Conflicted

By batmantho

One day while he visits one of his family's country-clubs, he meets her. More

↬Notes and Copyright↫
➸one
➸two
➸three
➸four
➸five
➸six
➸seven
➸eight
➸nine
➸eleven
➸twelve
➸thirteen
➸fourteen
➸fifteen
➸sixteen
➸seventeen
➸eighteen
➸nineteen
➸twenty
➸twenty-one
➸twenty-two
➸twenty-three
➸twenty-four
➸twenty-five
➸twenty-six
➸twenty-seven
➸twenty-eight
➸twenty-nine
➸thirty
➸thirty-one
➸thirty-two
➸thirty-three
➸thirty-four
➸thirty-five
➸thirty-six
➸thirty-seven
➸thirty-eight

➸ten

4.3K 179 1
By batmantho

Copyright © 2014 Ari W.

It’s been two whole days since I received the phone call about Nick. Two days have passed since I last ate, or slept.

I’m in too much shock. My eyelids were starting to get heavy but I refuse to sleep. “Sky.” Nick said, his voice rough. “Yes, I’m here.” I said, clearing my throat. I’ve been crying for the past two days and my voice was now hoarse.

“Can you get me some water?”

I stood up, and exited the room, heading to vending machines. I love my brother way too much to give him that nasty tap water.

I pulled out a crinkled dollar bill from my pocket and inserted it into the slot. It went through then came back out.

I repeated the same steps, but the machine just wouldn’t accept the dollar. I cursed as I attempted to do it for like the hundredth time.

“Allow me.” Someone said, inserting a dollar.

I watched in awe as the machine lit up, telling me to choose what I wanted. I pushed on the water and waited for it to vend.

“Thanks.” I muttered, grabbing the water.

“I came to tell you that you have the week off.” Zayn said, shoving his hands into his pockets.

“Thanks.” I said, raising an eyebrow.

“What?” He scowled.

“Was this your doing? It seems a little weird.” I objected.

His eyes opened wide with surprise and he scrunched his eyebrows together. “I thought I was being nice. I can easily deduct you two days’ pay.”

“I’m sorry. Thank you.” I said, sighing.

His expression cleared and he stared at me. I stared back, struggling to think clearly, trying to figure out why he did this for me.

“We’ll resume your tutoring next week.” He says abruptly, turning and leaving me to stand there in shock.

I quickly went back into Nick’s room and handed him the bottle of water. “Thanks, what took so long?” He asked, sipping it slowly.

“There was a line.” I lied.

“I don’t want you to stay here, moping around.” Nick frowned.

“Hey, I almost lost you, twice. Let me be here for you.” I insisted.

“Okay, I just don’t want you to stay here, worrying about me. As a matter of fact, I’d be happy if you could go to work.” He admitted.

“And leave you here?” I frowned.

“I’m in a hospital Sky, I’m not going anywhere. Please.” He begged.

“What if I go to my tutoring instead?”

“I suppose that’ll do. Go.” He scowled.

I pulled out my phone and texted Zayn, asking if he could tutor me tonight. To my surprise, he responded a minute later saying okay.

“You’re stuck with me until 6.” I smiled, poking him.

He groaned and closed his eyes, pretending to be asleep. “Fine, I’ll go. I’ll be back tonight okay.” I told him.

“Or don’t.” He muttered.

“That’s no way to treat your favorite sister.” I gasped.

“Skylar.” He groaned, rolling his eyes.

I chuckled and gathered my things, leaving the room. I made my way to the lobby when I heard my name being called. I turned around to see Harry, in a white coat. He works here.

“Harry?” I asked in surprise.

“We keep meeting like this. Are you busy?” He grinned.

“Not really, I was just going to head home.” I shrugged.

“I’m about to take my break, have you had anything to eat?” He asked.

I shook my head and he smiled, biting his lip. “Would you like to get something to eat, with me?”

“Sure!” I smiled.

-

“Hello. My name is Jess, and I’ll be your server today. What can I get you to drink?” I didn’t miss that she was speaking only to him. He smirked at her then looked at me.

“I’ll have a coke.” I said.

“Two cokes.” Harry smiled at her.

She blushed then walked away quickly. I chuckled and stared at the menu, pretending to be interested in the list of food they served.

“So what’s your story?” Harry asked.

“What do you mean?” I frowned.

Before he could speak, the drinks were placed in front of us, and the server gave Harry another unnecessary smile before she left.

“So, I forgot to ask, are you and Zayn a thing?” He asked causing me to choke on the soda.

“Me and who?”

He chuckled at my puzzled tone and took a sip of his soda. “I’ll take that as a no.” His face twisted up into a crooked smile.

“Why would you ask that?” I replied.

“Because he took you home that night after the party.” He said. It sounded more like a question.

“W-what?” I stammered.

“I take it you didn’t know.” He tilted his head to the side, eyes curious.

“No I didn’t.” I muttered. I attempted to drink my soda but it was gone.

“I have to go.” I said suddenly, pretending I got a text message.

“Oh, well call me.” He said with a puzzled look. I smiled and nodded, before walking out of the restaurant.

It dawned on me that I rode here with Harry, and I rode with Zayn to the hospital, leaving me carless.

“Hey, um do you mind driving me to Zayn’s.” I asked Harry.

“Um sure.” He said hesitantly.

“He tutors me.” I admitted sheepishly.

“Oh, what class are you taking?” He smiled.

“Criminology.” I said, getting into his car.

-

“Thanks again.” I told Harry as I got out of the car.

“No problem! Tell Zayn I said hello.” He waved, driving off.

I took a deep breath before pounding on the door.

“Skylar?” Confusion was written all over his face as he opened the door.

I glanced down and noticed he was shirtless. I turned and looked away, biting back the smile that was making its way on my lips. I hadn’t even noticed he had so many tattoos.

“We need to talk.” I paused.

“Well go ahead.” He pushed, his voice hard.

“Harry mentioned that you brought me home after the party that night.” I paused, trying to read his expressions.

“Harry? Since when do you and Harry hang out?” He snorted, walking away from the door. I stepped inside and followed him down the hallway.

“You’re avoiding the question.” I glared at him.

“You never asked a question.” He pointed out, pulling a shirt over his body.

I wanted to tell him that wasn’t necessary but I don’t exactly like him so I kept my mouth shut.

“Did you bring me home that night?” I asked.

“Yes I did Skylar. Anything else.” He huffed in annoyance.

“Why?” I frowned.

He shook his head, rolling his eyes. “So we’re playing twenty questions now?”

“I think I deserve to know.” I stammered.

“I did you a favor, Harry isn’t the relationship type of guy.” He scowled.

“I don’t recall asking you for a favor.” I yelled angrily.

“You’re right. It was my mistake.” He rolled his eyes, walking past me.

I crinkled my nose as a frown played its way onto my face. I followed behind him and we entered the library.

“You didn’t even know your address. I drove you home and left.” He said, pinching the bridge of his nose.

“Are you expecting me to say thank you?” I raised an eyebrow.

“Let’s just get to work.” He snapped, taking a seat in front of me.

-

“Why are you still here?” He asked, clenching his jaw.

“I don’t have a ride home.” I whispered.

“How did you get here?” He asked.

“Harry dropped me off.” I admitted.

He scowled at me then sighed. “Just head to the car. I’ll be there in a second.” His voice was quiet, rougher.

I walked outside and stood near his cars. He has about ten. I looked among each of them, my eyes landing on the black car he drove me to the hospital in.

“Pick a car and I’ll drive you.” He said. He leaned on a silver sports car, watching me. I felt like a kid in the candy store. I chose the Camaro, hopping into the front seat. “Seriously.” He scoffed, getting into the car.

He turned the key and the engine roared. He pulled out of the driveway, zooming down the dark road. I glanced at the speedometer and my eyes widened.

“Slow down!” I shouted.

“What’s wrong?” He asked, keeping his eyes on the road. The car didn’t decelerate at all.

“You’re going a hundred miles an hour.” I was still shouting. I shot a glance out the window but it was too dark. The road was only visible in the brightness of the headlights.

“Relax.” He rolled his eyes, driving the same speed.

“Are you trying to kill us?” I demanded.

“We’re not going to crash.” He chuckled.

“Like hell we aren’t.”

“I always drive like this.” He smirked, glancing over at me.

“Please slow down.” I begged, feeling the anxiety wash over me.

“You really don’t like cars. Why is that?” He questioned.

“I’d rather not talk about it.” I admitted, looking down at my hands

I felt the car decelerate as he gripped the steering wheel. I took deep breaths, relieved.

A/n: OMG the next chapter is my favorite chapter so far! I literally cannot wait to upload it asdfghjkl. Um please vote and comment! I have my volleyball tryouts in like an hour so I'll update when I get home which will be in about 4 hours, wish me luck(: Please vote and comment! Thanks for reading x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 18.6K 43
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
308K 28.9K 67
Third book of idol love series... Devotion- "Strongest form of love" All the characters are fictional. There is no connection with the real place or...
1M 56.2K 36
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...
918K 42.2K 62
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...