THE MARINE IN COMBAT BOOTS. (...

By Writing_Addict2

Evelyn Scott, has always been apart of a military family with dad who used to be in the marines and now her b... More

1 (Edited)
2 (Edited)
3 (Edited)
4 (Edited)
5 (Edited)
6 (Edited)
7 (Edited)
8 (Edited)
10 (Edited)
11 (Edited)
12 (Edited)
13 (Edited)
14 (Edited)
15 (Edited)
16 (Edited)
17 (Edited)
18 (Edited)
19 (Edited)
20 (Edited)
21 (Edited)
22 (Edited)
23 (Edited)
24 (Edited)
25 (Edited)
26 (Edited)
27 (Edited)
28 (Edited)
29 (Edited)
30 (Edited)
31 (Edited)
32 (Edited)
33 (Edited)
34 (Edited)
35 (Edited)
36 (Edited)
37 (Edited)
38 (Edited)
39 (Edited)
40 (Edited)
41 (Edited)
42 (Edited)
43 (Edited)
44 (Edited)
45 (Edited)
46 (Edited)
47 (Edited)
48 (Edited)
49 (Edited)
50 (Edited)
51 (Edited)
52 (Edited)
53 (Edited)
54 (Edited)
55 (Edited)
56 (Edited)
57 (Edited)
58 (Edited)
59 (Edited)
60 (Edited)
61 (Edited)
62 (Edited)
63 (Edited)
64 (Edited)
65 (Edited)
66 (Edited)
67 (Edited)
68 (Edited)
69 (Edited)
70 (Edited)
71 (Edited)
72 (Edited)
73 (Edited)
74 (Edited)
75 (Edited)
76 (Edited)
77 (Edited)
78 (Edited)
79 (Edited)
80 (Edited)
81 (Edited)
82 (Edited)

9 (Edited)

7.2K 118 2
By Writing_Addict2

6 MONTHS LATER
EVEYLN'S POV
I got up out of bed before walking in the bathroom and showering.

I then did my makeup and hair and got dressed I then grabbed everything I needed including my photography equipment and makeup equipment knowing I have an appointment today.

But until then I needed to go grocery shopping so after everything was loaded into the car I got in and began the drive to H-E-B.

I got to H-E-B and got the food that I needed and then as I was about to checkout I forgot to get ground beef so I made my way to the meat area.

When I got there I noticed a guy about my age maybe a little older in marine dress blues which definitely wasn't a surprise seeing as there are so many military bases here in Texas.

I grabbed my ground beef and then walked over to him to say my thanks.

"Excuse me I just wanted to say thank you for your service." I said as stood next to him.

He turned around as I spook to him and that's when I noticed I know him.

Both our eyes widen in shock I never thought I would see him again and I'm sure he thought the same.

"Um, aren't you Oliver is it?" I questioned.

"Yes I am and you're Evelyn." He pointed at me.

"Yeah I am, well I never thought I'd ever see you again." I chuckled.

He laughed as well before he spoke. "I didn't think I'd see you either." He smiled.

"Um so, I know it's been awhile but I wanted to say I'm sorry about your brothers death. I can't imagine how hard that was and is for you and your family, and I wanted to be there more than anything and I was planning on coming with a few other guys. But my sister ended up having a baby and her husband wasn't there so she asked me to fill in." He rushed out as if it was his fault.

"Calm down it's okay, I understand life gets in the way it happens sometimes. And thank you it means a lot, my brother talked a lot about you. So I'm glad he had someone while he was over there." I smiled.

"Yeah, he was a great man, I mean all of the ones that lost their lives that day was, but he was something else he was just everything you wanted and needed in a soldier and friend he was great." He smiled softly.

"Um I have a questioned how many people died that day?" I asked curiosity taking over.

"Uhh 15 people died that day." He said causing my eyes to widen in shock.

"15? gosh to think 15 people's families lost someone close to them." I said my heart going out to all those families.

"I know that's the biggest lost our unit has ever had and in fact we lost so many people they sent us remaining people home because there's not enough of us to fight so their trying to find more people to send back over there." He said.

"Wow I knew it was bad but not that bad." I breathed out.

"Yeah it's kinda the worst it's been in a long time." He said.

"So I have something I want to ask you, what are you about to do after this?" He asked.

"Um I actually I have work in a bit." I replied.

"Okay, well I would love you to take you out so perhaps I could get your number and text you so we can set a time." He said with with a small smile.

"Yeah sounds great, here give me your phone and I'll put my number in and then you can text me with a plan." I smiled back.

He smiled bigger and handed me his phone.

I typed my number in along with a smiley face.

"There you go all set." I said as I handed him his phone back.

"Thank you Evelyn I'll text you tonight." He winked.

"Okay sounds good I'll see you later." I smiled.

"Bye Evelyn." He once again winked as he walked away.

I shook my head as I headed towards the checkouts, I finally found an open one that wasn't super crowded and paid for my stuff.

I walked out into the parking lot and to my car and loaded all my stuff into it and then putting the cart away and getting into my car making my way back to my apartment.

15 minuets later I got there and put all the groceries away and then freshened up and then left the house again to go to my studio where I have all my clients come.

It took me 5 minuets to get there and then I grabbed my personal equipment and went into my studio.

I set everything up making sure everything was in place for when my client showed up.

She showed up about 10 minuets later and we got started.

I first did her makeup and then her hair I then helped her into her clothes and then we started on the shoot.

3 hours laters and lots of outfit changes and a lot of pictures later we were finally done and I told her I  would edit the pictures and send them too her as soon as possible.

After she left I grabbed all my personal equipment and headed out.

I made it back to the apartment grabbed everything and walked up to the door unlocking it and then locking it back once I made it in.

I sat my stuff down and walked into the kitchen and started on dinner.

I decided to make roasted potato's and green beans and grilled chicken.

Since I try as eat as healthy as I can.

Once dinner was done I ate and washed dishes and cleaned up around the kitchen and then making my way upstairs and into my bathroom.

I took off all my makeup and brushed my teeth and pulled my hair up into I bun I then used the restroom and walked back into my bedroom.

I grabbed some light grey leggings and a long sleeve pink shirt since it was fall time and although it doesn't get super cold here in Texas the weather was getting slightly cooler.

I climbed in bed and got on my phone just checking up to see what everyone was up to.

I have two different accounts one personal account and one business one.

But as I was on my phone my text message thing went off.

"Hey, it's Oliver how would like to go to the fair this weekend? Just something casual." Oliver texted.

"Yeah! Sounds great I would love too!" I replied I love fairs

"Great! I'll pick you up around 12 on Saturday just send me your address." He texted back.

I texted him my address and we said our goodnights to each other.

I put my phone away without setting an alarm this time since I didn't have any appointments tomorrow and I usually don't on Thursdays.

I turned my light off and rolled over on my side and pulled the blanket completely over and then drifting off and falling asleep.
............................................................................
A/N: Hope you guys enjoyed! Had a lot of fun writing it!

I do apologize for it taking so to get this one out I wrote more than half of it and then realized I wrote it completely wrong so I had to start all over again.😑

Anyways I wanted to ask some questions but don't really know what to ask but feel free to ask anything about me and I'll of course answer if I feel comfortable😊

Comment&Vote!

Love you all!❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.9K 450 16
Ellie and Cole Phoenix Rising Book 1 ***Full finished book, fully edited is available on Amazon*** Cole has gone through hell to make it back to his...
239K 11.2K 63
"At this point, I'll be grateful for your pieces." ***** Jessica Franklin is at her wit ends, literally. With two sist...
164K 6.8K 38
Book 1 in the Blood River Series Gregory Beau Morgan, Alpha of Blood River pack is a powerful C.E.O. who takes no crap from anyone. At the age of twe...
1M 32.3K 31
The second I saw her my skin heated and heart skipped a beat. I knew I had to know who she was. I knew I just needed to be near her. After my horribl...