THE MARINE IN COMBAT BOOTS. (...

By Writing_Addict2

Evelyn Scott, has always been apart of a military family with dad who used to be in the marines and now her b... More

1 (Edited)
2 (Edited)
3 (Edited)
4 (Edited)
5 (Edited)
6 (Edited)
7 (Edited)
8 (Edited)
9 (Edited)
10 (Edited)
11 (Edited)
12 (Edited)
13 (Edited)
14 (Edited)
15 (Edited)
16 (Edited)
17 (Edited)
18 (Edited)
19 (Edited)
20 (Edited)
21 (Edited)
22 (Edited)
23 (Edited)
24 (Edited)
25 (Edited)
26 (Edited)
27 (Edited)
28 (Edited)
29 (Edited)
30 (Edited)
31 (Edited)
32 (Edited)
33 (Edited)
34 (Edited)
35 (Edited)
36 (Edited)
37 (Edited)
38 (Edited)
39 (Edited)
40 (Edited)
41 (Edited)
42 (Edited)
43 (Edited)
44 (Edited)
45 (Edited)
46 (Edited)
47 (Edited)
48 (Edited)
49 (Edited)
50 (Edited)
51 (Edited)
52 (Edited)
53 (Edited)
54 (Edited)
55 (Edited)
56 (Edited)
58 (Edited)
59 (Edited)
60 (Edited)
61 (Edited)
62 (Edited)
63 (Edited)
64 (Edited)
65 (Edited)
66 (Edited)
67 (Edited)
68 (Edited)
69 (Edited)
70 (Edited)
71 (Edited)
72 (Edited)
73 (Edited)
74 (Edited)
75 (Edited)
76 (Edited)
77 (Edited)
78 (Edited)
79 (Edited)
80 (Edited)
81 (Edited)
82 (Edited)

57 (Edited)

2.4K 37 2
By Writing_Addict2

EVELYN'S POV
It's roughly been about seven months since Paisley and it's hard because she be about two or three months old right now.

Also, it's hard because Colton and Hailey had their baby, and then not too long ago Greyson and Maya How their baby which was a little boy they also got engaged but said they won't be getting married for quite a while.

But other than the obvious, like we wish she was here we're doing really good like with any loss some days are easier and some are harder.

But anyways now that I've been back to work for a few months now I've gotten a lot busier over the time I was gone I got quite a few more clients.

Which means more photo shoots and more editing but it also means more money which can't really hurt.

Today's Friday and I've had a lot of shoots this week so I've got a lot of editing to do, but it gets repetitive after awhile.

So I've been doing stuff around the house in between editing just for a change of course.

I was in office/studio editing pictures when my phone started ringing.

"Hello?" I said once I answered it.
"Hey, Evelyn this is Michael." He said.
"Oh hey, Michael what's up?" I asked him quite confused as to why he would be calling me.
"So I want to propose to Riley tomorrow and I was wondering if you would like to help me pick out the ring." He explained.
"Aww I'm so happy for you, and yes I would love to help out are you going now?" I asked.
"Yeah, I was wondering if you could meet me at Zales." He asked.
"Yeah, sure I'll be out the house in five and I'll meet you over there," I told him.
"Okay, thanks so much, Evelyn." He said.
"No problem Michael," I told him as I was smiling like a freaking lunatic.

We hung up and I turned off my desktop monitor and left the office.

I ran upstairs to grab my shoes and my bag.

I had already run a few errands today so I looked somewhat presentable, once I was ready I went back downstairs and grabbed the keys the car.

I locked the door behind me and got in the car reversing out the driveway.

Once I was on the road I put some music on just because I hate quite car rides when it's just me.

It only took about fifteen minutes to get to Zales and I already saw Michael's truck so I knew he was here.

I got out the car and grabbed my bag locking the car and walking to the entrance of the store.

The bell went off when I walked in a Michael looked up and smiled when he saw it was me.

"Hey, Evelyn thanks again for doing this for me." He said as walked over to me hugging me as well.

"No problem I'm happy to help." I smiled.

"So what type of ring are you looking for?" I asked him.

"Well, she said briefly she doesn't want anything too crazy so how about you pick something out and I'll decide if I like it enough for her." He suggested and I just nodded.

We looked through the cases where all the rings were kept in and we looked for good thirty minutes before one, in particular, caught my eye.

I grabbed Michael's arm to get his attention. "Hey, Michael what about this one?" I asked him as I pointed.

He looked at the ring before looking back up at me. "Gosh Evelyn it's perfect, I definitely think she'll love it thank you." He said as he hugged me.

I smiled. "You're welcome do you need anything else?" I asked him.

"I want to get everything perfect for tomorrow so could maybe take Riley out so she doesn't get suspicious?" He asked.

"Yeah, of course, I have nothing better to do. What time do you want me to take her out?" I asked.

"Maybe around ten, would that be good for you?" He questioned.

"Yeah, I'll even get Oli in on it and we'll take her out or something," I told him.

"Okay, sounds good. Again thank you so much, Evelyn." He smiled.

"Again it's no problem I'm very happy to do this have a good day Michael." I smiled.

Once I left and I was back in the car I decided since I was already out I would pick up dinner so I just went to one of mine and Oli's favorite sushi places and got a variety of different sushi types.

As I was pulling into the driveway I saw Oli getting out of the truck.

"Hi, baby how was your day?" I asked him once I'd gotten out the car.

"It was good, how was yours?" He asked the same as we walked in the house.

"Boring for the most part until Michael called me asking me if I would help him pick out an engagement ring so he can propose to Riley tomorrow," I explained to him as we walked into the kitchen.

He turned around from the fridge looking at me with wide eyes. "Are you serious? He's really proposing to her?" He asked questioned like it's the worst thing. I swear overprotective brothers suck.

"Yes so we have to distract her tomorrow so he can get everything ready, and you're going to be happy for her because she's your sister and you love her. So none of that overprotective brother shit they've known each other since high school and they've been dating for over a year." I told him sternly since I know how he gets about her because that's exactly how my brothers get with me.

He got a beer and turned back to me before tightening his jaw. "But their gonna be having sex Evelyn, my baby sister having sex she's twenty." He whined like a little five-year-old that didn't get his cookies.

"Oliver she's growing up it's gonna have to happen at some point and they've been together for so long I'm surprised they've even waited this long," I told him as I got the sushi out.

He sat down on the stool sighing like his life was over. "I know but I was thinking that would be another like ten years from now." He said and my eyes widen.

"You're kidding right?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

"No, I'm not kidding she's my baby sister, if it was up to me they would only stay friends and that's being generous." He grumbled.

"Okay, Oliver you listen to me, this is the next step in your sisters' life and you are to be happy about it. Michael is a good guy he clearly loves Riley. So when the proposal happens tomorrow I want you smiling from ear to ear otherwise say goodbye to your own sex life." I Challenged him.

"Fine, whatever but I tell you what I'm not gonna be happy about it." He pouted stuffing sushi in his mouth.

I just shook my head, I'm pretty sure Oli's dad reacted better than this, like seriously what did he expect to happen?

I picked my phone up, going into my contacts and finding Riley's contact.

"Hello?" She answered.
"Hey, Riley would you like to do something tomorrow?" I asked her.
"Yeah, sure what did you have in mind?" She asked.
"Either shopping or we could just hang out at mine whatever you wanted to do," I suggested.
"Yeah, either would be fine we can just go from there once tomorrow gets here." She said.
"Okay, sounds good I'll see you tomorrow," I said.
"Okay, bye." She said.
"Bye," I spoke.

I hung up the phone placing it face side down on the counter top.

Oil was still sulking which is just beyond me but I should be used to it, I just think it's crazy how the guys will act sometimes.

We finished up dinner and Oli changed out of his uniform and into shorts and a top.

And we ended just chilling for the rest of the evening as it was still pretty early.
............................................................................
A/N: Well, Michael and Riley are getting married!!

What do you think of Oli's reaction when Evelyn told him?

Also I don't think I've put a pictures of Michael up as he is a rather new character but if you're curious here's what he looks like he's 23 and he's in college so he can be a lawyer and yes he's three years older than Riley but who cares?

Anyways I don't want this to be too long so, I hope you guys enjoyed!

Comment&Vote if you liked or found this chapter interesting.

Love you guys to the moon and back!❤️😍😘🥰

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

687 42 19
ᴀʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ʀᴇᴀᴅʏ ғᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ ᴢᴏᴍʙɪᴇ ᴀᴘᴏᴄᴀʟʏᴘsᴇ? ~ Katie is a small town girl who's had everything go wrong for her. Her mom cheated on her dad, now she's go...
164K 6.8K 38
Book 1 in the Blood River Series Gregory Beau Morgan, Alpha of Blood River pack is a powerful C.E.O. who takes no crap from anyone. At the age of twe...
1K 44 43
Venomous Mistake This is Marco and Clara's brutal/sexy story. Clara Revenge was my goal-to take down the enemy. I've trained under my Uncle, but eve...
1.9K 146 33
Callie - Losing everything she every loved Callie starts a new life outside of the army trying to mend her broken heart, not sure where she suppose t...