Times Three (X3)

By kingbeeseries

AN ORIGINAL TEEN FICTION/ROMANCE/MYSTERY NOVEL. One's dangerous interest in power, status and greed can lead... More

CHAPTER 1 - Douchebags
CHAPTER 2 - Violence
CHAPTER 3 - Gorgeous Mariyah
CHAPTER 4 - Tariq
CHAPTER 5 - Invitation
CHAPTER 6 - Wild
CHAPTER 7 - The Gang
CHAPTER 8 - Blood Types
CHAPTER 10 - Emotions
CHAPTER 11 - Tattoo
CHAPTER 12 - Truth & Trust
CHAPTER 13 - Secrets
CHAPTER 14 - Stabbed
CHAPTER 15 - Hands Where I Can See Them
CHAPTER 16 - Blueprint
CHAPTER 17 - Kissed
CHAPTER 18 - Fight
CHAPTER 19 - Home Sweet Home
CHAPTER 20 - Illinois
CHAPTER 21 - I'm Yours
CHAPTER 22 - The President's Daughter
CHAPTER 23 - I'm coming back for you
CHAPTER 24 - Jada is back
CHAPTER 25 - The Game
CHAPTER 26 - Cody And Mariyah
CHAPTER 27 - The White House
CHAPTER 28 - My Dad
CHAPTER 29 - Tension In The Room
CHAPTER 30 - Leverage
CHAPTER 31 - Dirty Work
CHAPTER 32 - Hurting
CHAPTER 33 - P.O.V's
CHAPTER 34 - Liars
CHAPTER 35 - Missing Peices
CHAPTER 36 - Prison
CHAPTER 37 - For The Right Price
CHAPTER 38 - Lost You Twice
CHAPTER 39 - I Love You
CHAPTER 40 - Sisters
CHAPTER 41 - Triplets Apart
CHAPTER 42 - Birth Name
CHAPTER 43 - Ugly Witch
CHAPTER 44 - Portrait
CHAPTER 45 - Date Night
CHAPTER 46 - Date Night 2
CHAPTER 47 - Hospital Bed
CHAPTER 48 - Leak Information
CHAPTER 49 - Leave The Nest
CHAPTER 50 - Kissing
CHAPTER 51 - Brunette
CHAPTER 52 - Cheated
CHAPTER 53 - Symbol
CHAPTER 54 - Yes
CHAPTER 55 - Disapprove
CHAPTER 56 - Wedding Or Not
CHAPTER 57 - Patrice
CHAPTER 58 - My Heart Aches
CHAPTER 59 - Apart
CHAPTER 60 - Helium
CHAPTER 61 - Press Conference
CHAPTER 62 - Darker Shades Of Black

CHAPTER 9 - 18 Years

64 21 2
By kingbeeseries

Previously On Triplets Apart:
Jada rushes to the hospital and gets tested for the transplant. She now finds out that she's not a match and while at it, she also finds out that she's a completely different blood type from her parents which is now leading her in suspicions that she might not be her parents biological child.

***

Photo - Paige.

***

Alone in my house, I lay in bed, staring at nothing specific. I'm unsure of what I'm actually thinking, a lot of different thoughts spiralling around in my mind, making it impossible to focus on one thing at a time. I just stare at the ceiling.

Hmm, what a nice ceiling..

As an idea comes to mind, I head into my parents room and begin to search. Not sure of what I'm looking for but I only know I need answers. Answers to what? I don't know but I need them.

Pulling out drawers, shuffling through brief cases, going through the closet.. I'm basically turning the room upside down, but carefully putting it back to the way it was.

I stand in the middle of the insanely huge room, clueless and hopeless. I deflate, lowering myself to the floor Indian style. I have no idea where else to look or what to do next.

My father always taught me, in any given situation, never stress too much and simply stop to think out of the box and be vigilant, never let personal emotions get in the way of the mission.

I steady my thoughts then stand to my feet, taking a closer look around the room. As I stride by the walls, I run my fingers against it in deep focus. To find my father's secret, I'll have to think like him, outside the box.

My hand stops against a painting before my eyes zero in on it. After listening to my intuition, I slowly shift it a little to the side.

The voices in my head are most times annoying but definitely never wrong.

Well, what do you know, there is a safe.

I gaze at it then a smirk makes it way to the edge of my lips. I try a bunch of different combinations until I get it right.

Of course its Paige's year of birth.

As I scan inside the safe, I take a deep breath and exhale. There're bunches of money inside here, jewelry and a large envelope. I remove the envelope and start towards the California king bed. I sit here, blankly staring at the envelope in y hand.

I tap my finger against the envelope repeatedly as my legs shake in anxiety. Should I really open this envelope? Whatever is inside could be nothing.

Jada, whatever is inside this envelope could change your entire life, do you really want that?

Yes.

No.

I quickly open it, just to get it over with. There're a few papers inside which I pull out, scanning across them with my eyes.

Upon closer observation, these are adoption papers.

I look away for a few seconds, release another breath that hitched in my chest then retreat back to reading.

The child's name on it is actually mine.

Trying to contain myself, I continue to search the papers for more information. I'm not seeing any sign of a biological mother or father's name, neither is there a name of an adoption agency or agent on here. All I'm seeing here are my adopted parents name, Charlotte White and Adonis White. Something is not right.

Did I just refer to Charlotte and Adonis as my adopted parents?

On the bottom of the last paper, is a small signature. I take a closer look at it. That is not any of my parents signature. I open my phone then capture a picture of the signature. I also take some more pictures of the entire papers for further insurance so I don't have to dismantle my parents room without them knowing again. I already feel bad for being in here without their presence.

A door slams shut downstairs then I quickly put the papers back together and back in the envelope. I run quietly to the safe and place the envelope exactly how I found it before closing the safe and move swiftly to the door to exit the room. As I come up to the door, I'm greeted by the sight of my dad.

"Dad. Hey." I say with a crooked smile.

"What are you doing in here?" He asks pushing pass me.

"I was.. looking for you guys."

"Oh, okay." He says removing his leather shoes.

"Sweetheart!" A voice beams from behind. I turn around, immediately walking into a bone breaking hug from my mom.

"Hey." I breathe. "Mom? Dying?" I manage to say before she releases me. I immediately leave the room.

"Honey! How was your first week?" She calls out.

"Good!" I shout, pacing in my room quickly.

My steps halt again, seeing Paige standing in front of me in the hallway, looking more beautiful than ever as I take in her appearance, not one sign of sickness.

How many people lives in this house? I keep running into someone else.

"Sup baby sis?" She grins her cheeky smile.

"Yes." I say calmly prior to realizing that my answer made no sense.

We share a weird eye contact with each other before she cracks a weird smile, not knowing what to say next but I remain composed.

"How are you?" I ask in a serious tone.

"I'm perf! You? Met any boys?" She wiggles her brows. I scoff in disgust then walk away to my room.

"Hello?!" She calls out, I ignore, shutting my door behind me.

I rest my back against the door then stooping down slowly.. bringing my knees up against my chest and my arms around my legs. Closing my eyes, I settle the back of my head against the door.

Tariq sends me a text with the address and time for the game, I ignore him once more.

After a few minutes, I get up to go outside. I need some fresh air. I open my door with the intention to go to the pool. When I get downstairs, everyone is down here in the living room.

"By the way.." I start, gathering their attention. "The doctor called." They all get this look on their faces but I make sure that they can't read me.

"Wh..what did she.. what did they say?" Mom stutters. Knowing that it's definitely the female doctor but quickly acts like she's unaware of who called.

"It's about Paige." I can tell the seriousness of my tone has them on edge and I'm slightly enjoying it. I take a glimpse at Paige, she swallows and hugs her body slightly. The look on their faces, they're all worried that I might know.

"Did... they tell you what it's about?" Worry evident in Paige's voice.

"No." I say in a rested tone. I can sense the relief on them, just by saying no. "They just wanted to speak to Paige." I lie.

"Uhm.. honey, we're going to swing by the hospital to like.. check it out. Paige wasn't well the other day so I'm going to bring her down there now."

"What is wrong with Paige?" I ask.

"Just... could be nothing." Mom replies.

I smile knowingly. "Can I come?"

"Oh, naahh, pssh.. don't trouble yourself." Paige says as I redirect my eyeballs back on her directly and she folds her lips in worry. She seems to forget that I know her each and every gesture and the meanings towards each of them. How she folds her lips after she lies, hoping that I buy it.

"Okay." I simply say, turning away immediately.

I sit on a chair by the pool trying to relax my mind and embrace the gentle breeze blowing against my face. I unlock my phone slowly to scroll through the pictures I took and reflect.

It all makes sense now. My family knows that I wouldn't be a match to Paige, I wouldn't be a match to any of them. They are so careful to keep this adoption a secret that they wouldn't even risk it by telling me about Paige. Paige might've not told me because she wouldn't accept a kidney from me, she might've not wanted to hurt me, but it hurts more by hiding it. That might be Paige's reason for not telling me but my parent's agendas are far beyond that.

I think back on the looks on their faces.. how they all sat there, looked me in the eyes and lied to my face. I gave them an open chance to come clean but they dodged the bait.

18. 18 years of living inside of a lie. I wonder what else around me is concealed with secrets. In less than 24 hours, I discovered that I'm adopted and my sister has renal kidney failure. All of which was hidden from me. I feel the need to cry but no tears come.

I need to keep my composure, I have a hell of a lot work to do.

***

Get ready people, the story officially starts now.
Remember to vote!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3K 1.8K 62
"No way!" I gasped, unable to contain my bewilderment. "Surprise, surprise." "I should've known." "Known what? your stupidity? Naivety?ignorance?" ...
173K 4.2K 40
Life goes on. I'm no longer the same person as before. For what's worth, I did it all myself with no help. I'm a well-known therapist now. The hard...
185K 7.9K 67
Book Three of the Breaking Jessa Series It's been two years since Jessa Miller left the suburbs of Ohio to pursue her music career, leaving her famil...
108 10 17
Six long time friends, six different stories, but one goal. To become successful adults and graduate college with their friendships and lives intact...