Ravenwolf's Rose

By imaginflowers

Hazel Rose is a talented painter making her way into the art world. But one fated encounter leads her to beco... More

A Fated Encounter
An Artist
3 Weeks
The Funeral
Choices
Ravenwolf
Outcast
Proposition
Sparks
His Challenge
To Be The Best
Time Crunch
All Nighter
His Body Against Mine
Up Close And Personal
Dress To Impress
A Centimetre Away From You
Unexpected Reunion
Where There's Smoke There's Fire
If Anger Had A Metre...
The Rich Women's Yoga Club
In His Arms Again...
The Secrets We Hold
Unintentional Contact...
Bringing Us Together...
Taking A Chance, Making A Change
Danger Ahead
If I Could Protect You...
Where It Hurts Us The Most
You Are A Light In Our Darkness
By Her Side
Here For You
Honesty, The Heart's Best Medicine
Resting, Impossible
Naked & Exposed
Warmth Of His Body
Close To This...
Reaching Out To You
Not Together, But Together?
A Wild Ride
His Change Of Pace
Because of You
Thinking Of You
Shopping Date
Sweet Connection...
Shattered Roses
Our Tension
His Broken Heart
The Consequences of Getting Close To You
Like Cinderella
Charity Ball
A Rival Appears?!
Shall We Dance?
When It Was Less Complicated?
A Slap To The Face
It Can Happen To Anyone Of Us
Escape
Love Like A Merry Go-Round
A Warm Embrace
Sizzling Chemistry
Will This End Well Too?
Tension On Set
Hazel Rose: Model?
This Feeling In My Heart...
'Perfect Match'
Halloween Nightmare
I Don't Want You To Get Hurt...
When Will There Be Answers?
Your Body, My Body
Close To You
Trapped
I Want To See You Again- Kai's POV
Dangerously Obsessive Love
This Is Love- Kai's POV
Fighting For Her Life
Unlikely Knight In Shining Armor
Far Far Away On A Tropical Island...
Kai and I... Alone Together In The Bahamas?!
This Lingering Hot Kiss
Falling In Love
The Best Present In The World
Overnight At The Hot Springs...
The Fire In Your Gaze...
A Secret Revealed... Just Who Are You Really?
You Are Loved
Another Accident...
Courage To Love
A Tender Heart
The Truth Hurts
Luca's Confession & Kai's Apology...
Only Time Will Tell
Rendezvous to Where?!
I Love You
When Two Hearts Finally Meet
Fear Of Change
Bitter/Sweet Memories
Hazel's Past Revealed...
Facing The Future, Together
Where Do We Go Next?
Heightened Emotions
Always There For You
For The Sake Of Your Smile
A Small Cloud In My Heart
Loving You...
A Promise To Love
Ravenwolf's Rose
EXTRA: Ravenwolf's Rose Age Chart + Q&A

Falling Down The Rabbit Hole

3.6K 201 4
By imaginflowers

After I realized my feelings for Kai... time flew by relatively quickly.

Although I didn't know what to do next, I was still managing my own heart break. Kai had every right to put some distance between us if he didn't like me the way I liked him. But considering the way he pushed me away... it made me feel a little embarrassed. So I buried myself in art projects and picked up extra shifts at the studio when I could...

*

It was already December and Mackenzie's birthday party had finally arrived. 

Kai had actually made time for this event. 

Even though it was a simple act of affection on his end... it made me fall even deeper in love with his attempts to be there more for his family...

We had an Alice in Wonderland theme and of course Jackson wouldn't shut up about my decision to dress up as the Cheshire cat.

"There's so many characters in that movie and this is what you came up with? You look like a purple fun stick" I hit his back a few times when he was helping me bring some appetizers out into the dining room for Kenz's guests.

"Seriously, aren't you supposed to be helping me?"

"I am..." he laughed through his tears.

After we left the dining room to join the party in the living room Jackson stopped me.

"Wait... you have something near your eyelash..."

"You're lying again," I tried to push him away. Earlier he had said the same thing and pinched my cheek when I thought something was there...

"No, seriously... come on, let me--" I shoved him away a few times while he tried touching my face again. He then wrapped his arms around me and I tried shimming away from him.

"Just what the hell--" I had my foot pressed against his leg until I heard a crunching noise in the distance... I turned to watch a few of Kenz's friends staring at us.

"Are they the ones that Kenz said are dating?" one of them inquired.

"I don't think so. They look like they'll only have a cat and mouse relationship their entire lives..." I gritted my teeth a little and before I said anything Jackson stepped forward.

"Who are you to decide, small fry?" the young kid pointed towards himself. The two of them bantered back and forth and I pulled Jackson away.

"You're so childish..." I had wrapped my arms around him without realizing it. Just when I stepped away he held me closer to his body... while staring down at me seriously... he suddenly blew something away from my face.

"All gone..." I was a little stunned... he moved away from me shortly after he looked up and spotted someone behind me... I turned to see who he was looking at but they were already gone.

"Hazel! Hurry! The cake is next!" I heard Kenz call out to me so I smiled and made my way back to help... when I saw James, who had dressed up as the Mad Hatter, he was telling all of her friends to go back to table.

I silently thanked Rae for helping me find all these costumes... everyone looked so good.

After we ate cake together I helped Edna clean up a little around the house. Kenz and her friends had all went to the game room as their 'main party' event.

I heard the doorbell ring so I went over to answer it. When I did it was someone I was least expecting to show up here.

What was she doing here?

"Natalie, dear!!" I could hear a sharp, annoying voice in the background. Natalie pushed past me after snorting a little. She greeted Cassandra with the large gift in her hand. The two of them made some small talk. I didn't think anyone was behind her so I went to close the door, but someone stepped...

It was Luca... I was a little shocked. What would he be doing here?

"Thanks for your gift, love..."

"Of course, anything for our precious Mackenzie. Where is she?" Cassandra nodded and then brought her forward.

"Fancy meeting you again..." Luca smiled at me and I chuckled while crossing my arms.

"So the devil brought a plus one?"

"Well, fortunately for me I get to meet you in this adorable costume..." I rolled my eyes.

"Did you come here to annoy Kai?"

"Kai? He's here?" I watched his expression change and he seemed genuinely surprised. "Usually he'd be buried in his work..."

"Hmm..." I then looked at the small gift he had in his hand. "Kenz's pile of gifts is over there..."

"Oh, Natalie has our gift... this is for you."

"Me?" he took a hold of my hand and placed it in the palm of my hand.

"To thank you for helping out at the shoot... if it wasn't for you things would have become complicated..." we stepped into the foyer a little more together... side by side. When I opened the gift I saw a Tiffany & Co. box and I nearly dropped it. He smiled at me charmingly. 

"You know this is really too much even for me?"

"Why?"

"This might mean pennies to you, but something like this is too extravagant. It could cover rent, food, or transportation costs for an entire month or two..." I pressed the gift into his chest. He held onto it with my hand refusing to let go. 

"You're right... and since this small gift is just pennies to me... so why not just accept?" I scoffed...

"Luca..." I started but he smiled deviously again.

"Kai..." I heard him say. I turned to see Natalie locking her arms around his. He seemed like a stiff statue next to her. I tried to conceal my sour expression but obviously Luca saw right through me. He took the gift and then draped his hand around my shoulders playfully and brought us forward. I looked up at Luca a little stunned.

"Hey!" I shouted. I didn't have time to look at Kai's reaction, but I could hear the anger in his voice...

"Luca... you know I forbid you from coming into this house years ago..." I finally turned to Kai who was agitated. Kai moved his arm away from Natalie and reached out to grab a hold of Luca. He pushed him away from me and then walked him over to the front door.

"Oh! Come on! Don't be like this. I'm just here to celebrate Kenz's birthday..." I turned to watch Kai open the door.

"You didn't just come here to celebrate, did you?" I wanted to know what he meant by that... but before I knew it Luca was being pushed out of the door. He called out to me once but I really couldn't do much...

Kai sighed and then walked back.

"Kai!" Natalie smiled as she tried wrapping her arm around his again but Kai beat her to it and moved his arm. She stumbled forward not expecting to be rejected. She pouted and then glared at me. James then suddenly appeared.

"James will escort you home."

"Wait, what?! I just got here."

"You have an early shoot tomorrow."

"Oh, so you do know..." she said this while smiling and curling her hair behind her ear. I didn't know whether or not to burst out into laughter at the face she was making or get a little jealous... but Natalie didn't invoke anything else other than annoyance from me.

"I overheard Cassandra."

"Oh..." that seemed to deflate Natalie entirely... her posture sunk a little. I almost felt a little terrible for her... James then walked by her side and they left together.

Just before I left Kai spoke up: "Luca is someone you shouldn't associate yourself with."

"Does he look like someone I'm associating myself with?" there was a pause between us and I sighed again and said: "I'm sorry you feel that way about him... but I can't control what that air-- who Natalie brings to events..."

That seemed to silence him entirely and I slowly walked by him... I wondered how much he had seen between us...

I held my hand to my chest as soon as I was out of his line of sight. My heart started to thump a little more aggressively... I had been doing so well... but seeing him like this made me remember the kiss that we shared and the feelings I had for him...

*

After helping Edna clean up a little more I met up with Kenz. She had exhausted her energy in the play centre. After she said goodbye to her friends I gave her the gift I made. When she opened it up she smiled brightly.

It was a painting I made of her and Apollo when he was a puppy. It was an Alice and Wonderland theme so of course I made it as iconic as possible...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.6M 290K 48
She is fiery, hot-headed and spontaneous. He is calm, composed and calculating. She is fire, burning every obstacle in her path. He is ice, numbing h...
359K 13.3K 43
#1 in Romance - 07.01.2021 Forced to be around each other because their best friends just happen to love each other, Nicole and Blake must learn to b...
971K 53.4K 56
Cassie used to think that her life as a maid for the terribly gorgeous Prince Coleman was complicated. She had no idea what was coming. Now with the...
1.1M 19.8K 18
18 years old Amelia has always found life to be extremely tough, ever since she was conceived and left at the door step of an orphanage called Madiso...