Times Three (X3)

By kingbeeseries

AN ORIGINAL TEEN FICTION/ROMANCE/MYSTERY NOVEL. One's dangerous interest in power, status and greed can lead... More

CHAPTER 1 - Douchebags
CHAPTER 2 - Violence
CHAPTER 3 - Gorgeous Mariyah
CHAPTER 4 - Tariq
CHAPTER 5 - Invitation
CHAPTER 6 - Wild
CHAPTER 7 - The Gang
CHAPTER 8 - Blood Types
CHAPTER 9 - 18 Years
CHAPTER 10 - Emotions
CHAPTER 11 - Tattoo
CHAPTER 12 - Truth & Trust
CHAPTER 13 - Secrets
CHAPTER 14 - Stabbed
CHAPTER 15 - Hands Where I Can See Them
CHAPTER 16 - Blueprint
CHAPTER 17 - Kissed
CHAPTER 18 - Fight
CHAPTER 19 - Home Sweet Home
CHAPTER 20 - Illinois
CHAPTER 21 - I'm Yours
CHAPTER 22 - The President's Daughter
CHAPTER 23 - I'm coming back for you
CHAPTER 24 - Jada is back
CHAPTER 25 - The Game
CHAPTER 26 - Cody And Mariyah
CHAPTER 27 - The White House
CHAPTER 28 - My Dad
CHAPTER 29 - Tension In The Room
CHAPTER 30 - Leverage
CHAPTER 31 - Dirty Work
CHAPTER 32 - Hurting
CHAPTER 33 - P.O.V's
CHAPTER 34 - Liars
CHAPTER 35 - Missing Peices
CHAPTER 36 - Prison
CHAPTER 37 - For The Right Price
CHAPTER 38 - Lost You Twice
CHAPTER 39 - I Love You
CHAPTER 40 - Sisters
CHAPTER 41 - Triplets Apart
CHAPTER 42 - Birth Name
CHAPTER 43 - Ugly Witch
CHAPTER 44 - Portrait
CHAPTER 45 - Date Night
CHAPTER 46 - Date Night 2
CHAPTER 47 - Hospital Bed
CHAPTER 48 - Leak Information
CHAPTER 50 - Kissing
CHAPTER 51 - Brunette
CHAPTER 52 - Cheated
CHAPTER 53 - Symbol
CHAPTER 54 - Yes
CHAPTER 55 - Disapprove
CHAPTER 56 - Wedding Or Not
CHAPTER 57 - Patrice
CHAPTER 58 - My Heart Aches
CHAPTER 59 - Apart
CHAPTER 60 - Helium
CHAPTER 61 - Press Conference
CHAPTER 62 - Darker Shades Of Black

CHAPTER 49 - Leave The Nest

44 13 6
By kingbeeseries

Previously On Triplets Apart:
After Mariyah's unfortunate fall, she wakes up a few days later, telling her sister that she'll be home soon. David and Tyrell gets to the root of an issue that came about.

***

Even though I'm relieved that I'm not the source of the media finding out about the President, this still looks really bad. At school, our friends bugged us all week about the photos taken by paparazzi. And on top of that, the awkward exchanges between me, Tariq and Kyrie is enough for one to join a support group.

Who was the anonymous girl seen with the President, why was he trying to hide her?

We have exams before school breaks for summer in a few weeks and it's became more harder than ever to stay focused with all this new attention and questions. The blogs, gossip columns and social networks are going nuts with questions and crazy theories. I can't imagine the havoc going on at the White House, my dad must be overwhelmed and under so much pressure.

It's now the best opportunity to Present an idea that Tariq and I came up with to the President- instead of him speaking of the situation to the world, he should find some possible way to let Rebecca do it instead.

Why? If David reveals the story then it will only look bad on him, but if she does, the people will see her as owning up to her responsibilities. Even though there'll still be a lot of backlash, it will still be better for her name, she'll give up the title of First Lady in dignity even though she doesn't deserves it. And if she gets into trouble with the authorities after this confession, then the only person fit to get her exonerated is the parents of the children themselves.

David and Cameron.

Problem solved.

Apparently, it is now my usual routine to go straight to the White House on Fridays, there's always something happening over there that involves me these days.

Welp... back to reality. I think to myself as Mariyah, Tariq, Cody and I walk inside where we're greeted by the sight of every given candidate of this roller coaster.

Including Rebecca.

"There they are! The remaining two of my beautiful daughters." Dad stands up with wide arms for his traditional hug.

Even Charlotte and Adonis are here, well that's a first..

"Uhh, mom, dad? You're here?" I ask with a sheepish smile to them.

"No honey, it's all in your head." Charlotte mocks, her face forms in a wide grin.

Shaking my head with a smile I hug them all instead of overthinking myself into a coma. Even Paige, then extend my greetings to the other families. My sisters and mom look undeniably beautiful.

I wonder what it's about this time.

Half hour earlier...

"Rebecca, I know what you've done- blackmailing that poor girl to release private information about me, you're very pathetic, you know that?" Rebecca opens her mouth to speak but David waves his palms around to shush her. "And please don't waste my time and insult my intelligence by denying it, I have proof. I didn't call you here to fight or to eat you alive, I simply called you here so we could all end this once and for all."

"What are you saying?" She asks reluctantly, eyes shooting daggers at him.

"My wife, you are going to tell America and the rest of the world the entire story of what you did, everything."

"But David.." She stutters, her heart floats to the pit of your stomach.

"Mr. President!" He corrects her and she looks away. "My dear, please. Aren't you tired of my threats? Do you want to wake up to a cell mate for the rest of your life or do you want to enjoy a early retirement?" She stays in silent anger. "I didn't think so. Now if you know what's best for you, you do the right thing and walk away with your head held high, people will see you as doing the right thing after all you've done. Now, you don't deserve it but I'm still a good man even after spending so many years beside a devil such as yourself. If I make that speech, it will look bad on me and I'll officially come off as the one hurting you but it'll destroy you even more, unless you face the people on your own, be the 'bigger woman'. I'm giving you this chance, take it... or leave it."

Rebecca stays silent, battling with herself internally. Weighing the pros and cons.

"Can't you just just say that you got children that you didn't know about and leave it there?"

"And then I'll be labeled as a cheater? A disloyal husband? Are you serious? What'll make it even worst, is that I'm with Cameron now and thinking about marrying her. I'll come off as the evil husband, I won't take that chance. I won't tarnish my reputation just because you're not grown enough to face your own consequences."

"You're.. you're planning to marry her?" Her brows crinkles.

"God damnit, are you going to cooperate or not?" He snaps as she stretches her arms towards him to calm him.

"Okay, okay! You leave me no choice! But you know after saying all that, I'll walk right into the hands of the cops, right?"

"And if you get incarcerated, then it will take the parents of the triplets to release you of all charges, Cameron and I. Yes, we will do it. Now, please leave my office, I need to talk to Tyrell."

She opens her mouth to say something but David quickly stops her. "And if you say thank you, I'll change my mind and let you rot in prison, get the hell out. I'll be down in a few minutes." He says carelessly as she does as told.

"And if you know what's good for you, you better make that apology sound as sincere as possible, as impossible as that may sound!" Tyrell shouts for her to hear right after she slams the door shut.

***

"What are we going to do André?" Victoria, Phoebe's mom asks her husband.

"I don't know sweetheart." He replies, taking her palms in his.

"I can't just give her up. I can't just.. let Phoebe go like that."

"Vic, that man is the President. You remembered what he said the first time we came here? He said we weren't in any trouble but our decision after his statement would certainly decide that. Do you know what that means? He'll send us away if we don't give him what he wants; his child. His child, Vic. The one we accepted illegally." He says as she turns away from him, a tear traveling down her face.

Victoria is always the more emotional one.

"So what now? We just give up our daughter we raised for 18 years? 18 years, André!"

"Well it's either that or our lives get destroyed, all we've worked for will be for nothing, we don't have much of a choice. We'll always love Phoebe but this is best for everyone." He grabs her waist and spins her back to face him. "We have three other kids, our kids." He motions his index back and forth between him and her.

"And that makes it okay?" She asks before burying her face in his chest crying as he rocks her gently.

***

"I still can't accept the reality that this is happening." Gabrielle, Amber's Mom says to Jordan, Amber's dad.

"Everything will be okay my love." He assures her.

"I know it will." She smiles.

"I thought you'd be more.. broken up about it, Gabby."

"I mean.. we knew what debts we got ourselves into from the start. I guess life just circled around the block like a boomerang to collect." She shrugs, now frowning.

"She's our only child..." He says as Gabrielle smiles and hugs him immediately.

***

"I want everyone to know that there's no words to describe how deeply sorry I am for everything that's happened. I've inflicted a lot of pain and confusion to all your lives and to correct my wrongs, I'll be speaking publicly at a press conference, a date soon to be decided on. To take the bad name off the president's hands, I'll come clean about the whole thing, apologize and hope that the United States and most importantly you guys can forgive me." Rebecca states which takes everyone aback in their seats. David and Tyrell nod at each other.

Huh? Did she just say that?

I glance over at Tariq who is already looking at me through side eyes, a smirk on his face. We share a smile, that was our exact idea.

"I know the things I said before was somewhat insensitive. I said what I said out of hurt but also out of love. The last thing I want is to do is force anyone into making drastic decisions, so this is what will happen." The president clears his throat, everyone carefully listening. "The girls are all 18, soon to be 19, which means they're all adults. So I thought instead of ambushing them with life changing actions, we should just let them decide what they want to do. I mean.. come to think of it, we haven't even given them a chance to share their own thoughts, and the whole situation is actually about them, right?"

He has a point.

"Girls, it's up to you to decide what you'll do." My dad adds finally. "You can take all the time you need to decide."

They all depart, leaving us girls alone in the room. We reasoned for about half an hour, a very rough half hour prior to resuming the conversation with our parents.

"So uh.. we've made up our minds?" I nervously interlock my fingers as Cameron smiles. "Firstly, to the people that adopted us, I hope you all know that we'll forever love you, right?"

I receive a few proud nods with tears of both joy and hurt. "And you all know that at some point the birds will all have to leave the nests, right?" More nods and smiles. "Maybe this is our time to leave the nests." I smile sheepishly with a hopeful chuckle to hold back my tears. "I am not saying that we're leaving you... I'm saying that as sisters, better yet triplets, we owe it to ourselves to develop the bond we never get to share." Rebecca looks at the floor, but guilt is probably the last thing she's feeling.

"So for the sake of sisterhood, we've all decided to move to the White House." The 15 words that causes the air to thicken in the room. "We'd like the chance of a real family and we have not long to do so before we're fully out in the world." The words finally leave my lips as I watch the expressions on each person's face.

God, why did they choose me to speak? Speaking in front of people is so not my specialty.

Cameron is obviously happy as she scowls and clasps her palms together. Victoria is obviously sad but Gabrielle is still smiling sadly. Out of everyone, I thought she'd be the one to take this the hardest being that Amber is their only child.

"I'm not saying we're leaving you for good, we'll be home often but that'll be very hectic. We'll never forget you and that's why we'd like for you all to move to America. We all could still be a family." I smile hopefully as they all get looks of relief but still a bit overwhelmed.

"Now I know this won't be easy at all, to ask of such thing, we're literally asking you to move your whole lives here, your businesses, everything. These decisions are extremely big and you don't have to migrate. But for the sake of your daughters, it'll really mean a lot.. please.. think about it. And if you choose not to, that's also fine, the girls and I have enough resources to visit often."

Yes, Amber and Phoebe agreed to move their businesses to America, it won't be easy but it would definitely be better for their careers, especially that they're legally going to become the president's kids soon. Also the parents can still own their homes back in Brazil and France, to visit whenever.

"Wow, this is.. a lot." Gabrielle searches for words.

"We want to be with each other, with our real family." I reference to the girls and I. "But we still love you guys, how can we not? We didn't want to ask of such massive changes but we don't want to be apart from you either. We want us all to do what it takes to find a way for us all to be close. We'll always be your daughters too." My eyes are pleading. They all nod in understanding.

"Don't worry about it darling. I'm sure we can do whatever we can to make it work." Gabrielle speaks up with a hopeful smile.

"And mom? I know that you'll practically be alone now so that's why I want you close by so I can see you often and spend time with you when I can." Amber tells her mom, Gabrielle, as she takes her palm in hers.

"Don't worry baby girl, I won't be alone."

"Right, you have dad."

"And the twins." Gabrielle smiles.. not a smile mixed with hurt but a full on, genuine smile.

"Huh?"

"Twins. I'm pregnant with twins." A tear of only joy finally leaves her eye.

This is why she wasn't entirely sad, will you look at that.

"What?" Amber squeals from excitement as she hugs her mother but remembers that she's pregnant so she recoils a little.

"You're pregnant?" Jordan, apparently was completely oblivious to this.

"I'm pregnant." She nods with a scowl and he kisses her lips followed by a hug, happiness and joy clear in his eyes.

"Well I'll be God damned." Dad and I utter simultaneously as we glance at each other and chuckle at our mutual phrase.

The room gets filled with a series of cheers, tears of joy and smiles. Well this turned out better than expected. Just when Gabby's only child was about to leave the nest, God blesses her with two more!

***

Omg!!

Remember to vote, comment and recommend!

Don't read silently, that's wack. Leave your thoughts!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 43.1K 70
Highest Ranking: #3 fiction "What were you going to say to her?" He looks down at me. "That we're not in love." I say in a duh tone. He smiles and l...
20.1K 1K 61
NEEDS EDITING Introduction: Stereotypically, girls are portrayed as shy and scared to talk to boys. WELL GUESS WHAT! That's not 100% true, boys get...
110 10 17
Six long time friends, six different stories, but one goal. To become successful adults and graduate college with their friendships and lives intact...
190K 8K 67
Book Three of the Breaking Jessa Series It's been two years since Jessa Miller left the suburbs of Ohio to pursue her music career, leaving her famil...