A Flower in the Dark [EDITING]

By an_unwrittensoul

[COMPLETE] You have heard of the Greek gods, Persephone and Hades. Of their twisted love story where Hades ki... More

Greetings
Dedication
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
*Chapter 5*
*Chapter 6*
*Chapter 7*
*Chapter 8*
*Chapter 9*
*Chapter 11*
*Chapter 13*
*Chapter 14*
*Chapter 15*
*Chapter 16*
*Chapter 17*
*Chapter 18*
*Chapter 19*
*Chapter 20*
*Chapter 20*
*Chapter 21*
*Chapter 22*
*Chapter 23*
*Chapter 24*
*Chapter 25*
*Chapter 26*
*Chapter 27*
*Chapter 28*
*Chapter 29*
*Chapter 30*
*Chapter 31*
*Chapter 32*
*Chapter 33*
Epilouge
Ending Author Note.
A Thank You Note
Playlist
2nd book

*Chapter 12*

1.5K 49 3
By an_unwrittensoul

When I woke up the next morning Hades met me at my door with breakfast and a diamond. It wasn't in the shape of a crown, like I had on the other day, it was just a hunk of rock.

A pretty hunk of rock, it was a deep purple colored diamond that sparkled when it moved slightly. I bet if I sold it in the market I would make a pretty penny.

Speaking of crowns, Hades wore the crown I made him during dinner yesterday. The boys made fun of him and Hecate's eyes were wide with an emotion I couldn't quite understand. It made me happy that he kept it on for the rest of the day.

I wore my crown too and it was now resting on my bathroom counter.

I invited Hades into my room and gestured for him to sit in the couch in the corner, "Thanks for the diamond. It's gorgeous."

"Like yo-" He stopped speaking his eyes wide. A slight blush formed on his cheeks as he cleared his throat. "It reminded me of these pretty flowers that grow on Olympus so I thought you might like it."

My eyebrows furrowed together in confusion at his stutter, was he going to say like you?

It sure sounded like it.

I nodded in understanding before giving a wave of my hand. A bundle of Jankaea heldreichii, the flower that Hades was talking about appeared in his lap.

"What brings you to my door this fine morning with a muffin and a diamond?" I asked as I took a bite of the chocolate muffin that was warm.

I moaned softly from the taste of it and went to take another bite. My cheeks bloomed red once I realized the sound I just made. It sounded very...sexual.

Way to embarrass your self, Kore! He's going to think your some weird freak with a food fetish.

Chocolate muffins are my absolute favorite. My mother would make them once a week, the taste of these muffins kinda reminded me of home.

This made me a little sad seeing as I wasn't home or going home anytime soon. The progress on finding my way out was...non-existent.

My mother hasn't returned any of my messages and Hermes is very tight-lipped when he comes back from mail delivery.

"Well...uh I kinda realized last night that I just left you on your own with no sense of direction or anything. Sorry." Hades said sheepishly, scratching the back of his head.

"It's okay," I said with a smile.

"Anyways I thought I'd show you around, give you a tour. Maybe you get to meet Minthe."

"Who?" I asked as we began walking down the hall. I paused in my step as I remembered who Minthe was. "You want me to meet your girlfriend? Isn't she going to be, I don't know angry or jealous that you're hanging out with me?"

I learned about Minthe at dinner last night. Apparently, no one in the dinner group really likes her and from the way Hades talked about her, it didn't seem like he was too fond of her either.

"No. Despite what the others say Minthe isn't bad, shes just extra needy sometimes and sometimes possessive but it's okay." Haded said. "And she's not my girlfriend... we are just friends.

With benefits.

I, of course, didn't say this out loud.

"Oh? Well, then I can't wait to meet her." I said with a suppressed smile.

Lies.

I felt my stomach twist. Colorful flowers popped up at my feet meaning an assortment of things-most of them being jealous, confusion, and rage?

I don't know why I was feeling rage and jealousy-I had nothing to be jealous of.

From the look that Hades gave me I must have been portraying my emotions because he looked at me like I had flowers growing out of my head, which could be a possibility.

As soon as he turned his back I quickly gave a part of my curls to ensure there was nothing there. I let out a sigh of relief when I didn't feel any petals or twigs.

"In the underworld, the halls accommodate to your needs, at least in the palace they do. Sometimes the halls will move around based on emotions and sometimes they move to a destination that you think of." Hades explained as we moved down the hall.

That explains the constant changing yesterday.

As it turned out the halls were just being rude and I wasn't in my own personal hell.

As we passed through the hall random passageway doors appeared and disappeared. Finally, we stopped in front of a giant wooden oak door.

I think even if Hades gives me a map, an audio recording of directions and had someone escort me for the next week I would still get lost.

It would better if I become a hobbit and never leave my room for the rest of my stay. At least then I don't have to worry about a lot of things.

Hades nudged the door open with his foot, ushering me in.  We walked into a room that was fit for a king. Upon looking to my right I realized it was for a king, a giant throne that looked like it was carved of night itself sat upon a dais to the right.

A dark golden color carpet led up the stairs to the throne. Everything in the room practically screamed Hades. If Hades was a room this is what I imagined he would look like. The floor was an off white color with swirls of gold and red in it. The floors glimmered under the large arching windows that surrounded us.

"Wow," I said in awe as I took it all in.

Out of the big 3, Hades definitely had the best throne room. I mean sure Zeus and Poseidon's throne rooms were magnificent too with their chairs made of coral and glass and crackling lighting, but nothing compared to the beauty that was Hades.

"The throne room, the room I hate the most in this palace." Hades mused as he flicked a piece of invisible dirt off the dark grey wall.

For some reason, the fact that I was staying in the palace of the underworld didn't click until Hades said that.

I truly am stupid.

I gaped at him like a fish breathing in air. I honestly don't know where I thought I was staying.

A spare house of my pure imagination?

"Are you okay?" Hades asked looking at me weirdly.

Way to go Kore. Way to freak him out.

Gods I  need mental help.

"Uh yep.. I am totally completely- oh!" I yelped as the stand that I had been casually leaning on fell over, taking me with it.

I waited for the sudden impact of hitting the ground and making an even bigger fool of myself but it never came.

Instead, I was floating in the air, my hair was floating like Medusa with her snakes.

I'd like to imagine that I looked elegant, but in all fairness, I probably looked like a giant fool.

Hades was looking at me with an amused look on his face. He blinked and I felt myself being placed on my feet.

"Thank you," I said.

Hades simply nodded before gesturing towards his throne, "Wanna try it?"

"Try it? As in sit on your throne?" I questioned not quite sure that I heard him right. Most people aren't willing to let others sit on their thrones.

 I know Zeus would smite you before he let you even touch his throne.

Hades nodded, a small smile on his face "Go ahead."

Like an over-excited child, I ran for the throne and threw my self onto it. The throne was composed of obsidian that was carved into skulls and swirling patterns. On the back part of the throne right above my head was a crown sharp, composed of sharp long pieces of dark ruby.

When the light shined down on them they shared an eerie resemblance to the color of the pomegranate that locked me here.

All of a sudden I didn't feel so happy anymore. In fa I felt sad and sick that I was here. Which made me feel horrible because everybody here so far was so nice to me. I feel like a jerk for not liking my stay here.

Hades was doing everything in his power to make sure I was happy and felt comfortable but I just felt homesick.

And sad...incredibly sad.

I stood up from the throne and gave Hades a thin smile and said, "Let's continue the tour shall we?"

2/28/2020
78/1

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

157K 5.4K 33
a retelling of the tale of persephone and hades --- highest rankings - #1 in greek, god, greek mythology, hades, hecate, olympus --- ❝she wore silk d...
4.8K 218 37
Love is different for everyone Humans find love in the simple things, such as afternoon strolls, weddings and sunset kisses Waiting for their other...
14.1K 346 37
Isolation can be devastating. But love...can destroy everything around you. For Persephone, isolation is being kept under the suffocating gaze of h...
194K 6.3K 45
When the Goddess of Spring had successfully escaped the Underworld, The King of the Dead was determined on finding her. In order for her to start a n...