The Key to Ruling a Broken Ki...

By Inkfriend

"Love doesn't discriminate." -Lin-Manuel Miranda ---- Ever since she... More

Introduction and Trailer
1: Persephonie
2: Persephonie
3: Persephonie
4: Megan
5: Persephonie
6: Cedric
7: Patrick
8: Cedric
9: Guard
10: Persephonie
11: Cedric
12: Megan
13: Persephonie
14: Venus
15: Sophia
16: Persephonie
17: Venus
18: Persephonie
19: Megan
20: Persephonie
21: Cedric
22: Persephonie
23: Persephonie
24: Cedric
25: Persephonie
26: Megan
27: Megan
28: Persephonie
29: Sophia
30: Persephonie
31: Mathias
32: Persephonie
33: Megan
34: Charles
35: Persephonie
36: Cedric
37: Cedric
38: Persephonie
39: Megan
40: Venus
41: Megan
42: Persephonie
43: Megan
44: Persephonie
45: Persephonie
46: Mathias
47: Megan
48: Persephonie
50: Persephonie
Epilogue

49: Megan

310 16 2
By Inkfriend

Megan and Persephonie did some things under the bed covers. Also, Persephonie is going to get married to Cedric soon.

Song: Aftertaste by Shawn Mendes

I woke up to the lark's song, next to Persephonie. She was curled up against me, in a peaceful slumber, her bare skin warm. I placed my lips on her forehead and she stirred.

"Good morning, Princess of Spring."

"Summer," she murmured.

There was a knock on the chamber's door, and I quickly got out of the bed and pulled on the flowy, blue dress. There was another knock, and Persephonie groaned. "I'm coming!" she called.

I averted my gaze as she pulled the quilt off her body, and pulled on her nightgown. My eyes followed her feet to the door. She opened it, and I allowed my eyes to look at the visitor. My heart dropped as I saw Prince Cedric greet Persephonie with a kiss. But I did not say or do anything. I could only hope that the fopdoodle didn't look my way.

Prince Cedric whisked Persephonie away, and the door closed, leaving me alone in the princess' room. I adjusted my dress and pulled my hair into a knot on the top of my head and pulled on my bonnett.

I figured I should head out before the maids came in here to clean. I sneaked out to the courtyard, but I did not go to town. Persephonie would be getting married in two days, and I wanted to see her once more before I left her forever.

Instead, I made my way to the stables, where I had been staying for the past couple weeks. The stable boy- Vincent- is the reason I'm still breathing. He had found me about a month ago in the outskirts of town, passed out from starvation. He dragged me to his house, where his family fed me the remains of their watery pea soup.

They ate almost nothing the next day.

 I started passing out the hay to the horses, when Vincent came inside. His hands held a thin slice of bread. We each conquered half of it for our breakfast. As I savored the stray crumbs, I took in the twelve year old's scrawny frame, and my stomach turned in guilt as I recalled the copious amounts of food I had taken from him.

"I take it you were with the Princess last night" Vincent said, snapping me back to reality. I nodded. He knew Persephonie and I were close; As far as he knew, we were childhood friends.

"Are you taking the horses out today?" I asked.

Vincent nodded. "King Patrick wants 'em in shape for the wedding."

The wedding. I dreaded that word, oh so much. A wedding had taken me away from my family. I could not return to them. Not after I had run from my wedding. It would be disgraceful and humiliating. And now, a wedding is going to take Persephonie away from me as well.

"Vincent, what is the difference between a wedding and a funeral?" I wondered out loud. Vincent looked confused. "People dress nice for a funeral. Songs are sung at a funeral. Flowers and decorations are used at a funeral. All these things are also done at weddings. So tell me, Vincent, what is the difference between a wedding and a funeral?"

A/N: Thoughts? This book has one more chapter left, then an epilogue. Vote and comment!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

337K 7.4K 25
Olivia and kacie, from 2 completely different worlds, but little did they both know, is that it would soon become, just one, very confusing world. M...
2.7K 235 16
Book three of Country Core Series. From birth, Trinity saw the world differently than her peers. Not that she knew much of her peers in her childhoo...
5.5K 143 24
"do I make you feel good?"she says in an almost whisper, I can't say anything I'm too focused on the pleasure flowing in my body. ___________________...
3.6K 170 23
Daniel hates Perseus! With all his might since the two were in Kindergarten. The two are now 16 and 17 both getting ready for Senior year as the sum...