Secrets Of Our Own

By pumafiction

You should keep secrets from your best friend... (avenger fanfiction) Peter and you start becoming close... More

Important!
Chapter one: Visions
Chapter Two: New Home
Chapter Three: New Avenger
Chapter Four: Spiderman
Chapter Five: The Team
Chapter Six: Mission
Chapter Seven: Poision
Chapter Eight: Nurse Fritz
Chapter Nine: The Park
Chapter Ten: Man Behind The Mask
Chapter Eleven: Dead Battery
Chapter Twelve: Heat Waves
Chapter Thirteen: shot
Chapter Fourteen: Classroom Danger
Chapter Fifteen : Rescue
Chapter Sixteen: Let's Talk.
Chapter Seventeen: Let's Do This, Spiderman
Chapter Eighteen: The Fight
Chapter Nineteen: Truth Comes Out
Chapter Twenty: Futera it is
Chapter Twenty One: Strange days
Chapter Twenty Two: Bad Vibes
Chapter Twenty Three: Night Was Ours
Chapter Twenty Five: Steel man
Chapter Twenty Six: It'll work out
Chapter Twenty Seven: Gotten Worse
Chapter Twenty Eight: Need More
Chapter Twenty Nine: Bar
Chapter Thirty: Scans of the Heart
Chapter Thirty One: The Serum
Chapter Thirty Two: Strange Place
IMPORTANT
Ladies and Gentlemen
This is The Moment
Waiting Patiently
Get Ready
You May
Chapter Thirty Three: Dagger
Chapter Thirty Four: The Visit
Chapter Thirty Five: Ropeman
Chapter Thirty Six: Already Gone
Chapter Thirty Seven: Agent Cooper
Chapter Thirty Eight: Hanging by the Tree
Chapter Thirty Nine: Missed You
Chapter Forty: Looks Good
Chapter Forty One: Getting Suspicious
Chapter Fourty Two: Secrets of Our Own
Credits
It's official!

Chapter Twenty Four: Dedicated Mission

1.5K 51 31
By pumafiction

*y/n's POV*

He's still not here.

We all sat at the conference table. Everyone. Every superhero I would've dreamt of meeting a year ago. Now they're here. But I can't reveal my identity.

We were each assigned a position in this mission but I was left out. Did Fury forget about me?

When he finished his speech, he stood up and rested his elbows on the back of his chair.

"And you, Futera." He gave me an intimidating glare. "You're sitting this one out."

Everyone turned their eyes towards me and I lowered the hood of the cloak. I'd self-cautiously slapped myself in the face for making a scene.

"Actually-" Fury waved his hand. "I think, if you don't mind, we could use your... Telepathicness... Future teller abilities."

I nodded in agreement. People began chatting with each other as they stood up and left the room to retrieve their weapons.

Only half of everyone had left when we were interrupted by Peter stumbling in the room with his mask on. "Guys, I'm sorry! Mr. Stark," he looked at Tony now. "I just had school and then I had to get Fabia's message and then I had to swing across-"

"Okay, kid," Tony said standing up. "Meetings over anyways."

"Wait!" He turned around to follow Tony as Tony walked past him. He pushed a button on his wrist and his mask folded down into the suit. "The meeting's over? But I just got here?"

"Yeah." He looked down plainly. "And now it's over."

Peter sulked.

I followed Nat out of the conference room but I caught Peters eyes on me during the process.

"Are you sure you're up for this mission?" Nat asked as she raised her foot on the other side of the bench I was sitting on, changing into tall black boots.

"I can pull it off..." I fiddled with the waist laces of the cloak. "I mean, my abilities have become weird lately. But yeah, I can make it work."

"You devote to this team is too much. You need to learn when to sit out."
"But Fury said-"
"I know what Fury said." She sighed.
"I can do this." I furrowed my brows. "You'd spend your last moments fighting with... Us? Why wouldn't you spend it with your family?"

I looked down. "They're dead."

"Oh," her voice altered. "All of them?" She gulped.

"Yes. My mom was an only child. My grandparents died naturally. My father..." My voice cracked. "Drug overdose."

"Y/n..." She said sadly. "I'm not a hugger, so let's just verbally hug."

I let out a light chuckle. "Don't pity me."

"Okay. I won't. But... I am sorry."

For what? What was I supposed to do? Say?

What'd you say? (4th wall breaker!!!)

"Hey, I'm gonna need the beige cloak. You can borrow my black one."

"Oh, yeah of course." I looked around cautiously and when I looked through the windows, I walked up and closed them. Then the door and closed it tightly.

"Waw." She started digging out the other cloak from a bag. "You're really invested in the secret of your identity." She looked at me with a crooked expression. "Even Peter wasn't this bad. With the public yeah, but with us..."

She paused when I creased my brows at the sound of his name. "Peter and I... Hah, we're kinda together."

She widened her eyes and passed me the cloak.

"I mean, in the public part of our lives. Well- the superhero us too... We're together." I finished confused with my own words but I'd hoped she understood.

"Does he know... you." She drew out my figure referring to my superheroness.
"That's what the cloaks for..."
"Does he know, you know who he is?"
"Yeah..." I did up the strings, mainly avoiding eye contact. "He revealed himself to me."
"And what's holding you back?"
"Well, obviously this disease. I mean, the doctor said a week- roughly. Technically speaking, I have exactly 6 hours left."
"Then you should tell him."
"Gosh... I don't even know where to begin."

I finished fixing the cloak to fit my body. It fit every curve perfectly. I threw up my hood. Bonus!!! I could see through the material so much better.

"Be straight forward. He's a boy, you need to be blunt. They're dumb like that."

When her head turned towards me she took in my appearance and gave me a worried look.

"What?"

"Y/n, have you thought about the casualty of this disease?"

I shrugged. "I don't want to." We continued adjusting our uniforms. "Hey Nat?"

"Hmh?"
"Theoretically speaking, if something were to happen to me, take care of Pete." I pursed my lips and blinked heavily, nodding my head.

She smirked. "That's your job."

"I'm serious. I don't trust Tony as a babysitter."

"Nobody does." She sighed before raising to her feet and cracked her neck. "If anything goes wrong or doesn't feel right, I need you to stop."

"Mmhm." I fixed my hood and turned around for the door but she stepped in front of me in between.

"Do I stand clear?"
"Yes. Yes you do." I gulped.
"Good." She opened the door and gestured me to exit. "Wanda's sitting this one out. She's got the flu bug so she's in her dorm. So it's just our chicks." She smiled and nudged my arm and I couldn't help but smile back at my badass friend.

We made our way to a room called the 'action room'. Nat said it was where the heavy experiments happen like when Thor decides to get upset and just wants to throw his hammer at the steel walls, rather someone's head. In this case, Fabia was putting her portal powers to good use.

Wide pillars spread throughout the massive room. Some weights, barrels and other clutter sat around carelessly.

Fabia stood by the portal with a grin on her face when she saw me.

I loved her new upgrade. She had a dark purple and black armour on that hugged her around her body. And, I wasn't much for abnormal hair colouring but the purple streaks within her Burnett's hair were flawless.

I waved at her when I realized that she was looking from Nat and I, probably wondering why we switched outfits but she didn't bother asking.

"Okay." Tony clapped his hands to get everyone's attention. Then he looked frustrated and scratched his forehead. "Where's the kid?"

We all looked amongst the crew and shrugged. Crickets sounded, I bet.

"Anyways... Cap, get your shield, Thor grab that maj- maji- hammer," he decided. People snickered. "Nat pull that hood up. You'll be going in on the action while the men stay alert at the gate. When the be-" he paused.

Why? We each looked at each other while Tony stood still with his head tipped slightly and his eyes squinted. "Hmh."

That's when the door opened. "Late," Tony said plainly. I assumed Friday told him he was coming.

Peter stumbled in, once again late. His hair had been a crooked hot mess and he was puffing. "Sorry." He rubbed his face. "The elevator was out of order. The stairs- I had to... Yeah." He grabbed his sides and walked up beside Bruce who raised a brow.

"Spiderboy, you'll be training beside agent Romanov. This is easy in and out mission." He looked towards Nat than me. "Futera, you'll be our eyes."

He turned towards the group and then back at Fury who was sitting on the sidelines watching Tony's every move as if he were grading it. He gave him a sarcastic thumbs-up as if telepathically telling him, "um, continue???" Tony turned back to the group with a smile.

"Okay, so Fabia," he turned to her. "Spawn a portal to Green State East. We'll take the back roads. Less obvious that way. Bruce, you'll be our eyes and ears. Stay at the desk and keep visuals on the street cameras. Futera, you'll be our... other eyes." he glanced my way.

"So," he clasped his hands. "Off you go."

"Wait!" Peter protested as everyone got to their starting point. "Wait! Wait! Wait!"

"What is it, kid?" Tony folded his arms.

"There's something I need to do." He strode towards Nat, who'd been in conversation with Fabia, and I, stood, watching from beside Thor.

When he'd reached Nat, Peter reached around her neck with one hand and... Kissed her...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

400K 12.1K 93
Theresa Murphy, singer-songwriter and rising film star, best friends with Conan Gray and Olivia Rodrigo. Charles Leclerc, Formula 1 driver for Ferrar...
1.3M 50.3K 54
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
1.1M 18.9K 44
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
48.3K 695 9
You were the only girl in the town of Mystic Falls who hadn't given in to Damon Salvatore's charms, even though you secretly had a crush on him. But...