Conflicted

By batmantho

One day while he visits one of his family's country-clubs, he meets her. More

↬Notes and Copyright↫
➸one
➸two
➸three
➸four
➸five
➸six
➸seven
➸eight
➸nine
➸ten
➸eleven
➸twelve
➸thirteen
➸fourteen
➸fifteen
➸sixteen
➸seventeen
➸eighteen
➸nineteen
➸twenty
➸twenty-one
➸twenty-two
➸twenty-four
➸twenty-five
➸twenty-six
➸twenty-seven
➸twenty-eight
➸twenty-nine
➸thirty
➸thirty-one
➸thirty-two
➸thirty-three
➸thirty-four
➸thirty-five
➸thirty-six
➸thirty-seven
➸thirty-eight

➸twenty-three

3K 125 16
By batmantho

I took my break earlier than usual and I sat in my car, thinking about what his mother said. I decided not to let it get to me. I checked my email to see if there was anything new and there was. I received an email about one of the jobs I applied for and they’ve given me the job. I excitedly responded, letting them know that I’m available to start whenever.

I thought about calling Zayn, but I stopped myself, remembering our conversation from earlier.

I locked my car and walked back inside, thinking about how I won’t be working here anymore. It’ll be crazy because I’ve worked here for about four years.

I finished out the rest of my shift and made my way towards the parking lot. “Ms. King, Mr. Malik would like to have a word with you at his office.” A voice said from behind me.

“He just got back? Is that necessary?” I asked his driver.

“Yes ma’am.”

I sighed and followed him, knowing that Zayn would be difficult if I didn’t comply with his wishes. The ride to his office seemed to go by a little too quick.

“Mr. Malik will see you now.” His assistant, Samantha, informed me.

I gave her a small smile and walked inside. “Shut the door.” He said.

I turned and closed it, wishing I was on the opposite side. I took a seat on the chair in front of his desk and stared at the wood floor. “How are you?”

“I’m fine.” I lied. Being so close to him after what happened with his mother makes me feel weird.

“Skylar.” He sighed.

“I am fine. How are you?” I asked, rolling my eyes.

He stood up and sat on the edge of his desk, directly in front of me. “I’m sorry about earlier. I did miss you.” He said softly.

“Okay.” I said, repeating the same thing he said to me.

“I feel like you’re upset.” He sighed, reaching out to touch my face. I held my breath, nervously waiting to see what he’d do. He moved a strand of hair away from my face and stood up.

“I got the job.” I mumbled.

“You what?” He asked, a little in shock.

“I got the job.” I repeated.

“I thought we discussed you getting a job here.” He frowned.

“We did, and I remember telling you that I didn’t want to work for you.” I mumbled.

He opened his mouth to speak but the knock on the door interrupted him. Samantha walked in and he scrunched his face up in anger. “I thought I told you not to disturb me when Ms. King is here.” He said harshly. The tone in his voice was venomous. “Sir, your mother is on line one and demands to speak with you.” She said quietly.

“Tell her I’m busy.” He said, taking a deep breath.

“I’m afraid she won’t take no for an answer.” She said.

“Transfer the call.” He sighed, exasperated.

She nodded and left the office. His phone began to ring and he picked it up and brought it to his ear, “Hello Mother.”

I felt very uncomfortable. I should just go. I took out my phone and texted Zayn, saying that he could just call me later. He shook his head no, but I got up and left anyway, making my way towards the elevators.

I reached the first floor and walked past the main desk, out onto the busy street. My car is all the way at Cave Castle, how am I going to get home? I can call Nick!

Or you can ask Zayn to take you.

I walked back into the building and over towards the front desk. “Excuse me, can you tell me where-“

“I can.” Zayn smirked, interrupting me.

“You don’t even know what I was going to ask.” I muttered, stalking towards him.

“I’m taking you home, come.” He demanded.

I realized all eyes were on us so I bit my tongue and followed him outside. He opened the passenger door of his Camaro and allowed me to get in, closing the door softly. He started the engine and glanced over at me before putting the car in drive.

“We aren’t done discussing your new job.” He sneered.

“I didn’t know there was anything to discuss.” I bit back, rolling my eyes.

“Which company is it?” He asked.

“Irwin Corporate Towers.” I mumbled.

“Absolutely not.”

I let out a loud sigh, rolling my eyes. “Babe you can be mad at me all you want, but I know how Ashton works.” He explained.

“Ashton?” I asked, raising my eyebrows.

“So you’re going to work for a company, but have no idea who the owner is.” He said harshly.

I started to pout and once he noticed, I stared out the window. “Fine, do you really want to work there?” He questioned, running his hand up and down my thigh.

I began to squirm and a look of satisfaction spread on his face as he kept his eyes on the road.

“Yes, I really want to work there.” I told him.

“Okay, then you can work there.” He sighed.

I had to stop myself from laughing before I spoke. “Well I’m glad I have your permission dad.” I rolled my eyes.

“You’re so funny.” He muttered.

He stopped the car next to mine and I opened the door, getting out. “Come to my house?” He said, more a question than a statement.

“I guess.” I mumbled.

I unlocked my car and got inside, taking a deep breath. He waited for me to pull off before following behind me. Using my hands free calling, I dialed Lia’s number.

“Skylar King, my best friend who I never see is calling me, is this a dream?” Lia gasped.

“Shut up. What are you up to?” I asked, laughing.

“Nick and I are going to the movies.”

“You and my brother are spending an awful lot of time together. Is there something I should know?” I questioned.

“I wish. I swear he sees me as a little kid.” She whined.

“Ew you can’t date my brother.” I groaned.

“Lia are you ready?” I heard Nick ask.

“Just go, I’m doing something anyway.” I told her.

“Yeah, probably hooking up with our boss. Love you Sky.” She laughed, ending the call.

I parked in front of Zayn’s house and sat there for a minute, collecting my thoughts. He tapped on the window and I took a deep breath, opening the door.

He extended his hand, helping me out, then wrapping his arm around my waist.

“I’m still mad at you.” I frowned.

“And why is that?” He asked, chuckling.

“I don’t want to say it.”

“You leave me no choice.” He smirked evilly. Before I could respond, his hands were digging into my sides and I erupted into a fit of laughter. Giggles escaped my lips as I squirmed, trying to get away from him.

“Stop.” I whined, gasping for air.

He stopped tickling me but threw me over his shoulder as he walked towards his room. He placed me on my feet, then pulled me closer to him. His hands rested on my waist and I gripped onto them, making sure he won’t tickle me.

“I won’t tickle you.” He smiled.

“I don’t believe you.” I chuckled.

He closed the distance between us and crashed his lips onto mine roughly. I let go of his hands and wrapped my arms around his neck. I stood on my tip toes and kissed him again before pulling away. He let go of me and started to loosen his tie. He disappeared into the bathroom and I heard the shower going.

I plopped onto his bed and laid on my back, staring up at the ceiling. I closed my eyes and inhaled, exhaling slowly. He’s in the shower, the shower that is about twenty feet away from me.

His scent filled my senses and I don’t think I’ll ever get enough of it. I want the cologne he uses just so I can smell him. I felt him breathing and my eyes flashed open. He was hovering over top of me, staring intently at me.

My breathing became erratic and I noticed he only had on boxers. “Wh-why haven’t you gotten dressed.” I asked, taking deep breaths.

“I didn’t feel the need to.” He smirked. He pressed his lips against mine, but I didn’t kiss back. He pulled back in confusion and stared at me.

“I need to tell you something.” I sighed.

He moved so he was no longer on top of me and walked inside of his closet. “Go ahead.”

“So your mother came to see me today.” I started.

“Hmm that’s interesting. What happened?”

“She told me I need to leave you alone.” I mumbled quietly.

“No she didn’t.” He snapped.

“W-what?” I said, clearly taken back.

“She would never do anything like that.” He defended.

“Well she did.” I said hesitantly.

“Way to ruin a perfectly good evening Skylar.”

“How did I ruin it? I thought I was telling my boyfriend about something that happened.” I scoffed.

“By making false accusations about my mother?” He quirked an eyebrow.

“Forget I said anything. This whole conversation is pointless.” I rolled my eyes in disbelief.

I got off of his bed and stormed out of the room, heading straight for my car. I purposely slammed his front door, not caring how loud it was.

I got inside my car and jammed the key into the ignition carelessly. Just when things couldn’t get anyone worse, the key snapped in half, leaving me stranded.

This is not happening. I groaned in frustration and took out my phone, searching for a tow truck company who was willing to drive out to Zayn’s place. I called and waited on hold for fifteen minutes, only to be told it will be another hour before they can make it to me.

I ended the call and threw my phone in the passenger seat.

-

It’s been an hour and the tow truck finally came. I got out of my car so that I could speak with the man. “What happened?” He asked.

I studied him briefly before opening my mouth. He looked like he was around his forties, and had shaggy, black hair. He held a cigarette up to his lips and took a long drag out of it.

“There’s a broken key in the ignition.” I explained.

“Alright.” He nodded, blowing smoke towards me.

I shifted uncomfortably and allowed him to have access to my car.

“If you have about ten other cars, why is it necessary this one be fixed right now?” He questioned, grabbing a toolbox.

“They aren’t mine.” I told him.

He made his way towards my car, looking me up and down in the process. Could he be anymore perverted?

He sat inside my car, doing what he does best, while I glanced around, taking in my surroundings. I made eye contact with Zayn who was watching intently from the window. I contemplated on whether or not I should flip him off, but ended up not doing it.

“There, I’ve removed the key.” The tow truck guy, Jackson, said.

“Thank you so much! How much will it cost?” I asked.

“$150.” He nodded.

“Do you take cards? I don’t have that much cash on me.” I frowned.

“I’m sure you and I can work something out.” He smirked, licking his lips.

“You have exactly two minutes to get in that shitty truck and leave before I get rid of you myself.” Zayn said angrily, throwing a wad of cash at the guy.

Jackson shrugged and got inside of the truck, speeding away. “You should have sent him away the minute he showed up.” Zayn muttered.

I ignored him and reached inside of my car, locking the doors and slamming it shut. I turned on my heels and started to walk to the main road. “What’s wrong with your car?” Zayn asked from behind me. I didn’t acknowledge him as I continued to walk.

“If you need a ride, all you have to do is say that.” I heard him say.

“I don’t need you to do anything for me.” I spat, turning to face him.

He just rolled his eyes and I continued to walk up the long path. I dialed Lia’s number and she answered on the third ring.

“Li can you come get me please?” I asked.

“Sky what’s wrong? Tell me what’s going on!” She demanded.

“I’ll tell you once you come get me. Just drive to Zayn’s. I’ll be walking along the main road.” I informed her.

“Don’t be stupid, just stay put. I’m on my way.” She said.

I hung up and continued to walk. Once I reached the end of his driveway, I began to walk down the actual road, clutching onto my phone.

I heard a rustling noise in the woods and my heart stopped, until I realized it was only a deer. A car parked right next to me and I rolled my eyes. I kept walking, and stopped once I was yanked back.

“Leave me alone.” I hissed.

“You’re being ridiculous. It’s getting dark. I’m not letting you walk.” Zayn said.

“Like you care.” I scoffed, rolling my eyes.

“Why do you say these things as if they’re true?”

“We’re not doing this. I don’t care.” I sighed, walking away. I continued to walk down the road.

To my surprise, Lia got here quicker than I thought so I ran to her car and got inside. “Sky what’s wrong?” She questioned.

“I just want to go home.” I sighed.

“No, I’m tired of you always leaving me in the dark. Tell me or I’ll ask him myself.” She threatened.

“We’re just not on good terms at the moment, then I broke the key to my car, and I didn’t want to ask him to break me home.” I explained in one breath.

A/n: Hello everyone, hopefully you all had a lovely Thanksgiving, and if you don't celebrate Thanksgiving, I hope you had a wonderful day off from school! On another note, sorry for my lack of updating, things have been hectic lately. I'm still in the process of moving so yeah! But anyways, please vote and comment! It's important that you vote and comment because it helps the story grow! Ilyasm x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

663K 14.8K 42
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
152K 5.4K 90
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
308K 29K 67
Third book of idol love series... Devotion- "Strongest form of love" All the characters are fictional. There is no connection with the real place or...
120K 6.7K 43
╰┈➤ *⋆❝ 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐢'𝐝 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬 𝐮𝐩 𝐚 𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐩 𝐭𝐨 𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐲? 𝐢 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐤𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐲 �...