Stepbrothers Don't Love | โœ“

By BlackandBlue222

C O M P L E T E D || Highest Rank; #4 in Funny || || Highest Rank; #6 in Boys || โ‡Ž๐“ฏ๐“ช๐“ถ๐“ฒ๐“ต๐”‚ ๐“ฒ๐“ผ๐“ท'๐“ฝ ๐“ช๐“ท... More

Cast
Chapter One: Nope, Because I'm Human
Chapter Two: They're My Brothers?!
Chapter Three: Can't You Just Be Happy For Her?
Chapter Four: Pickles Or Tickles
Chapter Five: We Don't Like Him
Chapter Six: It Was Them, I Swear!
Chapter Seven: I Thought You Hated Me
Chapter Eight: Don't Get Full Of Yourself
Chapter Nine: Don't Touch Her!
Chapter Ten: You Want Some Chicken Nuggets?
Chapter Eleven: Too Cool For Detention
Chapter Twelve: Truth Or Dare?
Chapter Thirteen: No Girls Team?
Chapter Fourteen: I Ran Into The Wall-
Chapter Fifteen: We Judged You Too Quickly
Chapter Sixteen: Boyfriend?
Chapter Seventeen: What If You Got Pregnant?
Chapter Eighteen: What An Odd Name
Chapter Nineteen: The Beast Is Hungry
Chapter Twenty: You Can Feel The Sexual Tension
Chapter Twenty-One: Why Don't You Join Us For Dinner?
Chapter Twenty-Two: This Wasn't Funny
Chapter Twenty-Three: Found A Replacement For Landon?
Chapter Twenty-Four: I Might Have Offended Monkeys
Chapter Twenty-Five: Admit That I Look Hot
Chapter Twenty-Six: Don't You Understand, Norah?
Chapter Twenty-Eight: I Can't Help But Love You
Chapter Twenty-Nine: I Know How It Feels
Chapter Thirty: Sweet Little Innocent Norah
Chapter Thirty-One: That Cocky Little-
Chapter Thirty-Two: You Smell Really Good
Chapter Thirty-Three: You Look Liked You Enjoyed It
Chapter Thirty-Four: We're Not Mad At You
Chapter Thirty-Five: We Failed You, Hardcore
Chapter Thirty-Six: What's The Fun In That West?
Chapter Thirty-Seven: Cut The Crap Tyler
Chapter Thirty-Eight: What New Stepsister?
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Keep It Kid Friendly
Chapter Forty: Are You Deaf Or Something?
Chapter Forty-One: Our Princess In Shining Coffee
Chapter Forty-Two: I Honestly Thought You Were Lonely
Chapter Forty-Three: He Has Muscles
Chapter Forty-Four: Stop Being So Blunt!
Chapter Forty-Five: Oh, The Trust!
Chapter Forty-Six: You're Just Attracted To Walls
Chapter Forty-Seven: Don't Forget That, Okay?
Chapter Forty-Eight: How Many Times Am I Going To Say Date?
Chapter Forty-Nine: Oh, You Have Got To Be Kidding Me
Chapter Fifty: They Betray Me Of Course
Stepbrothers Fake Love ~ Sneak Peek
Suicide/Depression
A/N: Exams
NOTICE
STEPBROTHERS DO LOVE

Chapter Twenty-Seven: Why Didn't She Tell Me?

30.9K 914 241
By BlackandBlue222

CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN | WHY DIDN'T SHE TELL ME?

▪♛▪

I wheeled my suitcase outside and into the trunk. Three days have passed, with nothing but boringness. I mean, it was your occasional morning swim, the late night barbeque. That's about it though, but the real important part of this is that I got to spend time with my brothers. I mean, look where our siblingship has ended up? In the beginning, they did nothing but hate me, now we act like normal siblings, the usual annoying part, but that's fine because I'm sure that a lot of siblings annoy each other for fun.

But, after all the satisfying and perfect day, it comes to an end.

That's what's happening right now. It's been a month since I've seen Bella, and this is how I see her when I get back?

I'm running. My dads running with me. We both get in the car, slamming the door shut and he quickly shoved the keys in the keyhole. He quickly drove out of the neighbourhood as we all drove to the hospital.

Dad checked the rearview mirror, the white car following us - which is the other guys. A tear slipped from my eye, but I quickly wiped it away.

Why didn't she tell me?

A | FEW | HOURS | EARLIER

"Is it weird that I'm glad to be home?" Cayden muttered as he pushed past me. I rolled my eyes and shoved him out the way. 

"You're just glad you're home 'cause now you want to sit around and be moody all day," I told him. He rolled his eyes and opened the door.

"Whatever," was his amazing response. I couldn't help but laugh as I made my way to the kitchen, pulling out some food.

"But mom! I really want it, please?" I heard Emmet whine. I was intrigued at this point, and I know it's eavesdropping, but come on, it's probably really important because I've never heard Emmet whine before.

"No means no, Emmet. I'm not letting you go. It's way too far away and I can't tolerate you being there without adult supervision," mom said, pointing a threatening finger at him. He huffed out a breath and crossed his arms.

"Mom, I'm eighteen! I'm an adult, I can't believe this!" He shouted angrily. Now, both of them were having a full glare off. So, I decided to step in.

"Hey, what's--?"

"Not know Norah," mom said, holding up her hand. I took a step back, putting my arms up in defence. "Emmet, this conversation is over, I'm not letting you go."

"But--,"

"No buts mister!" She exclaimed angrily, her fists clenching. "Go to your room now!"

Emmet had the guts to shoot his own mom a glare, before himself, stomped up the stairs and slammed his bedroom door with a loud thud!

Mom rubbed her temples as she sat down on a chair, "Norah, hun, get me some Advil, will you?" 

I nodded and went to the bathroom, searching for it. I finally got it and I walked back to the kitchen and filled a glass with water. Walking back to the dining table, I handed mom the bottle of Advil and water.

"Thanks, sweetheart," she muttered, popping open the lid, and putting two of them in her mouth, before gulping down some water.

Dad came downstairs and furrowed his eyebrows, "What was that loud slam?"

"Emmet," I told him simply.

He sighed and sat down next to mom, rubbing her back up and down, "Still giving you a hard time?"

"What is he bothering you guys about?" I asked, very curious by now.

Mom sighed, "He wants to go to New York after he graduates. Not forever, at least for a year, he said. Why does he want to go you ask? Well, Emmet has always been a fan of photography, it's his dream to travel around the world and become a professional photographer. Now, I know, I support his dream, but I can't let him go when he's only eighteen. At least when he turns twenty, then maybe I'll be satisfied."

"Why don't we all go?" I suggested.

"No, that wouldn't work hun, that'd cost way too much for the nine us," she said. 

"Mom, dad," I said suddenly, after a few minutes of silence. I crouched down and place my hands on moms knees, looking her straight in the eyes, "Emmet's birthday is coming up soon. Let the kid go, he's pretty mature to me. Please?"

Mom and dad looked at each other, "Norah, I don't know--,"

"Please?" I tried again.

Mom sighed, "Fine, let me at least think about it."

I pumped my fist in the air, knowing what to get Emmet now! I just need to figure out about Elijah. 

"Just don't tell him though," I said, winking, "it's his birthday surprise."

"Norah, sweetheart, where are you going to get the money?" Dad asked.

"Leave that up to me," I said smirking. I guess I'll have to work some shifts, but I don't mind, as long as I can get Emmet the tickets he needs, then it'll work out right.

"Alright, call all the kids down, we'll have dinner now," mom said getting up, disappearing into the kitchen, along with dad. I grabbed a wooden spoon, and a steel pot, going up the stairs, I stood in the middle of the hallway. Once I was set, I started banging the wooden spoon into the pot, making an obnoxious noise. I kept marching back and forth until all five doors swung open.

"Norah shut the hell up, we're here!" Avery grabbed the pot and wooden spoon and gave me a deadpanned expression. I smiled sheepishly. All four of them rolled their eyes as I watched them walk downstairs, but we were missing two people.

"Bro, will ya stop being a wuss and get your ass down to dinner?" I heard Elijah sneer at Emmet. Emmet only grunted.

"Oh my god, I want to kill myself," he muttered, resting his head on the doorway.

"You can be more polite you know," I told him.

Emmet was sprawled on his bed, face first into the mattress. Didn't really look comfortable, but whatever suits him best.

"Get the flip up!" Elijah shouted at his twin brother.

"Elijah!" I heard mom yell from downstairs, "no cursing in this dang house!"

Elijah ignored that and pulled Emmets' arm, pulling him off the bed, his body hitting the floor with a loud thud. Emmet groaned as Elijah motioned me to grab his other arm, and so I did.

We both dragged him out the room, and once we got to the stairs, Elijah muttered something under his breath, which I couldn't quite make out, but he hauled Emmet onto his shoulder as he went down the stairs.

I followed as everyone was already seated at the table. They all looked up and stared at us for a long time, before shrugging and going back to eating.

I plopped down in my seat, as the room fell silent. Emmet grumbled something about us be 'overdramatic' and started eating.

After a while, my phone started ringing, I picked up, "Hello?"

The first thing I heard was a sniffle, "N-Norah, is that you?"

I furrowed my eyebrows as I dropped my fork, "B-Bella?"

"Norah! I'm sorry, I'm so, so, sorry I didn't tell you! I feel awful! I didn't mean to keep it a secret--,"

"Wait! Calm down! Are you okay?"

The line went silent, "No."

"What happened Bella?"

"Norah," her voice cracking, "I have cancer."

That was it. That was it for me to drop the phone, for my family to give me concerning looks. The world froze, I didn't know what to say. A buzzing noise started to eat my ears, deafening.

With shaky hands, I picked up my phone, "Hello? Norah--?"

"Which hospital?" I asked.

"St. Maxine--"

That was all I had to hear, before I ended the call, "Dad! B-Bella, she's in the hospital! We need to go!"

That was all he had to hear. He didn't even ask what happened, instead, he shot up and quickly grabbed his eyes and ran out the door.

  I'm running. My dads running with me. We both get in the car, slamming the door shut and he quickly shoved the keys in the keyhole. He quickly drove out of the neighbourhood as we all drove to the hospital. 

  Dad checked the rearview mirror, the white car following us - which is the other guys. A tear slipped from my eye, but I quickly wiped it away.

  Why didn't she tell me?  

▪♛▪

▪E D I T E D▪

A/N: Omg! Bella has cancer? I told you I didn't forget about her! Does it all connect now? Why she stopped coming to school, her sister, Ivy, was being sketchy. Why do you think she didn't tell Norah? Just a warning for next chapter though, get your tissues ready, it's going to be an emotional one! Oh, and I know you guys don't really know Bella that much, heck, you don't even know anything about her at all! She was only in one chapter... I swear I'll put in as much detail about her as possible.

  "That was all he had to hear. He didn't even ask what happened, instead, he shot up and quickly grabbed his eyes and ran out the door."

That was one of the paragraphs in this chapter, did you find the mistake I made? I found it and I didn't even bother to change it, I thought it was hilarious. Though, I might have ruined a wholesome scene. It was supposed to be written like, 'he shot up and quickly grabbed his keys and ran out the door.' Not eyes, lol. :P

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! 

▪COMMENT▪VOTE▪FOLLOW▪

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 25K 47
โš ๏ธ๐—ง๐—›๐—œ๐—ฆ ๐—œ๐—ฆ ๐— ๐—ฌ ๐—ข๐—ฅ๐—œ๐—š๐—œ๐—ก๐—”๐—Ÿ ๐—ช๐—ข๐—ฅ๐—ž. ๐—ง๐—›๐—˜๐—ฅ๐—˜ ๐—ช๐—˜๐—ฅ๐—˜ ๐—ก๐—ข ๐—–๐—ข๐—ฃ๐—œ๐—˜๐—ฆ ๐—ข๐—™ ๐—Ÿ๐—œ๐—ง๐—ง๐—Ÿ๐—˜๐Ÿญ๐—ช๐—ฅ๐—œ๐—ง๐—˜๐—ฅ. ๐—ช๐—˜'๐—ฉ๐—˜ ๐—”๐—Ÿ๐—ฅ๐—˜๐—”๐——๐—ฌ ๐— ๐—”๏ฟฝ...
618K 15.7K 40
Avery was not an average, well behaved 17-year-old girl living a happy life. She was an underground fighter, a street racer, and had even gotten mixe...
246K 10.2K 20
[COMPLETED] Aiden searched high and low for Fox, his best friend from the institution four years ago. After the incident that nearly took their life...
54.2K 1.5K 25
"Who knew the nerd could be such a badass?" Benny laughed as he high fived his friend. "Oh trust me there's a lot about me that you don't know" ~~~~~...