Conflicted

By batmantho

One day while he visits one of his family's country-clubs, he meets her. More

↬Notes and Copyright↫
➸one
➸three
➸four
➸five
➸six
➸seven
➸eight
➸nine
➸ten
➸eleven
➸twelve
➸thirteen
➸fourteen
➸fifteen
➸sixteen
➸seventeen
➸eighteen
➸nineteen
➸twenty
➸twenty-one
➸twenty-two
➸twenty-three
➸twenty-four
➸twenty-five
➸twenty-six
➸twenty-seven
➸twenty-eight
➸twenty-nine
➸thirty
➸thirty-one
➸thirty-two
➸thirty-three
➸thirty-four
➸thirty-five
➸thirty-six
➸thirty-seven
➸thirty-eight

➸two

6.8K 241 103
By batmantho

 Copyright © 2014 Ari W.

I have been checking the time on my phone every few minutes, waiting for my shift to end. I hate this stupid job sometimes. Don't get me wrong, working at Cave Castle Country Club definitely has its perks, but the rude, snobby members ruin the experience.

Cave Castle is owned by the richest family in London; the Malik's. The family is very well-known in pretty much all of the UK.

Cave Castle is one of their many country clubs and it's also the most successful. It's a privilege to work here, at least that's what my boss says. Personally, I think it's a nice place but I could do better.

I watched as Amber purposely sat someone in my section. I really hate her and she always does things to piss me off. I put on my best smile and walked over to the table. Sitting there was a guy, about my age, dressed in khaki shorts and a polo.

He's probably just like the rest of the members' children, snobby and arrogant. I rolled my eyes and put on my best smile.

"Hi! Welcome to Cave Castle, I'm Skylar, what can I get you?" I asked politely. Hopefully my tone wasn't filled with annoyance like my current mood.

"A water for now, and don't put the lemon in the glass. I want it to be on a separate dish."  He said, not even acknowledging me.

I turned and went to the kitchen, asking them to prepare his water in the way he requested.

I walked back, carrying the water on the tray and set the dish, with the lemon wedges on it, down on the table. He glanced up from his phone and that was the first time I've been within twenty feet of him.

I wasn't serving just anyone, but the Zayn Malik. As in the son of the people who sign my checks. I was staring at him, admiring his beauty, blushing slightly. He's so much nicer looking in person. The pictures that you see on magazines are nice, but in person he's like a god.

"Are you done?" He snapped.

He caught me staring at him. I nodded and tried to pay attention to what I was doing. Slowly, and with trembling fingers, I grabbed the water and proceeded to set it down on the table. My hands had other ideas and the glass slipped out of my hands, spilling all over Zayn.

He gasped and looked up at me glaring. "I'm so sorry. It was a mistake, I'm so sorry." I rushed out.

"If you really want to know about mistakes you should ask your parents." He scoffed.

Taken back by his works, I hesitantly handed him a towel. "Can't you do anything right?" He asked angrily.

"I realize that you're upset but you don't have to talk to me like that." I said to him.

"You work for me. Whatever I tell you to do, you do it." He gritted his teeth.

"Can I get you a new glass of water?"

"No, you can get me a new waiter who actually knows what the fuck they're doing." He hissed, trying not to cause a scene.

Don't let it get to you Sky, it's okay. It's just another rude customer.

I could feel myself about to cry. I don't think I have ever been talked to like this ever. The tears started spilling over. He watched me then stood up, dragging me away.

I felt the tears rolling down my cheeks and I willed myself not to cry. He took me to a room and led me to the bed. I heard a door close and I sat there crying. He insulted me all because I spilled a glass of water on him. I apologized, it was an accident.

I realized how stupid I was, crying because of what Zayn Malik said to me. I don't know him, who cares what he says.

I wiped my face and pulled out my phone. My shift ends in five minutes. The door opened and I glanced over to see Zayn standing there in boxers. I immediately looked away and a few minutes later, he was standing in front of me in another pair of khakis.

"Now if you're done embarrassing yourself, you can leave."  He said.

I walked out of the room, slamming the door behind me and headed back to the area where I spilled water all over Zayn. To my surprise, the mess was cleaned up and someone else was already seated there.

Amber was stuck taking care of my section and that made me happy. She had to clean up the mess and she now has to wait on all of the people she sat in my section. I went back into the kitchen and swiped my employee card, clocking out. I worked from noon to seven and now I can sleep.

I grabbed my bag from my locker and made my way to Lia's car. She was already sitting inside, texting on her phone. "What's wrong, have you been crying?" She asked, rubbing my arm.

"I'm fine, can we just go please." I mumbled. She said nothing and pulled off, the country club slowly vanishing.

Once I was in the safety of my room, I took the braid out of my hair and let it hang freely. I've had such a horrible day and my little altercation with Zayn only made it worse. I grabbed my laptop and started my homework.

Since majority of my day is spent at the country club, I take online classes so I can still get my degree. Hopefully I'll get a better job and never have to work at Cave Castle again.

I fell asleep watching a movie on Netflix.

-

My alarm actually woke me up this morning and I lazily got ready. I went into the kitchen and it was empty.

That's weird. Where's Lia?

I went to her bedroom and saw that she was still asleep, snoring lightly. Today I get to nag her about getting ready.

"Lia!" I called out, shaking her. She groaned and got up, heading straight for the bathroom. I guess that leaves me in charge of breakfast. I can't cook, that's why Lia does it.

I searched the freezer and pulled out a box of frozen waffles. This shouldn't be so hard should it? I took enough out for the both of us and placed them in the toaster. While the waffles were heating up, I made coffee.

Feeling proud of myself, I ate my waffles—which were delicious, may I add—and drank my coffee. "What did you make, it actually smells good?" Lia asked, walking into the kitchen.

"Waffles." I grinned.

She grabbed a plate and hesitantly took a bite. I watch her intently, waiting for her reaction.

"They're not bad." She shrugged, sipping her coffee.

-

-

I walked into the kitchen of the country club and grabbed my stuff out of my locker. I really hope he doesn't come back today. I don't like him. He's very brusque.

Amber didn't seat very many people in my section and relief washed over me. The morning was going by pretty quickly until I saw him.

I couldn't make out exactly what he was saying but I know it had something to do with me. Amber nodded and sat him at one of the tables I didn't have to cover. I smiled, and felt confident for the first time since yesterday.

The members I waited on were extremely nice and left me with generous tips. "How's my favorite waitress doing today?" Liam asked, smiling.

"Pretty good! Can I get you your regular?" I smiled at him.

"That'd be great!" He told me.

Liam was one of the nicest members here. He and his parents visit every summer.

I brought his food and set it down on the table, not spilling anything. He thanked me for his food and I nodded, awkwardly turning and checking on the remaining members in my section.

-

The day ended sooner than I thought and I couldn't have been more relieved to go back home. I grabbed my laptop, headphones and tossed them on my bed. Running into the kitchen, I rummaged through the pantry, deciding to make myself a bag of popcorn. This is one of the first free nights I have had in a while.

Outside of college and working at the country club, I watch Netflix every chance I get. I turned on a movie and popped a piece of popcorn into my mouth.

"You made popcorn and you're watching Netflix without me!" Lia gasped, jumping onto my bed.

 I groaned and took the headphones out, allowing her to hear the movie as well. She snuggled closer to me and grabbed handful, after handful of popcorn, eating the entire bag.

A/N: I know the ending is stupid but I have the first twelve chapters aleady written and I don't want to rush the story so I'm going to go slow, probably updating every other day or so for now. Please vote and comment! Add this to your library and recommend it to a friend! Thanks so much for reading!(:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

366K 6.1K 79
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
1.2M 50K 54
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
536K 19.2K 94
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
221K 14.4K 19
"you might not be my lover, but you still belong to me" "crazy, you don't even love me but you want to claim me as yours? have you lost your mind jeo...