THE MARINE IN COMBAT BOOTS. (...

By Writing_Addict2

Evelyn Scott, has always been apart of a military family with dad who used to be in the marines and now her b... More

1 (Edited)
2 (Edited)
3 (Edited)
4 (Edited)
5 (Edited)
6 (Edited)
7 (Edited)
9 (Edited)
10 (Edited)
11 (Edited)
12 (Edited)
13 (Edited)
14 (Edited)
15 (Edited)
16 (Edited)
17 (Edited)
18 (Edited)
19 (Edited)
20 (Edited)
21 (Edited)
22 (Edited)
23 (Edited)
24 (Edited)
25 (Edited)
26 (Edited)
27 (Edited)
28 (Edited)
29 (Edited)
30 (Edited)
31 (Edited)
32 (Edited)
33 (Edited)
34 (Edited)
35 (Edited)
36 (Edited)
37 (Edited)
38 (Edited)
39 (Edited)
40 (Edited)
41 (Edited)
42 (Edited)
43 (Edited)
44 (Edited)
45 (Edited)
46 (Edited)
47 (Edited)
48 (Edited)
49 (Edited)
50 (Edited)
51 (Edited)
52 (Edited)
53 (Edited)
54 (Edited)
55 (Edited)
56 (Edited)
57 (Edited)
58 (Edited)
59 (Edited)
60 (Edited)
61 (Edited)
62 (Edited)
63 (Edited)
64 (Edited)
65 (Edited)
66 (Edited)
67 (Edited)
68 (Edited)
69 (Edited)
70 (Edited)
71 (Edited)
72 (Edited)
73 (Edited)
74 (Edited)
75 (Edited)
76 (Edited)
77 (Edited)
78 (Edited)
79 (Edited)
80 (Edited)
81 (Edited)
82 (Edited)

8 (Edited)

7.4K 127 7
By Writing_Addict2

EVELYN'S POV
I wake up to knocking on the door so getting up with a sigh I walk over to the door I open it to see a nurse standing there.

"Hi, good morning I wanted to check on mom and baby." She smiled.

The nurse came in checking Peyton and the baby before saying the thing we've been looking forward to.

"Well you both look good I think we could get the three of you out of here by noon how does that sound?" She asked.

"That's great I'm ready to get back home and settled in," Peyton told the nurse.

"Okay well I will go get the discharge papers and you guys can be on you're way." The nurse said as she walked out of the room.

"Well we could probably start packing up everything it's 9:30 now so we have less than 3 hours." I said going around the room getting everything ready.

"Yeah I'm going to go freshen up in the bathroom I'll be back in a bit," Peyton said as she grabbed some clothes and headed into the bathroom.

In the hours to come we packed everything up we needed and signed the discharge papers.

After that, the nurse stayed with Peyton and the baby while I went and got the car to the front entrance.

Getting out I helped Peyton with the baby and she stayed in the back with Rylee I thanked the nurse and we left heading back to Peyton's house.

About 15 minutes later we got to the house and I once again helped Peyton with the baby and everything.

"Okay if you give me an hour I'm going to head back to my apartment and get a decent shower I'll pack some clothes and then I'll get us all dinner and then I'll pick Sophia up from Ben's house and I'll stay here for a bit just until you've settled in," I said as I helped her with something's downstairs.

"Eve I couldn't ask that if you, you've already been the biggest help for me and I couldn't possibly ask you to do more," She said.

"Well then I guess it's a good thing you didn't ask and I volunteered, again give me an hour and I'll be back, bye!" I yelled as I walked out of the house not giving her a chance to say no again.

After the short drive home I went upstairs and took a shower, which I have to say is the best shower I've taken since we've been in the hospital.

I got dressed in some leggings and a baggy shirt with some Nike's .

After I got dressed I packed some clothes only planning to stay for a week just until Peyton got used to being a single parent of a three-year-old and a newborn.

Once packed I walked downstairs and grabbed my laptop bag and my keys and then making my way out of the apartment and locking the door.

Putting everything in the car I got in the driver side and then pulling out of the driveway.

After deciding to get pizza for the three of us I drove the way to Ben's house to get Sophia.

10 minutes later I made it to Ben's house and got out of the car going up to the door and knocking.

A minute later Ben came to the door.

"Hey Eve, what brings you by?" Ben asked with a smile as he brought me into a hug.

"I'm here to get Sophia, Peyton's back home we actually just got back today and I told her I would stay with her for a bit until she got comfortable with the girls," I said as I stepped into the house.

"How is she doing?" He asked.

"She's okay the first day was hard she wanted Lucas there, she wanted him to see Rylee and labor was hard for her. And I know she's panicking about what she'll tell them when they're older, so I just want to make this as easy for her as possible," I replied.

"I hate that, I honestly do I hate that they won't know who he is and that Rylee will never meet her dad, and that Peyton doesn't have him anymore it honestly sucks," Ben said with tears welling up in his eyes.

"I know a lot of our kids won't know him and that's unfortunate because he was amazing," I said.

"I know, well I'll go get Sophia and her stuff I don't want to keep you any longer," Ben said as he walked upstairs.

10 minutes later he came back down holding Sophia and her bag.

"Hey Sophia do you wanna go see mommy and you're new baby sister?" I asked smiling as Ben handed her to me.

"Yes!!!" She screamed while clapping her hands making the both of us laugh.

"Okay well I'll see you later, maybe you and the girls can come by one day," I said as I walked to the door.

"Of course I'm sure they would love that," Ben said.

"Okay well, goodnight I love you, bro," I said as I helped Sophia into the car.

"I love you too sis goodnight," Ben said.

I got in the car and waved one last time as I pulled out of the driveway.

15 minutes later I made it back to the house grabbing Sophia and everything else.

I made it into the house setting Sophia on the ground I put everything in the kitchen and picking Sophia up again and bringing her into the living room.

Peyton was sitting on the couch with Rylee she was nursing her.

"Mommy! I miss you." Sophia said as she ran towards Peyton.

"Hi sweetie I missed you too, and look who I've got you're baby sister Rylee can you give Rylee a kiss?" Peyton asked.

Sophia smiled and bent over kissing Rylee on her head as me and Peyton cooed at how cute it was.

"So I bought pizza for dinner I'll go out tomorrow and get stuff for the house so we can cook and that way we don't have to go out and buy dinner," I said.

"Okay sounds good let's go eat," Peyton said as she got up from the couch.

I put Sophia in her high chair and cut up the pizza and set it in front of her.

We all sat down and ate, about 30 minutes later we all finished and I grabbed the plates and washed them.

"So I'll bathe Sophia and you can give Rylee a sponge bath," I said as I grabbed Sophia from her high chair.

"Okay sounds good," Peyton said walking up the stairs with Rylee with me following behind her with Sophia.

We got into the bathroom and I fixed a bath for Sophia and undressed her as the water got warm.

I picked Sophia up and placed her in the tub helping her bath.

15 minutes later both the girls were bathed and I wrapped a towel around Sophia and carried her to her room.

I let her pick out her pajamas and she insisted to put them on herself and with great struggle she manages to get her legs through the onesie but not her arms asking me to help her.

Once I helped her get dressed I laid her in her bed before kissing her goodnight and telling her, her mom would be in to say goodnight.

I walked into the nursery where Peyton was.

"Hey, I put Sophia in bed and told her you would be in to do the same I'll stay with Rylee if you want and finish dressing her," I said as I walked in.

"Yeah, sure I already picked one out if you could just dress her. that would be great," Peyton said as she handed Rylee to me.

I walked over to the changing table and putting the onesie on her.

I picked her up and carried her in Peyton's room.

"Hey if you want I'll hang out with Rylee for a bit and let you take a decent shower," I said when Peyton walked in.

"Yeah, that would be great the guest room is right across from our room if you want to go in there." She said.

I walked out and went downstairs to get my bags and then going back upstairs to the guest room.

I laid Rylee down in the middle of the bed while I changed out of my clothes into shorts and an oversized T-shirt and I threw my hair into a bun.

I unpacked all of my clothes and then went and laid down next to Rylee.

About 20 minutes later Peyton came in looking relaxed.

"How was your shower?" I asked.

"Amazing especially compared to the shower at the hospital." She laughed.

"Oh, I know they sucked." I laughed along with her.

"So do you need anything else before we go to bed?" I asked as I handed her Rylee.

"No I'm good thank you, I'm going to feed her one more time and then head to bed." She said.

"Okay if you need anything during the night please don't hesitate to come to get me I'm right next door." I smiled.

"I will thank you so much goodnight Eve." She smiled.

"Goodnight Peyton." I returned the saying.

She closed the door I then went into the joint bathroom and brushed my teeth and then climbing back into bed.

and then falling into a deep sleep.
............................................................................
A/N: I hope you guys enjoyed! Also wanted to mention the next chapter will be quite a bit of a time skip maybe like 5 or 6 months.

I'm only doing time skips to get the book going I've written all the really big points in the book and it's now time to get the book exciting!

I'm actually really excited to write chapter 9!

So stay tuned!

And did you see how freaking adorable little Rylee is in her going home outfit?!

Also, can you guess what's happening next?

Comment&Vote!

Love you all!❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

216K 11.1K 102
They used to love her. They used to worship her. They used to follow her. But when the desperate queen of angels feels something she's never felt be...
28.9K 450 16
Ellie and Cole Phoenix Rising Book 1 ***Full finished book, fully edited is available on Amazon*** Cole has gone through hell to make it back to his...
191K 4.8K 65
"What your telling me I'm not good enough for you?" I said and she looked at me in the eyes. "Anna we are complete opposites. It's as if the only thi...
687 42 19
ᴀʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ʀᴇᴀᴅʏ ғᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ ᴢᴏᴍʙɪᴇ ᴀᴘᴏᴄᴀʟʏᴘsᴇ? ~ Katie is a small town girl who's had everything go wrong for her. Her mom cheated on her dad, now she's go...