Damirae One Shots

FandomPride101 tarafından

This are just short stories of missions and time that Raven Roth and Damian Wayne spend together. Some of th... Daha Fazla

Meeting The President
$3000 and I'm Sorry
Wayne Galla Part 2
Author's Note
Saving The World
Press Conference
Girls Gone Wild
Be Alright
Dinner With The Bats
Be Alright PT2
Titan Halloween
Girls Night PT 2
Prince of Night
Jealousy And Corn Dogs
The Internship
The Internship P2
Gotham Academy
Gotham Academy P2
Gotham Academy P3
Gotham Academy Pt 4
Gotham Academy #5
Turkey Hunt
Christmas Time
New Years Day
Enchanted Castle Pt 1
Enchanted Castle Pt 2
Enchanted Castle Pt 3
Enchated Castle Pt 4
Enchanted Castle Pt 5
Enchanted Castle Pt 6
Enchanted Castle Pt 7
Enchanted Castle Pt 8
Enchanted Castle Pt 9
Author's Note
Another Author's Note
Falling In Love At School
Coming Home ;)
Beach Day
Author's Note
Spero PT 1
SPERO PT 2
SPERO PT 3
SPERO PT 4
Mates
Mates PT 2
Mates PT 3
Mates Part 4
Mates Part 5
Mates Part 6
Mates Part 7
Mate's Part 8
Scotch
Scotch Pt 2
Scotch Pt 3
Halloween 2.0
Childhood Love PT 1
Childhood Love PT 2
Perverts
Author's Note:
The Baby Is Coming
Thanksgiving 2021
Friendly Competition (Not A Story)
After School Activities
The Club / New Job
Home At Last
Song Bird
Song Bird PT 2
What Happens By The Pool, Stays By The Pool
I Hear Wedding Bells (and Alcohol)
Catwoman and Raven
A Misunderstanding PT 1
A Misunderstanding PT 2
Mafia
Mafia Part 2
Mafia PT 3
Thanksgiving 2.0
School Pt. 1
Cheater
Fights and Forgiveness
What I'm Thankful For
Christmas Presents
At The Office

Wayne Galla

4.7K 76 37
FandomPride101 tarafından

Raven's POV:

Sitting in a chair, reading my new book The Princess Bride, I was sipping tea in the living room of the Titan Tower. Lucky for me Titus was sitting on my lap. I was petting him while reading.

Titus's head raised, making me look up.

"Raven, oh am I happy to see you." Kori came over and sat at the other end of the couch.

"Kori." I set my book down and looked at her.

"We have exciting news!" She beamed. "Bruce Wayne has just invited us all to the famous Wayne Gala!"

"A Gala?"

"Yes. Dick just brought the invitation." Kori handed me a letter. I didn't need to look at it.

"Kori, I am not much of a "Gala" person." I hand her back the letter.

"It is not a negotiation. It is another mandatory event, Raven." She handed me back the letter. "Raven, you and I are the only girls. We need to get our dresses!"

I groan. "Kori I am not one for fancy dresses and whatnot."

"Nonsense." She grabbed my hand, pulling me off the couch. Titus stirred and looked at me with his head tilted. "Come now. The ball is in one week."

"Are we going shopping now?" I said as she pulled me out of the room and down the hall.

"What a wonderful idea." She pulled me down to the Titan garage and into a car. "I know of this place that sells beautiful dresses."

"And what about patrol?" I had to be on patrol in twenty minutes.

"Dick has taken your shift." She said as we pulled out of the garage. "I believe you had shifted with Damian, no?"

"Yes," I said, slightly embarrassed. Why was I embarrassed? It was only patrolled.

"Then Dick will inform Damian of the change when they meet for patrol," Kori said, pulling out of the driveway.

It was a fifteen-minute drive to wherever Kori was taking me. I sat silently in the car, listening to her go on about what we all needed.

"Oh, and we have to make sure we get makeup." She said as she parked. "Dick said that the night before we will be set up in rooms, and that day we will get ready."

"The whole day just to get ready?" I got out of the car. "Doesn't that seem a little much?"

"The Gala starts at one in the afternoon and lasts almost the whole day." She smiled and locked the car. "So, we have to get up and get our hair and makeup done and then get dressed."

"That just seems a little excessive." I shrug and follow her into a store.

Right when I walked in, we were surrounded by dresses. They were all different colors. They were so bright and so... unlike me.

I sighed and looked at Kori. She smiled and walked over to a rack of dresses, already looking over some choices. I went over beside her and started to look at some of them.

"Hello, welcome to Barnes. Is this your first-time shopping here?" A lady walked up to us.

"Oh yes, my friend and I are looking for nice dresses for a Gala." Kori smiled at her.

"Oh, how wonderful." She stepped closer. Turning to Kori she looked right at her. "I think I have the perfect dress for you."

Kori followed the lady over to another rack as the lady pulled out a pink dress. Kori smiled so bright that it was hard to look at her in that state.

"This is just stunning!" Kori grabbed the dress and turned to me. "Rachel, I am going to try this on. Go look for a dress for yourself."

The same lady from before came over to me. "I can see that you're not a bright-colored person like your friend." She smiled at me.

I nodded.

"Well, I might just have something for you." She started walking to the back of the store. I followed her. "I just got this dress in, and it is absolutely stunning."

She gestured to me to follow her into the way back of the store. I walked into the doors and followed her farther back.

She stopped short and moved to the side so I could see the dress. It was a stunning sleeveless dress that was a dark blue that almost looked black. There were silver accents on the top, and the dress had a sheer fabric with a shimmer to it.

It was stunning.

"It was a mistake. We ordered it in pearl color, but it came in gorgeous dark blue. But because we didn't order it, well it's half off." She smiled. "So, how about we go try it on?"

I nodded as she grabbed the dress and brought me to the dressing room. She handed me the dress and left me to chang. Putting on the dress felt like sin itself. It was a soft material that was light. It had a slit in the leg that revealed my leg, but I didn't mind.

When I had the dress on, I looked at myself in the mirror. It fit me perfectly and made me feel confident. I stepped out just as Kori did.

"Oh, my goodness." She looked at me over. "You're ...stunning." She said, making me blush. "That dress is so you."

"You think?" I looked down. "And your dress is amazing."

"You think?" She twirled with a bright smile on her face.

"Yes."

"Then It seems like we don't need to try on any more dresses. We have found ours." She smiled at me.

"Yes." I nodded at her. I went back into my dressing room and looked at myself in the mirror. I didn't want to take the dress off. I am not the type of girl to wear dresses, but this was stunning.

When I got dressed into my normal clothes, I put the dress back on the hanger and made sure not to wrinkle it. I walked out and met a smiling Kori.

"Dick has given me a credit card to pay for these." She said as we walked to the counter.

"So did you like them?" The lady before asked us as she went behind the counter.

"Oh yes," Kori said while she put her dress on the counter.

"Yes," I answered the lady and put my dress on the counter.

"Well lucky for you both the dresses are both on sale." She said as she scanned the tags.

"Wonderful." Kori handed over the credit card. "These are going to be perfect for the Gala!"

"Well, enjoy." The lady handed over the dresses in nice bags. "Come back soon!"

We walked out with our dresses. Kori was grinning from ear to ear and I had a small smile on my face as well. I had to admit, today was much better than I had thought it would be.

"Well, next we need shoes and makeup!" Kori said as we got into the car.

After about two hours of shoe shopping and makeup tests, we finally had everything that we needed. I got simple shoes and makeup that made it look like I wasn't wearing any at all. I don't like to wear makeup.

My feet were killing me by the time we got into the car. Kori was still giddy with excitement, but I could tell she was getting tired as well.

It was a short ride home where Kori was complementing our outfits and accessories. She was so happy that I didn't mind hearing her all the way home.

When we got home, I grabbed my bags and brought them to my room. I put the dress in my closet so it would not get wrinkled. Then there was a knock on my door.

I went over to the door and opened it. "Damian?"

Damian walked into my room. "Where did you go? We had a patrol."

"Sorry, Kori took me shopping for the Gala. As you know I didn't have a choice." I sat on my bed and pulled out the shoes that I just bought. "Did something happen?" Damian was unreadable.

"No."

"Okay then, is there something you need?" I set the shoes on my bed.

"I was just wondering where you were." He leaned back on my desk. "I had a patrol with Dick."

"I bet that was fun," I said sarcastically.

"So much." Damian rolled his eyes.

"I am sorry I didn't warn you." I gave a small smile. "You know when Kori has an idea you just have to go with it."

Damian nodded.

We stared at each other in silence for a minute before Damian stood up straight and bowed his head at me. Then he left, closing the door behind him.

***Six days later***

Tomorrow was the Gala and everyone in the tower was packing for the event. The boys had gone out a few days ago and bought their tuxes. I was in my room, packing the last of my clothes. We had to pack for tonight, the Gala, and the day after.

"Are you almost ready?" Kori knocked on my door and came in.

"Almost," I said, walking over to my bathroom and grabbing the bag of makeup and my personal bathroom bag.

Kori watched as I got everything into my suitcase. When I was finished, I turned to Kori and levitated my bag off the bed. "Portal?" I asked.

She nodded.

I conjured up a portal to the car and we stepped through with our luggage. We beat most of the boy's downstairs and Kori lifted our luggage into the back of the car and waited for the others to come. Dick was driving a few of the boys and I was riding with Kori and Jaime.

"Let's get this party on the road!" Gar shouted as he pulled his luggage behind him. It must have been heavy because he was in gorilla form.

"Gar, you are riding with Dick," Kori told him. Gar brought his suitcase to Dick's car.

I am not sure where Dick is, because he is not out here currently. "Maybe he is getting something from inside." I thought. Just as I finished the thought, Jaime and Damian came out followed by Dick.

"Now that we have everyone, let's load into the cars," Dick said in a tone I couldn't quite read.

"You know it would be much faster if I took my bike," Damian grumbled to his brother.

"And it would also be faster if Raven teleported us all there, but that is not going to happen," Dick told Damian as he walked over to his car. "We were given instructions to drive."

Damian huffed as he put his bag in the car.

I went to the passenger seat, as Kori climbed into the driver's seat. We waited for Dick to go first because we planned on following him, but not even five seconds later Damian got out of the car and came to ours.

"May I travel in your car?" He asked Kori when her window was down. "I know the directions."

"Yes, you may." Kori moved and unlocked the door for Damian.

Jaime was already in the far back with a movie playing on his phone. He only nodded as Damian climbed into the car. I turned to look at Damian, but he was scowling out the window. I turned back to face the windshield.

"Damian, how is your training going?" Kori asked as she drove out of the driveway. "I have seen your improvement, but how do you feel you are doing?"

Kori means well and is trying to start a conversation, but I can sense that Damian is still in a foul mood. Just when I thought Damian wouldn't answer he mumbled.

"I could be better." I looked behind him, and he was looking at me. "Koriand'r, it's the next turn. On the left."

I turned back in my seat and watched as Kori took the turn as instructed. She didn't seem to notice Damian's mood or wasn't caring because she went on making conversation. "Dick tells me that you are quite good for your age. He fears that you will surpass him."

I turned to gauge Damian's reaction, only to see a small smirk growing on Damian's face. Damian has always claimed to be the best Robin but hearing this from the girl that is dating a past Robin probably made him feel superior.

"It's only a matter of time." Damian nodded.

"Rachel, how are you fairing with online school?" Kori turned her head to look at me and then back at the road.

"It's fine," I mumble. The truth was I hated it. I hated not being able to be in a classroom and hated always having to converse with a teacher over email.

"All 'A's?" Kori questioned.

"Yes." Even though I hated school, I was taught at a young age by the best demons, so the school did come rather easy to me. School was just one of those things the Justice League thought we needed, but I didn't really.

"That's good to hear." She smiled.

Then there was silence. It lasted for a long time, but I didn't have anything to say or add, so we just rode along in silence. I watched the landmarks we passed and counted the dead animals I saw along the way.

One thing I always hated about road trips is seeing the roadkill. Father would think I am weak for having sympathy towards the dead animals, but I couldn't help it. No matter the sins of the world, these animals were just trying to live their lives and were being killed by humans who did not slow for them.

"Rachel, what seems to be on your mind?" Kori asked, pulling me from my thoughts.

"Nothing." I lie. Kori would go into this story about how it was a way of life for the animals and how they were in a better place now, but I didn't want to hear it.

"Damian, are we getting close?" Jaime said, pulling himself away from his phone for a second.

"Twenty-four minutes and we will be there," Damian said, making me turn back and look at him.

"That is a very specific time frame," I said, trying to avoid Kori's worried looks towards me.

"I live there. I know how far away the manor is." Damian said like it was obvious.

"What are the plans when we get there, Damian?" Kori looked at him through the rearview mirror.

"You will be shown your rooms. Then we have about an hour to unpack, and we will all come together for supper at approximately seven o'clock." Damian said without thinking about it.

I nodded and looked out the window. Before us was a 'Welcome to Gotham' sign that was covered in graffiti. I had heard many things about Gotham and how it has a run-down area with a lot of crime. No wonder the bat family has resided in this town.

Time passed as we drove deeper into the heart of the city. There were skyscrapers and shiny buildings surrounding us, and it almost looked like the streets of Star City, except for the bat symbols that were painted on the street corners.

"What do they mean?" I turned to Damian.

"It means Batman will protect this area and not to mess around," Damian grumbled and looked out the window. He didn't seem happy to be back home. "The next right, Koriand'r, Damian instructed.

I watched out the window at the citizens that were walking with a purpose. I had seen this before when my father was a tyrant of hell. These people were afraid. It was sad. I could feel their fear. This whole town was engulfed in it.

"Jaime, Rachel, I don't think I need to remind you, but I will..." Kori started. "Be on your best behavior. We were asked to come as guests."

I nodded and Jaime mumbled a response. Damian said nothing, he only looked out at the buildings and the people. To my right, there was a huge building. It had the name Wayne on it. That must be the famous Wayne enterprise that funds the Titans.

It was a huge building, all black with shiny glass and big bold letters on it. Honestly, if there was ever a building that would scare you, this would be it. I gulped as we passed it.

It was only a few more minutes before we pulled out of the city and were in a long stretch of land that only had trees and grass on it. Kori explained that this was all part of the Wayne manor. It was hard to believe because the land stretched far, but soon enough there was a huge mansion in front of us.

When Kori pulled to a stop, Damian jumped out of the car and opened the back up before she could even pull the key. He grabbed his bag and went into the house. As soon as he stepped through the doors another older man stepped out.

I got out of the car and grabbed my bag from the pile as Kori grabbed hers. I levitated my luggage over to the man.

"Hello," I said, nodding to him.

"Hello, I am Alfred Pennyworth." He nodded to me. "Might I help you with your bag, Miss Roth?"

"Rachel, please. And I have got it but thank you." I said, showing him the levitating bag.

"Very well, Rachel." He nodded.

We waited for the others to come along, and slowly we all huddled around Alfred. "Master Bruce is on a call, but once he is done, he will address you all. For now, I will show you to your rooms."

We followed him into the house and up the stairs to the second floor. He showed everyone their rooms, one by one, and then when it came time for mine and Kori's room we went across the hall.

"Ladies, you will have the rooms on this side of the hall. Tomorrow when you are getting ready, food will be brought to you so you can get prepared." He nodded to a room. "This is your room Koriand'r."

Kori opened the door and walked in with her bags. I followed Alfred a few more steps down the hall and on the same side he showed me to the next room.

"I have been informed that you enjoy reading and gardens, Rachel." He opened the door for me and allowed me to step in. "If you were to go down at the end of the hall, to your right there is a library. And if you went down that same hall, to your left, the stairs will lead you down to our garden outside."

I set my bag on the bed. "Thank you, Alfred." I gave him a small smile. "I really appreciate the help."

He nodded and closed the door as he left. I unpacked all my clothes into the dresser and hung my dress up in the closet. There was a small bathroom and when I opened the door, I found that it was attached to Kori's room. She was already there putting her makeup on her side of the counter.

"What a pleasant room," She smiled when she saw me.

"Indeed." I nodded and set my bag on the counter.

"Once you are all unpacked, we can go downstairs and see if they need any help setting up for supper," Kori suggested.

Back at the tower, Kori would cook the food and I would set the table. I agreed and closed the bathroom door in my room to finish unpacking. I put away my shoes in the corner of the room and spun around to make sure everything looked immaculate.

When I finished, I left my room and knocked on Kori's door. She swung it open and let me in. "I am almost done, just a few more things."

Her room looked like a mess. Her dress was laid out on the bed and her shoes were scattered on the floor. It looked like she dumped her suitcase on the ground. She grabbed her phone and ushered me out of the room with her.

"Alfred might enjoy some help. Dick tells me he prepares all the meals alone." Kori said as we walked down the hall.

As we walked into the kitchen we were greeted by Alfred. He was humming and stirring a pot of something on the stove. "Ladies, is there something you needed?" He asked us.

"No, we are here to help you with dinner preparations." Kori walked over to the counter. "What might you need help with?"

"My, I don't usually have people offering to help me." Alfred's smile grew. "If you wanted to chop up the celery for me, that would be wonderful." He said to Kori.

I stepped closer to the two of them, just as Kori went around the corner and grabbed a knife for cutting. "Would you like me to set the table?"

"That would be great. The mats are in the drawer under the photo." Alfred gestured to a photo. It was a photo of two people. One with dark hair and one with blond. They looked happy. I went over to it and opened the drawers and pulled out the mats.

I set them at each place and once I was done, I found the dishes and silverware to go with. I grabbed glasses for each setting and put water in them. (At the tower, you must have one glass of water before you get any other drink).

Once I was done, I went over to the counter again. "Alfred, is there anything else?"

"Why, I only have the soup left?" He said as Kori brought over the celery she cut, and Alfred threw them in and stirred. "Now it's complete."

Kori stood back and smiled. The kitchen smelled just amazing, and the soup was already making me hungry. "Alfred, you have outdone yourself." Kori complemented.

"Yes." I agreed with her.

"Thank you, ladies. Now, I believe it is time to call the household down for supper. Please have a seat while I get everyone." Alfred left the room and Kori, and I took our seats at the table.

"What an elegant house," Kori said, looking around.

"Yes." I nodded.

Soon Gar came bolting into the room followed by Jaime. They sat across from us. Dick came in next and sat on the other side of Kori with a smile. Alfred was the next to come in and sit at one end of the table.

Damian came in and sat across from me. He nodded at me when he sat down, and I nodded back. Something was off though. I couldn't quite read him, but something was bothering him. He looked down at the place setting and didn't look up.

"Hello." A deep voice greeted us.

I turned away from Damian to a man who sat down at the end of the table. He looked like Damian, but he wasn't. This was Bruce Wayne. I had seen him so many times on the screen, but never without the mask on.

"Hello." Kori greeted me in a cheerful tone.

"Supper smells good," Bruce said to Alfred.

"Thanks to the lovely ladies over here." Alfred nodded to me and Kori. "They helped me in the kitchen."

Bruce nodded to us. "Well done then ladies."

"Thanks," I mumbled as Kori said something along the same lines.

"Well, let's dig in," Dick said, picking up his spoon.

Everyone started to eat. It was amazing. The soup practically melted in your mouth and tasted so rich that I almost didn't want to eat it all. I savored every spoon full and took my time. So did the others. We ate in almost complete silence, only talking to complement the food.

We all finished our bowls around the same time. "Well, Alfred, that was just amazing." Kori nodded her thanks to Alfred.

"I am glad you liked it." He stood up and took his bowl to the sink. I stood and collected my bowl up. "No need Miss, I will get the dishes."

"No, I will help you," I argued and brought my bowl over.

Alfred nodded his thanks to me. As people started to finish and push their bowls aside Alfred and I would go and collect them. Alfred went to take Bruce's bowl away and I went over to Damian who pushed his aside.

"Can I take that?" I asked him in almost a whisper.

He looked at me with his emerald, green eyes and my heart almost flipped. "I will take it." He stood up and set his bowl in the sink. When he came back over to me, he said, "Thanks though." In a whisper.

Once everyone's dishes were in the sink, I went over to the sink and started to fill it with water. Alfred came to me right away. "Now I must stop you here. You have been wonderful, but I must do the dishes. It is what I get paid for."

"Alright," I gave up and stepped back.

"Thank you though." He smiled at me. "I don't always get help around the house." He glanced over at the table. He must be referring to Dick, Damian, and Bruce. I smile in understanding.

I went back to my seat and listened to the ongoing conversation. "So, the guys are helping with the final setup?" Gar asked, talking to Bruce.

"If you would like. It is not mandatory to help, but if you find yourself bored, then by all means..." Bruce answered.

"Father, what are the plans for the event?" Damian said in a cold tone.

"The Gala begins at one o'clock." He nodded to Damian. "You and Dick must be there before to greet the guests. The other Titans may come down when they choose." He nodded to us all. "For those who are not yet twenty-one, there will be no drinking." Batman was giving us all a stern look.

Damian leaned back into his seat. "And what if there is an emergency, we all cannot leave at once."

"Damian, it has been thought of already." Bruce looked at his son. "We have others on patrol for the night, and we won't be called into action."

Damian didn't seem too happy with this answer but didn't push any farther. I nodded, understanding the plan. Kori and Dick further discussed the plans for the party.

"Kori, Rachel, tomorrow you will have all of the morning to get dressed and ready." Bruce's words brought me out of my thoughts. "If you need anything, call Alfred, and it will be brought to you."

"Thank you, Bruce," Kori said for the both of us.

"Well, I believe that concludes supper. Thank you, Alfred." Bruce stood up. "You all must get your rest for the Gala will take a lot of energy." With that, Batman left the room.

I stood up and put my placemat back into the drawer where it came from and then left the room. I was going to go back to my room when I remembered what Alfred had told me about the library. "It wouldn't hurt to take a look," I thought to myself.

I opened the door and to my surprise, the room was larger than I thought. There were custom bookshelves on each wall that are just filled with books. I stepped out into the middle of the room and spun around to look at the entirety of the room.

I stepped closer to a bookcase and saw that there were famous books and books I have never heard of before. Even some books that were just tied together with string. As I looked around, I even found a case of scrolls. This place seemed to have everything.

I brushed my hands on the spin of the books, taking in all the titles. Some of the books looked warned down, while others looked brand new.

"You found the library." A voice scared me out of my thoughts. I turned to see Damian step through the doors.

"Yes, Alfred told me about it." I released a breath I didn't know I was holding.

"He did?" He took a step closer to me.

"Yes," I said, gaining more confidence.

"Well, did he show you the gardens?" Damian's lips twitched up.

"He told me about them, but I haven't had the chance to see them myself." I shrugged.

"Would you like to see them?" His left eyebrow came up as if he was planning something evil. "I could show you."

"I am not sure what you are up to Mr. Wayne..." I joke, "but I do wish to see the gardens myself."

"I am offended, Miss Roth, that you would think of me like that." Damian put his hand to his chest and pretended that he was hurt.

"I did not mean to offend you," I smile. "Alright, you may show me the gardens." I walked to his side.

He gave a smirk and then put out his arm out for me to take. It was a sort of game now, and I wasn't prepared to lose. I took his arm and wrapped mine around his. We walked in step out of the library doors and across into a room of stairs.

We walked down the steps, looking ahead. Once we reached the bottom, Damian let go of my arm and opened the door for me. "Miss." He gestured for me to go through the door. I bowed my head dramatically at him and stepped through.

Once the door closed behind us, he offered me his arm and we walked alongside each other in sync. My arm was tangled with his as we walked the path to the garden.

"Father tells me that these flowers were planted by his mother," Damian explained as I knelt to smell a pretty purple one. "Alfred had managed to keep the garden alive."

"How wonderful." I nodded along as we continued to walk.

"Father doesn't come out here much," Damian said, turning to look at the garden.

"Do you?"

"Do I what?" He turned back at me. Our eyes locked and we stopped walking.

"Do you come out here?" I stared into his emerald eyes.

"In times when I need quiet..." He paused. "Yes."

"This does seem like a wonderful place to meditate." I agreed.

"You haven't even seen the best part." A smile grew on his perfect face as he guided me to another place in the garden.

He stopped just sort of a bench. Surrounding it were flowers and a willow tree that had branches and leaves covering the bench. It was almost like a wall, keeping out the outside world.

I let go of Damian's arm and walked over to the bench. I sat down on it, looking around at the pretty flowers. This place felt secluded and almost like a piece of heaven itself. Damian walked through and sat beside me.

"This is perfect," I said breathlessly.

"I thought you would love it," Damian said, looking around at the leaves. "Alfred wanted to cut the leaves and open it up, but I told him not to."

"Is so... wonderful." I turned to face Damian.

He looked down at me and our eyes met. "I knew that you would see its beauty."

I didn't have the words to respond, so I just nodded, staring into his eyes. He leaned back on the bench and stared up at the night sky.

"There is beauty in the quiet." He said without looking away from the stars. I looked up and watched them myself. "I come out here sometimes just to see the stars."

"I would too if I lived here," I said to the night sky.

We were silent for a while. No one speaks or moves. We heard each other's breathing but didn't say a word. The night sky was so bright, and the stars were just calling out to me. I wanted to reach up and touch one, but also didn't want to disturb the night sky.

After a while, my eyes started to grow heavy, and I knew sleep was calling. I turned to Damian who was still looking at the night sky.

"Damian?" I said softly, not wanting to disturb him.

"Hmm?" He nodded, looking at me.

"It's getting late," I said in a whisper.

"That it is." He said softly back to me. "You have a busy day tomorrow."

"So do you." I smiled.

"Oh, but I don't start getting ready the moment I wake up." He smiles in a joking tone.

"I don't see why everyone thinks it will take me that long to get ready." I huff. "It would take me an hour at most."

"Father knows nothing of women and guessed that would be how long it took you and Kori to get ready." Damian laughed. His laughter melted something in me.

When his laughter died down, I smiled at him. "At least I don't have to greet guests."

He turned to me in a less happy tone and said, "Father wishes for me, so I must."

"Care to make tomorrow fun?" I gave him a mischievous look.

"How Miss Roth, would you propose to do that?" He spoke. I had piqued his interest.

"We could make a wager." I shrugged with a devilish smile (Not really a devilish smile, because that was my father's thing). "I bet you that you can't be nice for the whole Gala," I said confidently.

"When am I not nice?" Damian pretended to be hurt.

I gave him a look like 'really'. He shrugged. "You have to pretend to want to be there the whole time."

"So, I have to act kindly like a true gentleman and if I can... I win?" He asked as if trying to understand the wager.

"Yes."

"And what do I get when I win?" Damian raised an eyebrow.

"Well, IF you win, you can choose your prize, and if I win then I want you to..." I had to think about it. What did I want from this wager? "I want you to..."

I couldn't think of anything.

"Whoever wins may choose their prize later," Damian suggested.

"Yes," I nodded. "If you can be a gentleman the whole night, then yes."

Damian held out his hand as if making a deal. I shook his hand.

I stood up. "I think I will go off to bed then." I turned to Damian.

Damian got up and followed me back to the door. As we walked side by side, we didn't say anything to each other. Damian walked me to my door, and I stopped just before opening it and turned to him.

"Thank you for tonight," I said in a soft whisper. I was pretty sure everyone had gone to bed by now.

"It was nothing." He nodded.

I stepped into my room and closed the door behind me. I heard his footsteps leave after a moment. I sighed out, not sure why I was holding my breath. I got dressed in my nightclothes and slid into bed. Sleep took me fast and I was out like a light before I even had a chance to process the bet that was made.

The Next Morning

There was a knock on my door early in the morning. I sat up in bed and when I heard it again, I knew it wasn't in my dreams. I came to the door and opened it.

"Good morning, Miss Roth." Alfred greeted me with a tray of food. "I have your breakfast."

I opened the door wider for him to come in. "Thank you, Alfred. You didn't have to bring me the food. I could have come down and eaten it."

"Nonsense, you have to get ready this morning, so I thought I would just bring it up to you." He smiled. "Damian tells me you are a vegetarian like himself, so I made you the same meal as him."

"Thank you," I said, taking the tray and setting it down on the desk in the room.

"No problem." He smiled and walked out the door, closing it behind himself.

I lifted the top of the plate to see an omelet. It smelled just delicious and made my mouth water. I sat down at the desk and started on breakfast. I was almost done when Kori opened the bathroom door to my room and walked in.

"Good morning, Rachel!" She said in an excited tone. "I see you have your breakfast."

"Morning Kori." I nodded to her. "How did you sleep?"

"Well. And you?" She came over to me.

"I slept fine," I said and then took the last bite of my breakfast. "Should I bring my tray downstairs?"

"No, just leave it outside your room door. That is what Dick told me." Kori shrugged.

"I don't think that is kind. I might just drop this downstairs." I said standing up with my tray.

"Then I shall bring my tray with you," Kori said and she followed me out the door. When we passed her room, she picked up the tray beside her door and carried it down the stairs with me. We walked into the kitchen with it.

Damian, Dick, and Bruce were sitting at the table, eating when we walked in.

"Good morning, ladies." Batman nodded at us when we stepped in.

"Morning." Kori smiled.

"Was something wrong with your meal?" Bruce looked at the trays in our hands.

"No. We are just bringing them down for Alfred." Kori smiled and we walked our trays to the sink and set them in.

"You don't need to do that," Damian said in his normal cold tone. "Alfred will pick them up."

"He might, but there is nothing wrong with helping." I looked right at Damian as I said that. Damian sat back in his chair and nodded.

"You girls going to get ready for the Gala?" Bruce said, looking at Kori.

"Yes." Kori nodded. "We just wanted to get our trays downstairs." She turned to Dick and said, "Good luck with getting all the guys ready."

Apparently, Kori and Dick had sectioned off and oversaw getting their own people dressed and ready. Kori only had me while Dick oversaw all the boys.

"Thanks. I might need it." Dick jokes.

Alfred walked in the room just as he said that. "Well, good morning, ladies. How was breakfast?"

"Good." I nodded my thanks. "We brought our trays down."

"You didn't have to do that. I could have just got them." He smiles at Kori and me. "But I thank you. At least there are some people in this house with manners." He looked over at the table at the guys.

I smiled at that.

"We have manners," Dick argued.

Kori and I both silently laugh. Even when he stayed at the tower, he left his dishes all over.

"Why have help when you have someone else to clean up." Damian agreed. I turned to face Damian.

"Damian, that is rude," I said in a shocked tone. "Alfred cooks for you. The least you can do is clean up occasionally."

Damian's face changed and he looked at Alfred. "I am sorry, Pennyworth. Where are my manners." He stood up and brought his dishes to the sink. "Thank you for the meal." Damian nodded to Alfred.

"It was my pleasure." Alfred nodded to Damian.

Damian turned to me. He came over to me and whispered, "Sorry."

"Ok." I nodded at him.

Then he left the room. When I turned back everyone was staring at me. Kori and Dick had a smirk on their face and Bruce and Alfred looked to be almost shocked.

"What?" I questioned.

"Nothing," Alfred said with a growing smile on his face.

Bruce stood up and took his dishes to the sink. "Thank you, Alfred." He said before leaving the room.

Dick smiled and stood up when Bruce left. He went over and put his dishes in the sink and walked out of the room with a smirk on his face and shaking his head.

Alfred turned to us girls when the guys had all left. "You girls have taught those guys manners. I have been trying to teach them that for years." He laughed. "Master Bruce has never brought his dishes to the sink in all the years I have been with him. I was even here when he was a baby."

"Sometimes it just takes a woman's touch." Kori looked at me.

"Well, thank you." Alfred smiled at both of us. "Now you better be getting ready. It is nearly ten already."

Kori looked at the clock and nodded. She grabbed my hand and rushed a thank you to Alfred as she ushered me out the door with her. She dragged me all the way up the steps and to our rooms.

When we got to our rooms I went in mine, and she went in hers. Of course, I didn't know what to do first, but lucky for me Kori came through the bathroom.

"I am not sure where to start." She said,

"I have no clue." I shrugged.

"Maybe with hair?" She came over and sat on the edge of my bed. "We can put on a movie in my room and style each other's hair." She suggested.

"Sure." I stood up and followed her into her room.

"What would you like your hair to be?" She said, moving out a chair for me. I grabbed the remote and sat down on it.

"Nothing fancy," I tell her, turning on the TV.

"How about if I curl your ends just a little?" She gave me a sweet smile.

"Sure," I say, flipping through channels.

We settled on watching Ghost Whisperer on tv. Kori took her time and did my hair with such care that it felt as if a mother was doing it. Kori has always been the closest thing to a mother figure I have ever had besides my real mother.

"I have always wanted to do my sister's hair like this," Kori said as she was working on my hair. "As I am sure you know, my sister has never been the type to want to do things like this with me. She has always been distant." Kori sighed.

"Well, I have never had a sister or really a mother, so this is...nice," I say to her. "Thank you."

She smiled and nodded to me. She finished my hair up quickly after that and put spray in it to make it hold all night. The spray was a lot and made us both cough a bit, but I didn't mind. I was having a good time with Kori.

"Go take a look in the mirror." She said, stepping back.

I stood up and walked over to the mirror. My hair looked perfect. It was just enough of a curl that it made it look fancy, without going overboard. I turned to Kori. "It's beautiful. Thank you."

She just smiled at me. I took one more look at myself in the mirror and walked over to the chair. "Now it is my turn. I am not good with all the hair stuff, so I am going to use a spell." Kori nodded. "Azarath Metrion Zinthos"

And just like that, Kori's hair was put half up and half down. She looked stunning and so mature. "There." I stepped back. She went over to the mirror and looked at herself.

"Oh my!" She felt her hair. "This is wonderful!"

We talked a bit and put some spray on her hair to hold. When we looked at the time it was already noon. Alfred came in with some lunch.

"You look lovely, ladies." He said before he left.

Kori and I hurried to eat and then did our makeup together. Kori helped me with some of my makeup and then she did her own and we both looked lovely. As we finished our makeup we rushed into our dresses. Maybe Batman was right about giving us all that extra time to get ready because we were rushing now.

Kori and I went to our separate rooms to get dressed. I slid on my soft dress, looking at myself in the mirror. The dress still looked as stunning as the day I bought it. The dress hugged me perfectly.

Kori knocked on my door.

"Come in." I said, already knowing who it was.

"You look stunning." She said as she stepped into the room.

I turned and saw Kori. She looked like a true princess. She was beautiful and smiling so bright at me. I mumbled thanks and looked at my feet.

"Dick and the boys went down already. Damian and his father are receiving guests as we speak." Kori said, stepping into the room more.

I slid on my shoes. "It's time for the Gala?"

"Yes."

Damian's POV:

It was noon when the guests started to arrive. I didn't even get the chance to finish my meal before Father summoned me. As sons of Bruce Wayne, Dick and I had to stand and greet the guests as they came in.

It was going to be a long hour, but because of the little wager Raven had placed yesterday, I wasn't quite dreading it. I didn't know what I would do when I won, but I didn't want to lose this bet.

I had to act like I wanted to be there. I had to act excited and ready to greet people. So, when I found Father already talking to a few guests, I walked right over.

"Hello," I said, putting on a fake smile. (Only I knew it was fake though). The guests looked happy. "Welcome." I shook the man's hand and nodded to the lady.

"Oh, hello. Damian, isn't it?" The lady asked.

"Yes." I nodded to her.

They nodded and walked away. Dick looked at me completely stunned. Father too looked wary of my actions.

"Where is Damian and who are you?" Dick said to me.

"Don't be overdramatic, Grayson," I said in my normal tone.

"There he is." Dick pointed at me.

Another guest came over and father greeted them first. Then Dick and soon they passed to me.

"Hello, welcome." I smiled and nodded to them.

When they passed, Dick looked at me again. His jaw was dropped. Seeing Dick's reaction was almost enough to make this whole night worth it in itself.

"Stop staring, Grayson." I looked forward.

"What is going on?" Dick asked, stepping in front of me.

"I am winning a bet," I answered. Another guest came over before Dick could ask any more questions. Soon we were swamped with people coming in. I put on a smile and greeted every one of them.

Dick would shoot me sideways looks and so would father, but I just continued to act like nothing was wrong. After what felt like forever, people started to slowly stop coming. Father checked his watch.

"It is time to start going to Gala." He walked towards the doors. Dick and I followed him inside the ballroom. We had spent most of the morning moving tables and things to make room for all our guests. The room was in immaculate shape.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, I am pleased to welcome you all tonight. As a tradition my mother started all those years ago, we keep this Gala going in her memory. So, I would like to take a moment to thank all of those who have made this night possible." Father turned to us. "And to my sons, who were able to come tonight." He raised a glass. "Cheers!"

Everyone in the room raised a glass and said, "cheers!"

Father set down his glass and started talking to people. Dick stood beside me, as I looked around, nodding at people who moved our way.

"What are you doing, Grayson?" I said as I waved to someone across the room.

"I am trying to figure out what you are up to." He said, waving at someone else.

"I am not up to anything." I smile at someone passing by.

"Oh really. Then why are you not in some corner being gloomy?" Dick turned to me.

"I made a bet." I looked at him. "I intend to win it."

Dick raises an eyebrow as if trying to understand it. "Why?"

"Because." I didn't feel like explaining.

Just then the doors opened on the second floor of the ballroom. Kori and Raven stepped out and descended the stairs. Raven had on a dark blue dress, and as she scanned the room, my heart started to speed up.

She was stunning. Kori and her seemed to be talking and when Raven smiled at something my heart almost stopped. She was perfect.

Dick seemed shocked at Kori's appearance as well because he didn't even move or say anything. I cleared my throat and got him out of it. I watched Raven as she was introduced to some of the people around. She shook a few hands and then her amethyst eyes caught mine, I felt a tug in my heart.

I started walking over to the girls, but I waited for Raven to shake a guest's hand before I approached.

"Hello, Damian." The lady said, noticing me.

"Hello." I nodded to her with a smile.

The lady said something to Raven that made her turn red, but when she left, I went over to her. "Raven," I said, standing beside her.

"Damian." She smiled. "Are you being a gentleman?" She joked.

I leaned into her ear and whispered, "Always."

Raven's POV:

"Always." His voice was low and sent shivers down my spine.

I turned to face him, but when I did our faces became so close that our noses touched. I was speechless. I swallowed hard and then leaned back to look into his eyes.

"Kori, you look stunning," Dick said, walking over. I pulled away completely and turned to look at Kori and Dick. I was burning red. (Was it hot in here?)

"Thank you, Dick." She smiled and took his arm.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, this is a dance is it not? Please join us on the dance floor!" Bruce's voice came from in the crowd. I couldn't see him, but soon enough the music started playing.

"May I?" Damian reached out a hand.

"Of course." I smiled at him and took his hand. He led me to the dance floor. I put one arm on his shoulder, and he held my other arm in his hand as he led us through the dance. He was quite good.

"You are a really good dancer," I said to him, looking him in the eyes.

"I was trained in the art of dance when I was younger. Mother thought it was a skill that everyone should know." He smiled at me.

"Trigon thought I needed to learn to dance as well. He gave me the best teachers and they taught me." I told him. "Father believed that dance was vital."

Damian laughed. "Vital? No, but fun? Maybe."

"Agreed." I smiled. The dance started to speed up and Damian and I moved closer together, closing the small space between us. Our torsos were now touching.

"I have greeted everyone with a smile, and if you need proof you may talk to Dick." Damian led us around the room. "Dick seemed shocked."

"Of course, he was shocked." I grinned. "You are never so nice."

"Hey, I am nice." He argued with a smile.

"No, you are stern. But that is how you were raised." I looked into his green eyes, almost getting lost once again.

"Well, not always, but I guess you are right." Damian bowed his head.

"I was taught to be like that too," I said, trying to make him feel better. "Father taught me to always take things for granted, but that is why I don't anymore. If he wants it, then I must do the opposite."

"Being the daughter of a demon, I guess that is a good way to live." He nods.

I glanced around us. There were eyes on us. Many.

"Damian, people are staring." I looked up at him.

"Let them." He grinned.

I got lost in his eyes. Soon the dance ended, and I took Damian's hand as he led me through the crowd. As we passed, we were stopped by a few people. Damian was kind and introduced me. I would nod and say hello to them.

When we finally made it across the room, we went over to where Jaime and Gar we're standing. They were chatting and didn't see us coming, so when they turned, they almost jumped out of their seats.

"Hello." Damian nodded to them. He turned to me. "I am going to get us drinks."

Then he left.

"Raven, you look nice." Jaime smiled at me.

"Thanks." I nodded to him.

I watched the crowd for a while, seeing all these people as they danced and talked to each other. They were all dressed so nicely and fancy.

"Hello." I heard someone beside me. I turned to see Conner AKA Super Boy.

"Conner." I nodded to him.

"What a nice party," he stepped closer to me.

"Yes." I nod and look back at the crowd.

"Of all the people in this room, you are by far the fairest," Conner whispered in my ear. I turned fast and took a step away and was about to say something but was interrupted.

"Conner." Damian practically growled. I stepped towards Damian, not sure why, but felt I needed to be by his side, so he didn't make a scene.

"Ah, Damian Wayne, what a pleasure." He bowed his head at Damian. "I just told Raven here how nice the party is."

Damian said nothing but the rage was steaming off Damian. I grabbed his arm and wrapped my arm around his. Damian turned to me with rage in his eyes but softened when he looked at me. He stood up a little straighter and turned back to Conner.

"Thank you." He mumbled to Conner.

"Damian, would you mind walking outside with me? I need fresh air." I said, trying to get Damian out of the room.

"Of course." He nodded and led me outside.

"Damian, are you alright?" I asked as we got out of earshot from the guests.

He didn't say anything as he led me further outside. We walked down the main steps of the house in silence. I could still feel Damian's anger with my empathic abilities but there was also something else. I couldn't put my finger on it.

We reached the grass area of the yard, Damian let my arm go and handed me a drink. I took it, taking a sip. He walked further and further, and my feet were starting to hurt in my heels, so I quickly pulled them off and carried them in my hands.

I caught up with Damian and turned back to the house. We were about half a mile away from the house now. Damian started to slow down and then he just stopped. After he didn't walk anymore for about three minutes I sank to the ground and sat on the fresh grass.

I watched Damian, as he looked down at me. I patted the ground beside me for him to sit. He hesitated but then chose to sit down.

"Damian..." I looked at him in his emerald eyes. "Are you okay?"

The next thing I knew his hand was on my face and he guided my lips to his. When our lips touched, I felt sparks. My heart sped up as our kiss continued. When he pulled away, I touched my lips where he used to be.

"I am better now." He said, looking at me.

I looked at him and a smile grew on his face. It was so contagious that a smile grew on my own face. "Not that I am complaining, but what was that for?" I said, not able to stop smiling.

"Because I wanted to kiss the most beautiful girl in the world." His words melted my heart.

I was speechless with a smile on my face. I am sure I looked dumb, but I couldn't help it.

"Damian?" I said when I finally could muster the words.

"Yes?" He leaned forward.

I put my hands on his face and pulled him towards me. He looked me in the eyes and smiled at me, one of those rare, real smiles that makes my heart melt. I pulled him forward until our lips collided.

Best Gala Ever.

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

136K 2.4K 46
Ever since the defeation of Trigon things have been different. And with the added night of partying and fun, the sexual tension between two certain T...
148K 2K 26
A fanfiction set after Teen Titans: The Judas Contract movie. Shipping Damian and Raven. Mostly just every day life with them at the centre around fa...
23.1K 306 15
A Teen Titans fanfic story... Hope u guys enjoy it! Boi! Disclaimer: I DO NOT OWN THE TEEN TITANS. NOTHING EXCEPT MY OWN CHARACTERS NONE OF WHICH HA...
13.3K 524 25
Following my first book 'Hope' which can be found on my profile. This story is not only from Raven's point of view but also Damian's since this is mo...