed the woman to where the set was being built. "Here, you will see other models and photographers at work. Before the models go up on stage, though, they need to wear the attire appropriate for the shoot, and also have their makeup done."

"S-So I'm really going to be wearing makeup?"

"Yes, you will be." Ms. Dove clarified.

"Wow..." Aurora mumbled. "...this will be the first time I've ever had products put on my face."

"Is that so?" The lady beamed. "Then, you will definitely love this part! Follow me!"

Aurora didn't see why her being inexperienced with makeup made Ms. Dove excited. But she heeded her call in following closely.

Taking the girl into the makeup room, some of the designers turned their heads to see who was entering. "Who is that, Amy?"

"This is one of Mr. DeChart's newest interns—Aurora." Ms. Dove stepped aside to let everyone see the tomboy more clearly. "Please have her makeup done for the current photo shoot under progress. Allen will be looking forward to seeing how she does on set and see where to place her."

"Come over here, darling." Jesse tapped the chair at his booth. "Chop, chop!"

Startled, Aurora hurried and sat in front of him. Jesse turned the chair to see the girl's face in the mirror. "My, a pretty girl, you are! And makeup will make your features stand out even more!"

"You really think so?" Aurora asked curiously.

"You'll see." Taking his utensils in hand, Jesse began working on the girl.

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

5K 184 20
Abandoned at seven, twelve year-old Y/n has tried numerous times to escape the cruel orphanage. Every time she tried, she got dragged back. The orpha...
605 45 34
One lie leads to a spiral of secrets... Yuri was always seen as the perfect daughter, perfect sister, perfect girlfriend; she was perfect in every wa...
356K 23.7K 49
Min Yoongi is the perfect 19 year old son. Raised with an overly religious family, he is planned to follow his father's wishes by becoming a priest...
Dystopia |Jikook|🎀 𝐌𝐬.𝐃𝐎𝐍𝐔𝐓

Детектив / Триллер

38K 3.4K 35
Park Jimin is broke. Being a 24 year old law university graduate, he is jobless and is living in a old apartment. Broke to the point, where he doesn...