Secrets Of Our Own

By pumafiction

You should keep secrets from your best friend... (avenger fanfiction) Peter and you start becoming close... More

Important!
Chapter one: Visions
Chapter Two: New Home
Chapter Three: New Avenger
Chapter Four: Spiderman
Chapter Five: The Team
Chapter Six: Mission
Chapter Seven: Poision
Chapter Eight: Nurse Fritz
Chapter Nine: The Park
Chapter Ten: Man Behind The Mask
Chapter Eleven: Dead Battery
Chapter Twelve: Heat Waves
Chapter Thirteen: shot
Chapter Fourteen: Classroom Danger
Chapter Fifteen : Rescue
Chapter Sixteen: Let's Talk.
Chapter Seventeen: Let's Do This, Spiderman
Chapter Eighteen: The Fight
Chapter Nineteen: Truth Comes Out
Chapter Twenty: Futera it is
Chapter Twenty One: Strange days
Chapter Twenty Two: Bad Vibes
Chapter Twenty Three: Night Was Ours
Chapter Twenty Four: Dedicated Mission
Chapter Twenty Five: Steel man
Chapter Twenty Six: It'll work out
Chapter Twenty Seven: Gotten Worse
Chapter Twenty Eight: Need More
Chapter Twenty Nine: Bar
Chapter Thirty: Scans of the Heart
Chapter Thirty One: The Serum
Chapter Thirty Two: Strange Place
IMPORTANT
Ladies and Gentlemen
This is The Moment
Waiting Patiently
Get Ready
You May
Chapter Thirty Three: Dagger
Chapter Thirty Four: The Visit
Chapter Thirty Six: Already Gone
Chapter Thirty Seven: Agent Cooper
Chapter Thirty Eight: Hanging by the Tree
Chapter Thirty Nine: Missed You
Chapter Forty: Looks Good
Chapter Forty One: Getting Suspicious
Chapter Fourty Two: Secrets of Our Own
Credits
It's official!

Chapter Thirty Five: Ropeman

622 19 1
By pumafiction

The suit sprang out and moulded to his body. He walked to the window and slid it open quietly then jumped out.

He webbed across town in search of something abnormal that caused his senses to go viral.

He heard the screams of the pedestrians on the main street - the center of Queens.

     Peter made his way there as quickly as possible and looked down at the disruption.

There was a man with black hair- the same style of Peter's, but not as long at the top. He stood in the center of the road while the some people coward behind cars, others standing as far away from him as possible. The pedestrians had been standing far away from him, eyeing him immensely as if he were poisonous to be near. As vehicles drove down the road, they pulled over, curious to see what was happening.

But never mind the people, Peter focused on the man at the center of attention. Peter dropped himself down about 20 feet and stuck himself to an apartment wall building to get a view of him.

     The man wore an unzipped black leather jacket and light - brown leather pants with several pockets down the sides of it. It reminded Peter of Agent Romenov, how she had a natural look of a badass spy. Though, the jacket made quite the fashion statement.

Peter was shocked to see a rope in the man's hand. It was like a lasso that a cowboy would have, but it was a dark red colour.

"Look!" Someone from the ground pointed up to where Peter was now standing on a balcony, overlooking everything.

The man turned and looked straight at Peter as if he could sense that he was already there.

So much for a sneak attack.

Peter put his hands on the balcony's railing and looked down at the man for a few seconds, thinking of his next move. He jumped up and swung his feet over and flung himself across the street.

     Halfway through he glanced down at the man who lassoed his rope around his head and threw it up.

There was no way it'd be able to reach up to Peter's level, let alone aim straight at him while he's moving. But just as he was about to attach himself to another wall, the next thing he knew, he'd felt something wrap around his ankle.

It all happened in one quick second. Peter looked down at the man who had a hold of the rope, staring up at Peter. Peter was just inches from the wall but the rope yanked his leg down, causing Peter to lose his balance and stability. Because of this, he tumbled down to the ground.

Peter was going to attempt to shoot out a web as he passed each balcony but it all happened so fast he hadn't even had a chance to think.

     Peter fell onto the hard, cemented road landing on his right knee and taking a tumble, rolling a few times before he came to a stop and groaned. He layed for a second and let a small groan escape his mouth.

Vodka threatened to leave his stomach that he'd consumed earlier.

"Tired already, Spiderboy?" The man laughed. Peter heard footsteps approach him and he saw the man's head hover over him.

"Just getting warmed up" Peter grinted his teeth from the throbbing pain in his knee.

     "I've been looking forward to meeting you." He smiled with straight white teeth. He wasn't the bad guy looking type. He was a fair-haired man with thick black lashes and dark blue eyes. A few freckles crawled across his nose. He'd been clean shaved, giving his appearance more of a baby- like face.

Peter sat back with his elbows and sat up.

The man raised his hands defensively. "I just want to talk, kid." His rope had now been attached to his belt. It was a lot shorter looking than it had to have been to reach him so high.

Peter caught his one hand slip behind his back. He rapidly pulled out a dagger from- what must've been in his back pocket.

He lunged at Peter but Peter did a roll to the side. Peter frowned. "I don't speak kill language. And why are you terrorizing people?"

The man turned to Peter with his brows furrowed. "I truly didn't want to," he shook his head. "But I had to get your attention."

"Why?"

"Because you're bait."

     By this point, the man had lunged at Peter again. Peter jumped up and sprung out a web at him but the fair-haired man sidestepped it and did a 360 while grabbing his rope and throwing the whole rope at Peter.

Peter had gotten caught up in it around his midsection, with his arms trapped against his sides. He fidgeted with the ropes. "Seriously, what did I do? And what the heck is this? This rope is a Supernatural sequence isn't it?" He procrastinated his plot to escape.

"Karen!" Peter cried out trying to balance himself on one leg. "Call Happy!"

Calling happy she said

A few seconds later, Happy's voice filled Peter's ears through his mask. "What do you want kid?"

"Happy!" Peter said gladly. "There's this man! He's got a rope! I don't know his name so I call him rope man! And he shot his cowboy rope up at me-"

"Peter," Happy interrupted sighing. "Tell the rope man that I say hi. Also- keep off the booze."

"Happy-"

Call ended

"Thanks, Karen." Peter sulked.

You're welcome.

Peter looked at the rope man who had been standing with his eyes squinted as if he were exploring Peter's every secret just looking in Peter's eyes. He had been taller than Peter by a few inches but his body weight fit perfectly with his height making him look average height.

Peter had no intentions of standing with the pain shooting through his leg though, he couldn't fight while he was injured like this.
Peter thought about the man's point of view and realized that he'd sort of looked like a psychopath talking to his conscious.

Peter had tried not to reveal his emotion of accomplishment to him as he managed to free one of his hands enough that he knew he could fire a web.

"What's your name?"

"Oh where are my manners," he smiled crossing his arms and looked at Peter.

"You don't have any." Peter smiled under his mask. "That's what makes you a bad guy." Peter shot a web at the man.

Peter hit his target, being his hands, making them stick together

The man scowled. Peter took that moment to fiddle with the rope to find either side of it but he couldn't. There wasn't one.

Peter scowled at the man then raised his brows.
He watched the man make a move he's never seen before. He kicked his foot up behind him, to where his knife had been in his back pocket. The knife had fallen out from his pocket but before it hit the ground, he stepped to the side and let the knife hit his foot- blade facing up- where it bounced up to about his face level in front of him and caught the butt on the blade in his mouth.

It was as though Peter had been witnessing a skilled soccer move.

     He leaned forward and caught it in his mouth then he drove the blade part down to his hands, slicing the webbed part in half. "Ouch." He gasped dropping the knife from his mouth but then grasping it mid-air with his, now free hands.

Peter's mouth was now wide open in amazement. "Man, that was so cool! Where'd you learn a move like that?"

"Tell me where she is and I'll think about telling you." He flicked his wrist at Peter and the rope fell from  his body and flew towards the man. He settled the rope in his buckle as if he'd finished the battle with Peter.

Peter leaned against a fire hydrant and looked around at all the puzzled faces. "Tell me who you are and maybe I'll tell you where your girl is."

Peter had no idea who she was, though he didn't actually know who he was either or why he was attacking Peter, to begin with.

"Listen, I don't want to hurt you more than you already are." He pointed to Peter's knee.

Peter looked down. "Oh, this? It's probably nothing. Tough fall... 30ft high..." Peter dozed off remembering the extreme pain that was shooting up his leg.

The man smiled. "Why don't we go somewhere and talk privately."

Peter looked around at all the people with their phones out. He knew he'd be on the news tomorrow. He rolled his eyes through his mask and looked up on top of an apartment building. "There." He pointed standing straighter.

The man glanced up and looked back at Peter slyly before grabbing his rope and waving it around his head and tossed it to the railing on top of the building. Peter admired just how much the rope had stretched to reach the top of the 50ft building. He pulled himself up with no effort.

Peter webbed himself up just as easily.

When Peter landed on the building, he did a summer salt and landed softly on his opposite knee. The man arrived a few seconds after.

"Okay," Peter said standing. "Let's talk."

The man stuck up his nose, looking confident. "Yes, Peter. Let's talk."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5K 131 7
After a fight with her brother the reader finds herself hitchhiking during a thunderstorm to get home. When the storm takes a turn for the worse she'...
399K 12K 93
Theresa Murphy, singer-songwriter and rising film star, best friends with Conan Gray and Olivia Rodrigo. Charles Leclerc, Formula 1 driver for Ferrar...
1.2M 26.3K 26
[COMPLETED] (Y/n) Stark is one of the most powerful in the world. This sounds great, yet has insane consequences. How will she deal with the massive...
3.5K 129 26
/// Everybody watched in awe as an irresistible gorgeous girl walked out of the doors of great hall. /// Y/n Goldmoon was a transfer student from Ame...