Stepbrothers Don't Love | ✓

By BlackandBlue222

C O M P L E T E D || Highest Rank; #4 in Funny || || Highest Rank; #6 in Boys || ⇎𝓯𝓪𝓶𝓲𝓵𝔂 𝓲𝓼𝓷'𝓽 𝓪𝓷... More

Cast
Chapter One: Nope, Because I'm Human
Chapter Two: They're My Brothers?!
Chapter Three: Can't You Just Be Happy For Her?
Chapter Four: Pickles Or Tickles
Chapter Five: We Don't Like Him
Chapter Six: It Was Them, I Swear!
Chapter Seven: I Thought You Hated Me
Chapter Eight: Don't Get Full Of Yourself
Chapter Nine: Don't Touch Her!
Chapter Ten: You Want Some Chicken Nuggets?
Chapter Eleven: Too Cool For Detention
Chapter Twelve: Truth Or Dare?
Chapter Thirteen: No Girls Team?
Chapter Fourteen: I Ran Into The Wall-
Chapter Fifteen: We Judged You Too Quickly
Chapter Sixteen: Boyfriend?
Chapter Seventeen: What If You Got Pregnant?
Chapter Eighteen: What An Odd Name
Chapter Nineteen: The Beast Is Hungry
Chapter Twenty: You Can Feel The Sexual Tension
Chapter Twenty-One: Why Don't You Join Us For Dinner?
Chapter Twenty-Two: This Wasn't Funny
Chapter Twenty-Three: Found A Replacement For Landon?
Chapter Twenty-Four: I Might Have Offended Monkeys
Chapter Twenty-Five: Admit That I Look Hot
Chapter Twenty-Six: Don't You Understand, Norah?
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Why Didn't She Tell Me?
Chapter Twenty-Eight: I Can't Help But Love You
Chapter Twenty-Nine: I Know How It Feels
Chapter Thirty: Sweet Little Innocent Norah
Chapter Thirty-One: That Cocky Little-
Chapter Thirty-Two: You Smell Really Good
Chapter Thirty-Three: You Look Liked You Enjoyed It
Chapter Thirty-Four: We're Not Mad At You
Chapter Thirty-Five: We Failed You, Hardcore
Chapter Thirty-Seven: Cut The Crap Tyler
Chapter Thirty-Eight: What New Stepsister?
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Keep It Kid Friendly
Chapter Forty: Are You Deaf Or Something?
Chapter Forty-One: Our Princess In Shining Coffee
Chapter Forty-Two: I Honestly Thought You Were Lonely
Chapter Forty-Three: He Has Muscles
Chapter Forty-Four: Stop Being So Blunt!
Chapter Forty-Five: Oh, The Trust!
Chapter Forty-Six: You're Just Attracted To Walls
Chapter Forty-Seven: Don't Forget That, Okay?
Chapter Forty-Eight: How Many Times Am I Going To Say Date?
Chapter Forty-Nine: Oh, You Have Got To Be Kidding Me
Chapter Fifty: They Betray Me Of Course
Stepbrothers Fake Love ~ Sneak Peek
Suicide/Depression
A/N: Exams
NOTICE
STEPBROTHERS DO LOVE

Chapter Thirty-Six: What's The Fun In That West?

25.1K 772 296
By BlackandBlue222

Alex Pettyfer as Xavier Paul (I don't think I mentioned this, but Xavier's age is 20). So, Norah liked a 20-year-old.

A/N: Just two quick questions, do you guys want Landon in some chapters to create drama?Second question: I asked on my feed if you want gang drama (as in Norah's stepbrothers' gang). A few people said yes, I just wanted to clarify on a chapter. Enjoy! :)

CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX | WHAT'S THE FUN IN THAT WEST?

I pushed open the door, making the bells jingle above me. Xavier was cleaning the countertop, but since I came in, he looked up and grinned.

"Hey," I said nervously. He came over and hugged me.

"Good luck, no offence, but you'll need it. My boss is a tough nut to crack," he said, making me even more nervous.

"Gee, thanks," I said sarcastically. He smirked, pointing to the door at the back. It read out; Manager Only. It was right next to the door that read out; Staff Only.

I took in a breath, nodding at Xavier, before walking to the door. I was clutching my backpack strap, knocking on the door. A rough come in ordered through the door, I gulped, twisting the doorknob, before walking through.

There was the boss. He looked like he was in his late 30's, not to be creepy in any way, but he was handsome. He was furrowing his eyebrows at his desk, his eyes scanning papers. He had glasses on his face, that perfectly fit. He was wearing normal clothes, an apron over it. He finally looked up, his blue eyes contemplating into mine.

"Who are you?" His deep voice made me snap out of my thoughts, making me jump. I coughed, looking at the ground.

"I-I'm here for the new job. The person Xavier was talking about," I said. Why was I so scared? He's literally the most intimidating person I have seen, and I've met West!

He scoffed, motioning for the seat in front of him, "Well are you going to stand there, or are you going to sit down like a normal person?"

"Oh, m-my bad," I said, quickly rushing to my seat. I put my backpack on the floor beside me, before looking back at the boss, who was organizing his papers, before sticking his hand out, probably for me to shake.

"My name is Giovanni Rodriguez. What's your name hun?" He asked, his voice gruff.

"Norah Mayfair," I replied, shaking his large hand. His hand was gripped around my tiny hand very hard, as my arm bounced frantically.

"Love that name. Why don't we get started, you ready?" He asked as I nodded my head. "The first question, do you have any job experience?"

"No sir, this is my first," I said.

"How old are you Norah?"

"Sixteen," I said. He nodded, lifting his glasses up his head, and squinting his eyes at the papers.

"Can you tell me some things about yourself?" He asked.

"Well, I'm a freshman in high school. I personally see myself as a normal teenager, nothing different. I like to say I'm polite, I am really shy, but I do like being social as much as possible," I said, while he nodded his head the whole time.

"Alright. Why do you want to work here?" He asked, and this is where I got nervous. I don't know what to say, should I just say because I need money? Or do I lie?

I sighed, "Mr. Rodriguez, my brothers birthdays are coming up. They're both twins, and I need to get something for them. I don't have much money on me--,"

"May I ask, what do you want to get them, and how old are they?" He asked, cutting me off.

"They're both turning nineteen, I'm getting the first one a ticket to New York, he wants to be a professional photographer after he graduates. My mom already said no, but I think I convinced her. The New York ticket is $600 per person. The other one, I'm still deciding on what to get. So, I need at least $700 by the end of the week. Maybe even more so I could save up for a good college," I explained. He narrowed his eyes, and I thought I said something wrong, but he moved onto the next questions.

"What is your schedule? Will you be able to work morning shifts or late shifts? And how many shifts and hours will you be doing?"

"Well, for now, I'll be doing afternoon shifts. My school ends at 3:30, so I'll be getting here around 4:00. I can be working five hours this whole week, maybe next week I can be working fewer days since I'd be getting the money at the end of this week. I think Xavier told me that you close at 10:00, so I'll be done at 9:00," I said. He nodded his head, staring at me the whole time, once again, I did that thing where my eyes trailed down to the table.

"Well, that's it. Any questions you have for me?"

"I don't think so, thank you," I answered. He's given me a thin smile, before writing down something on the paper. After a while, he stood up, making me do the same, before sticking his hand out and shaking my hand.

"Thank you, Norah. You answered wonderfully," Mr. Rogriguez said. I gulped, my heart beating faster. I hope he wasn't lying, he might have been just saying that so he could be nice.

He led me over to the door, "I'll be calling you tomorrow, letting you know if you got the job or not. Bye Norah."

I waved at him, feeling butterflies in my stomach. I always hated that saying, now I know how it feels. I squealed when he shut the door and ran to Xavier hugging him.

"I think I did well!" I exclaimed, he laughed, hugging me back before letting go.

"Good job," he said.

We talked for a bit before I said I needed to leave. I opened the door, smiling wide, and spinning around.

I walked all the way to my house, feeling happy as heck. It started getting dark, not like pitch black, but a little. I just entered my neighbourhood, when I heard a yell.

This brought my memory back to the first day I met the twins, Avery and Cayden. It brought a smile to my face just thinking about how much we all bonded.

The yell and shouts didn't stop though. They kept coming, and they were way more disturbing and violent. So, being the curious one I am, I followed it.

Please don't call me stupid, but, then again I'd call myself stupid.

I rounded a corner, stopping midway when I saw what was happening.

There stood all my brothers glaring at six other guys. I raised an eyebrow, confused as heck.

I stepped back, but something crunched under my foot. They all snapped their heads at me.

Well shit.

I nervously laughed, "Oh, hey you guys... Funny seeing you guys here."

They narrowed their eyes.

"Nice weather?" I said, but it sounded like a question.

"Hey, you guys know this chick?" The oldest dude asked, nodding his head at me.

I don't know why, but I could easily tell that these guys are no good. I laughed, louder than expected coming over, and patting the dudes back while shaking my head.

"They sure do," I said. West muttered something, grabbing my arm and pulling me to him.

"Norah, get out of here," he growled in my ear.

"What's the fun in that, West?" I growled back, louder. They jumped back, as I rolled my eyes. I'm not stupid, they were obviously going to fight if I haven't shown up.

"Who is she? 'Cause if she's single," the dude that was about Avery's age said, looking me up and down and wolf whistling at me.

"Don't even think about it boy," I said. "They're my brothers."

West nudged me, "Why did you say that?"

"Stop getting your panties in a twist Westy boy, I like her, she's got fire," one of the twins said. I rolled my eyes, sighing.

"What have I got myself into?" I muttered.

"Didn't know you six had a sister. Why don't you come with us, sweetheart? We'll treat you right," another boy said, who looked around Theos' age. I scoffed, rolling my eyes again.

"Keep your fantasies in your head," I said glaring at him. One of the other twins, I don't even know how to describe any of these boys, let out a low whistle.

"Can we please go?" I asked, crossing my arms. Avery was about to say something, "I'm not leaving until you guys leave too."

Emmet huffed out a breath.

"Norah, we have--,"

"No! You guys are coming home with me whether you like it or not!" I said, suddenly feeling annoyed. Theo sighed, looking back at the guys, before glaring at them.

"This isn't over," he said. West gave me a little push, telling me lets go. I eyed the other guys, as they narrowed their eyes, looking intimidating. I jumped, quickly leaving with the others.

As we rounded the corner, I heard a faint whisper, "She's the one."

▪♛▪

▪E D I T E D▪

A/N: What is up guys? Hope everyone is having a lovely day! Did you guys enjoy the chapter? So, I know I left that A/N above, but I already included some gang drama. If you don't like gang drama, let's forget this ever happened, but I think it creates more drama which I love ;)

Just a quick warning: I don't know ANYTHING about job interviews, so if the questions Giovanni asked were a little bit weird, I found the questions on the internet, so don't judge me.

So, you met Giovanni, how did his character turn out? I love that name, Giovanni, it just popped right into my head. If you have a name like Giovanni, that's sick. (In a good way 😂).

Other POV's? Let me know in the comments!

Now you know what Xavier looks like! Do you guys like Alex Pettyfer? I don't know how to say his last name, lol. Tell me in the comments if you do!

Now, last but not least, the other gang! I would appreciate if you guys come up with names of the gang. If not, then that's fine, I just want to point, I'm not lazy... well, okay, I am, but not with my book. I just want to involve you guys, so it would be more fun.
I'll be picking the names I like personally, just like I did with the ship names. Once again, DO NOT get offended, I'm sure all of the names you guys come up with are amazing! <3

The oldest (leader, age 21):

The second oldest (age 19, like Theo):

The twins (17):

The second youngest (age 16):

The youngest (age 15):
Kids these days 🤦‍♀️

▪COMMENT▪VOTE▪FOLLOW▪

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.4M 101K 49
Dakota is just like every other 17 year old high school senior. Or that's what everyone thinks. Everyone sees Dakota as this funny, sarcastic, and...
108K 3.4K 35
Avery wrapped an arm around my waist to catch me before I could get out the door. He pushed me up against the door, trapping me between his body and...
438K 14.3K 33
C O M P L E T E D ♡Book Two Of Stepbrothers Don't Love (SDL)♡ "Things come and go and you have to learn to accept it." -BlackandBlue222 There's a lo...
22.7K 1.7K 85
"You ungrateful bitch. I keep a roof over your head, and this is the thanks I get?" "You could have killed her," I retort, trying to muster up confid...