Conflicted

By batmantho

One day while he visits one of his family's country-clubs, he meets her. More

↬Notes and Copyright↫
➸one
➸two
➸three
➸four
➸five
➸six
➸seven
➸eight
➸nine
➸ten
➸eleven
➸twelve
➸thirteen
➸fourteen
➸fifteen
➸sixteen
➸seventeen
➸eighteen
➸nineteen
➸twenty
➸twenty-one
➸twenty-two
➸twenty-three
➸twenty-four
➸twenty-six
➸twenty-seven
➸twenty-eight
➸twenty-nine
➸thirty
➸thirty-one
➸thirty-two
➸thirty-three
➸thirty-four
➸thirty-five
➸thirty-six
➸thirty-seven
➸thirty-eight

➸twenty-five

3.1K 119 26
By batmantho

Copyright ©2014 Ari W.

“Babe do you have to stay here tonight?” He asked, slowly walking to my door.

“Yes! I haven’t seen Lia since you guys found me.” I whined.

“Fine. I’ll see you tomorrow. We’ll actually go out to lunch.” He sighed, running a hand through his hair.

“Try not to miss me too much.” I teased.

He rolled his eyes and wrapped his arms around my waist. “I believe I should be saying that to you.” He chuckled.

I closed the distance between us, wrapping my arms around his neck. He pulled away chuckling and pinched my sides. “Stop it.” I squealed, swatting his hands away.

The door flew open and my brother was staring at us, well more like glaring. “Nick!” I smiled.

“Skylar, did you forget your key?” He asked.

I rolled my eyes and gave Zayn a small smile. His expression remained the same way it always did when people were around, hard to read.

I walked inside past my brother, shaking my head. I heard the door close and my name being called. “Yes?” I asked.

“We need to talk.” Nick said, gesturing for me to sit down.

I took a seat on the sofa and he sat across from me, eyeing me and taking a deep breath. “Look, since our parents are gone, I have to say this. I don’t like him. I don’t like you spending time with him. You’ve been gone for over a week. You don’t call, you don’t text. How am I supposed to know that nothing’s happened to you? You’re also dating him, that doesn’t mean you’re supposed to stay at his house.” He lectured.

“Wow Nick. You know what’s funny, you never seemed to care before when you were in the States.” I chuckled, rolling my eyes.

“You also didn’t have a boyfriend then.” He reminded.

“So you’re just upset that I have a boyfriend.” I asked.

“Out of all the people in the whole city of London, you choose the asshole who humiliated you for weeks.” He said, raising his voice.

“If I was able to move past it, why can’t you?”

“Because Skylar, you’re my little sister. It’s my job to look out for you.”

“I don’t need to be looked after. Nick you’re my brother, not my father. I’m almost 21.”

“Well our father is dead Skylar. He sure as hell wouldn’t approve of this.”

“Yes he would. Zayn treats me great.” I argued.

“I bet he does. How old is your rich boyfriend?"

“He’s 23.”

“Yeah he’s three years older than you. You aren’t even legal! You’re too young for him!” He yelled.

“This conversation is over.” I scoffed, standing up. 

“It’s not over.” He yelled.

“I’m not a child. You don’t control me!” I explained.

“Then stop acting like one! You sit here and cry over him every time you come back from being with him.”

“Am I crying now?” I questioned.

“He probably bought you something.” He rolled his eyes.

“Wow. So you think I’m with him because he’s rich. That’s low.” I shook my head in disbelief.

I stood up and stormed up the stairs, slamming my bedroom door. I can’t believe Nick. He’s never acted this way before. He’s also never met any of my boyfriends before either. I know he wants what’s best for me but he’s never even met Zayn. Sure, they saw each other when Nick came to Cave Castle, and Nick confronted him the day we were arguing, but they’ve never officially met.

I threw some of my things into a bag and came down the stairs. “Where the hell do you think you’re going?” He asked. I rolled my eyes and left the apartment, making my way to my car. 

-

Zayn’s front door was unlocked, but that was normal. I stepped inside and closed the door taking a deep breath. I went into Zayn’s room, and it was empty, but I know he’s here. I called his name several times but received no answer.

I walked towards his office and contemplated on whether or not I should knock.

“Zayn.” I called out, opening the door.

He and a woman both looked at me and I took a step back. “You! What are you doing here?” She asked, laughing.

It took me a minute to figure out who she was. Elena. Memories from that day began to fill my mind. The coke, the hot food, the two of them laughing.

Zayn took a deep breath, running his fingers through his hair. “I’ll just um be in your room.” I said to him.

“His room? What? Zayn why is she here?” She asked him. He looked at me, then back to her.

“Skylar’s my girlfriend.” He mumbled under his breath.

“What was that?”

“I’m his girlfriend.” I said loudly, glaring at him.

“No, Zayn doesn’t do girlfriends, he can’t stay committed to just one person.” She sighed, cracking a smile.

“Babe can you just go in my room.” Zayn interrupted, pushing me out of the room.

“Babe? Zayn what the hell is this?” She hissed.

I frowned but made my way to his room, not wanting to argue.

-

Half an hour later he walked into the room, loosening his tie. “I’m sorry that took so long.” He sighed.

“It’s fine. I should have told you I was coming.”

“Yeah, you should have.” He snapped.

“I’ll remember to do so next time. That way no one else knows you’re committed to one person.” I smiled, mimicking Elena.

“I knew this was going to come up into the conversation.” He groaned.

“Nope, I don’t want to talk about it.” I shrugged, shaking my head.

“So why are you here?” He asked.

“My brother and I got into an argument.”

“About?”

“You, us. He doesn’t exactly like you.” I frowned.

“Then he’s smart. He shouldn’t like me.”

“What?”

“I’m the way I am for a reason Sky. You’re the only person besides my family who I’m comfortable being myself with. If I act nice, people will walk all over me.”

“So you’re purposely an asshole.” I asked, sucking my teeth.

“Well that’s who I am, I just don’t necessarily show it when I’m around you.” He explained.

“Is it because of my amazing personality?” I smiled, getting closer to him.

“Mm no.” He snorted, wrapping his arms around me.

“You know, my brother brought up something that I never thought to ask you about.” I mumbled.

“And what was that?”

“How you used to humiliate me at Cave Castle. I just want to know why.”

“What can I say, I liked you then.” He shrugged.

I rolled my eyes and moved his hands, holding them with my own. He crashed his lips onto mine, pulling me closer. I kissed him back, letting go of his hands and reaching for his hair.

Someone cleared their throat and I let go, facing the opposite direction. “I’m sorry to interrupt whatever that was, but I need a ride home.” Elena whined.

“How did you get back in here?” Zayn asked.

“We all know you leave the door unlocked.” She snorted.

What can I say, he does. I don’t like that she knows that.

“I’ll have David take you.” He sighed.

He started typing away on his phone then glanced up at me. I rolled my eyes and walked into his closet, wanting to be as far away from her as possible. It’s just weird to see them together after what happened before at Cave Castle.

I unzipped the dress and let it pool at my feet, bending down to pick it up. “I love the view.” Zayn smirked.

“Get out.” I shrieked.

“This is my closet.”

I went to walk past him but he pulled me back, placing his hands on my waist. “Your hands are cold.” I whined. He kept his gaze on my chest and I felt awkward. “They’re healing.” He said, clearing his throat. “Mm.” I mumbled. “I’m sorry.” He sighed, letting go of me. He has been apologizing daily about the scars. I keep telling him it wasn’t his fault but he chooses to ignore me.

I walked into his bathroom and braided my hair to one side. “So I have a question.” He started.

I nodded, urging him to continue and he bit his lip. “Just say it.”

“We spend a lot of time together and our relationship is going well.” He paused, “I just figured it’d be easier on both of us if we lived together.”

I turned around to face him, gasping. “You want me to live with you?” I asked in shock.

“Yes. You’re already here, I mean how bad can it be?” He smiled.

 Really bad. It will be really bad.

“Yes, I’ll live with you.” I smiled excitedly.

He took two steps towards me, capturing my lips with his, and trapping me against the wall. Surprised, I pulled away before kissing back. “Jump.” He mumbled on my lips. I did as he said and he caught me, gripping onto my thighs.

He led us to the bed, setting me down so he was hovering over top of me. His lips trailed down my jawline, moving to my neck. I ran my fingers through his hair while catching my breath. “Do you trust me?” He asked, breathing heavily.

I nodded and he pecked my lips quickly before taking off his shirt. My heartbeat accelerated rapidly, and I thought my heart was going to explode.

He began to kiss each of my scars, leaving a tingly feeling where his lips once were. I grabbed his face and kissed him, missing the familiar warmth. His phone started ringing and he groaned before answering it.

“You’re what?” He panicked, moving to sit next to me.

“Wal, now’s not the best time.” He sighed.

“Fine.” He said, ending the call.

“What’s wrong?” I asked.

“My sister got into an argument with my mother and she’ll be here in one minute.”

“What!” I panicked. I’ve never met Zayn’s sister before. I definitely can’t meet her like this.

I got out of the bed and pulled on my jeans, looking for a shirt. “Babe.” Zayn called out. I turned towards him and he handed me the shirt I was looking for.

“What if she doesn’t like me?” I asked.

“She will.” He said, pressing his lips to my forehead.

“You say that about everyone.” I scoffed, taking a seat on his bed.

The knock at the door stopped him from saying anything else. He opened his bedroom door and I was in awe. She looks just like Zayn, the olive skin, dark eyebrows. He embraced her and she giggled before turning to look at me. “Is this her?” She asked him.

He nodded and her smile vanished. “I’m his sister, Waliyha.” She informed me.

“It’s nice to meet you. I’m Skylar.” I smiled.

“Yes I know.” She snapped.

“Wal be nice.” Zayn warned.

“Mom told me all about her.” She rolled her eyes.

“I’m just going to get some water.” I mumbled, quickly leaving the room.

Instead of going to the kitchen, I went outside next to pool and sat on the concrete, admiring the landscape. Fall is coming to an end as the leaves are starting to fall off the trees. I’m not really prepared for the winter months.

I hate this time of the year because it’s when my parents passed away. Ever since, I’ve never been able to enjoy the Christmas holiday. It brings back so many memories.

I stared up at the gray clouds, hugging my knees. My phone beeped and I took it out of my pocket. I received a text from my brother asking me to come back so we can talk. Should I even go? It’ll be better than hiding from Zayn and his sister.

I walked back inside, heading to Zayn’s room to grab my keys. They both glanced up when I walked in and I stared at the ground. I quietly grabbed my jacket and keys, sneaking out of the room. “Sky where are you going?” Zayn asked, startling me.

“I-uh-I-um-home.” I stuttered nervously.

“Why?”

“My brother wants to talk to me.”

“I don’t think that’s a good idea.”

“Good thing I didn’t ask for your opinion.” I smiled, running out of the house.

I tapped my fingers on the steering wheel the entire drive. I hate fighting with my brother. He’s all I have left and I know he wants what’s best for me but this isn’t the way to do it.

When I pulled up to apartment, I heard Lia scream. “I haven’t seen you in over a week Sky! I missed you.” She said, embracing me.

“I know, I missed you too.” I frowned.

“Did you talk to Zayn about me getting a job?” She asked as we walked to the door.

“I forgot, I’ll ask him tonight.” I promised.

“Sky.”

“Li I’m sorry. I promise I’ll talk to him about it.”

She unlocked the door and I followed her inside calling my brother’s name. He was sitting on the sofa and I sighed before sitting next to him.

“I want to apologize for earlier.” He sighed.

“I can’t accept your apology.” I shrugged.

“What why?”

“I can’t accept it until you promise to give him a chance.” I smiled.

“Fine.” He rolled his eyes.

“I love you Nick.” I grinned, hugging him.

I plopped onto my knees next to Zayn, who was staring at the TV. He glanced over at me, raising an eyebrow, probably wondering why I’m smiling like an idiot.

I crawled on top of him so I was straddling him and hugged him. “Do I want to know?” He asked.

“So I need a favor.” I smiled.

“What?” He frowned.

“By any chance do you have an openings at your company?”

“Babe if you want to work for me you can just say it.” He chuckled.

“No, not me.”

“Then who?”

“Lia. She really wants this job.”

“Hmm why does Dahlia want to work for me?” He questioned.

“How do you know her first name?” I frowned.

“It’s my job to know all of my employees.” He shrugged.

“Please?” I begged.

“I’m not saying yes, but have her apply for a position, and I’ll put in a good word.” He winked.

I grinned excitedly, hugging him. “You’re the best.” I smiled, kissing him.

He flipped us over so he was on top. I thought he was going to kiss me again, but instead he laid on top of me, resting his head on my boobs. I ran my fingers through his hair and he purred.

“Are you comfortable?” I rolled my eyes.

“Actually yes. I’m lying on clouds.” He chuckled.

“You’re so hilarious.” I replied.

I grabbed my phone and texted Lia the good news. She replied, thanking me multiple times and I suppressed a smile. I glanced back down at Zayn who had his eyes closed and a huge grin on his face.

A/n: Hello everyone! I want to thank you all so much for being a part of this story. I'm so thankful for each and every one of you. I have been totally slacking with the writing and that's because I have major writer's block. Anyways please vote and comment! Thanks x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

310K 29.2K 67
Third book of idol love series... Devotion- "Strongest form of love" All the characters are fictional. There is no connection with the real place or...
1M 34.1K 61
𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋 ──── ❝i just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!❞ 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...
1.2M 48K 53
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
485K 14K 106
"aren't we just terrified?" 9-1-1 and criminal minds crossover 9-1-1 season 2- criminal minds season 4- evan buckley x fem!oc