THE MARINE IN COMBAT BOOTS. (...

By Writing_Addict2

Evelyn Scott, has always been apart of a military family with dad who used to be in the marines and now her b... More

1 (Edited)
2 (Edited)
3 (Edited)
4 (Edited)
5 (Edited)
7 (Edited)
8 (Edited)
9 (Edited)
10 (Edited)
11 (Edited)
12 (Edited)
13 (Edited)
14 (Edited)
15 (Edited)
16 (Edited)
17 (Edited)
18 (Edited)
19 (Edited)
20 (Edited)
21 (Edited)
22 (Edited)
23 (Edited)
24 (Edited)
25 (Edited)
26 (Edited)
27 (Edited)
28 (Edited)
29 (Edited)
30 (Edited)
31 (Edited)
32 (Edited)
33 (Edited)
34 (Edited)
35 (Edited)
36 (Edited)
37 (Edited)
38 (Edited)
39 (Edited)
40 (Edited)
41 (Edited)
42 (Edited)
43 (Edited)
44 (Edited)
45 (Edited)
46 (Edited)
47 (Edited)
48 (Edited)
49 (Edited)
50 (Edited)
51 (Edited)
52 (Edited)
53 (Edited)
54 (Edited)
55 (Edited)
56 (Edited)
57 (Edited)
58 (Edited)
59 (Edited)
60 (Edited)
61 (Edited)
62 (Edited)
63 (Edited)
64 (Edited)
65 (Edited)
66 (Edited)
67 (Edited)
68 (Edited)
69 (Edited)
70 (Edited)
71 (Edited)
72 (Edited)
73 (Edited)
74 (Edited)
75 (Edited)
76 (Edited)
77 (Edited)
78 (Edited)
79 (Edited)
80 (Edited)
81 (Edited)
82 (Edited)

6 (Edited)

7.6K 137 25
By Writing_Addict2

THIS IS A MONTH AFTER LUCAS' DEATH
EVELYN'S POV
I'm suddenly jolted out of my sleep by my phone ringing picking it up I noticed it's 3:45 am who the heck is calling me late?

Answering the phone without looking as I was too tired to do so. "Hello?"  I asked.

"Eve! I need you to come to the house now! The baby is coming and I need you here with me?" Peyton's frantic voice fills my ears and within seconds I'm jumping out of my bed trying to get ready.

"Okay I'm getting ready now I'll call one of the guys on my over so they can watch Sophia, don't worry Peyton I'm coming just say calm unlock the door and we can leave as soon as I get there," I said and then hung up.

Throwing on leggings a tank top and a cardigan along with some converses I tied my hair in a messy bun and throwing random clothes and toiletries into a bag and ran downstairs.

Grabbing my car key I jumped my car and started calling Ben in the process.

"Hello?" A very tired Ben said.

"Ben get your ass up Peyton just called me she's in labor I'm heading over there now and I need you to meet me there so you can take Sophia." I rushed out.

"Shit! Okay, I'm up I'll be there soon 5 minutes give me 5 minutes." He said and then hung up.

5 minutes later I pull up to Peyton's house just as Ben had pulled in.

I ran up and into the house Ben following right behind me I opened the door.

"Peyton!? Where are you?!" I questioned.

"Upstairs!" She yelled back.

"Okay you go get Sophia and pack her a bag of clothes and take her back to your house and I'll keep you updated on Peyton and the baby," I said to Ben as we both walked upstairs.

"Okay see you later sis." He said as he hugged me.

I walked into Peyton's room crouching down next to her.

"Hey sweetie how far apart are you're contractions?" I asked.

"4 minutes apart." She breathed out.

"Okay, do you have everything you need?" Knowing that once the contractions get 5 minutes apart you need to get to the hospital.

"Yeah, everything's in the car." She said as she stood up from sitting on the bed.

"Okay let's go have a baby," I said as I helped her walked downstairs and get into the car.

After making sure we all had everything we needed I got in the driver side of the car and began the short drive to the hospital.

We finally got there and I grabbed all the main stuff we needed knowing I can come back down and get the rest.

Walking Peyton to the entrance of the hospital calling out to people telling them she was in labor people immediately came rushing to our side getting her into a wheelchair.

They took us up to labor and delivery getting her and the baby hooked up to monitors.

I walked over to Peyton to see if she needed anything.

"Do you need anything? Are you feeling okay?" I asked as I brushed strands of hair off her forehead.

"No I'm good I feel better now that I'm laying down." She said as she closed her eyes.

I sat down in the chair next to her bed just chilling out until anything big happened.

About 15 minutes later a nurse walked in with a bright smile on his, how is he so happy at 5 in the morning?

"Hello my name is Jared and I'll be your nurse for the day, I'm also going to check you just to see how far you've progressed," Jared said as he asked Peyton to relax so he could check her.

"So what family do have here right now?" He asked.

"She's my sister-in-law Eve and everyone else will be coming later in the day," Peyton said as she gestured to me.

"Ah I see so where is dad at? He running late?" He softly chuckled.

But we were definitely not laughing.

"Uh, he passed away about a month ago," I spoke.

"Oh gosh, I'm so sorry." He apologized.

"No, it's fine you didn't know it would be an obvious question to ask so don't feel bad," Peyton said.

"Okay, and you are 5 centimeters dilated so you are half way there," Jared announced.

"So since you are progressing quite quickly we should talk about an epidural before things get too late." He mentioned.

"I would love an epidural." Peyton breathed.

"Okay, I'll go let the anesthesiologist know." He said as he left the room.

"Okay I'm going to text Bentley an update and then he can let everyone else know," I said as I shot Ben a text letting him know what was happening.

"Hey Eve can you help me in the bathroom because once I get the epidural I won't be able to walk and I'll have to get a catheter," Peyton asked.

"Of course," I said as I helped her out the bed and into the joined bathroom.

After she was done we walked back out into the room when her water broke.

"Holy crap my water just broke." She said and then screamed out.

"Eve I need to get back in the bed it hurts, please go get someone I need the epidural now." She said and then once again screamed out in pain.

I got her settled in bed before leaving and trying to find someone.

I was walking down the corridor when I spotted the nurse.

"Jared Peyton's water just broke and she's in a lot of pain and she needs the epidural now." I rushed out.

"Okay I need to check her again the anesthesiologist is on his way." He said as we made our way back into the room.

"Okay, Peyton I need to check you one more time the anesthesiologist is also on his way," Jared spoke out as he went to check Peyton once more.

"Okay, so I don't think the epidural is going to be a possibility you seem to progress quite quickly your already at 9 centimeters so it's too late I'm going to notify everyone that the baby is coming." He said and then rushed out of the room.

"Eve I can't do this, it hurts," She cried.

"Peyton you can do this come on you've done it once before you can do it you got this." I encouraged but she just shook her head no.

"But I had Lucas then he was standing by my side and now he's not, I need him here," She sobbed.

"Hey he's here maybe not physically but he's here watching over you encouraging you through all of it he's here we just can't see him," I spoke.

"I'm glad you're here I couldn't do this without you." She breathed out.

"I know, it's great that you have have me." I joked.

She laughed a genuine laugh, yes! I got her to laugh.

Before we got to say anything else, nurses rushed in getting things set up for delivery.

"Okay, Peyton we're going to need you to start pushing," Jared said as they pulled back her legs.

As she started pushing they counted to 10 before she could breathe.

5 minutes of pushing and they could already see the head and called the doctor in.

"Hello good to see you Peyton shall we get this little girl out?" The doctor spoke.

"That would be nice," Peyton said.

"Okay Peyton there's another contraction coming and we need a big push," Jared said.

Peyton one big push making her in return scream.

"Last push and she'll be here." The doctor said.

She gave it her all in this last push and then all you could hear was the crying scream of Rylee.

They laid her on Peyton's chest as she cried.

"Beautiful little girl Miss Rylee was born at 5:57 am." The nurse spoke.

"You did so good Peyton I'm proud of you." I comforted.

"Thank you, look she looks just like him." She whispered.

Looking down she was right she looked just like Lucas.

"Okay, Peyton we need to weight her and get her measurements." Once the nurses said.

"Okay, Eve can you go with her?" She asked.

"Of course," I responded.

I walked over with nurse as she took Rylee over into the bassinet.

"She is measuring perfectly at 8.3oz pounds and 21.8in long she's a healthy baby." The nurse spoke.

"I'm just going to give her a little sponge bath just so we can get her a little clean." She spoke.

After the nurse was done she swaddled her up in a blanket and handed her to me.

Looking down at her as I made my way back over to Peyton I couldn't get enough of how beautiful she was.

"Peyton she's beautiful she looks so much like him it's unbelievable everything about her says him," I say in amazement.

"Do you wanna try and breastfeed her?" I asked.

"Yeah, can you take her out of the blanket that way we can do skin to skin at the same time." She said as she unbuttoned her grown.

I slowly took the blanket off Rylee and handed her to Peyton helping her to get Rylee to latch.

"Are you good here? I'm gonna go call Ben to let him what's happening." I asked.

"Yeah, I'm good go ahead." She said.

Grabbing my phone I pressed Ben's contact listening to it ring.

"Hello?" His voice rang through the phone.

"Hey I just wanted to give you an update, so at 5:57 am she was born she weighs 8.3 pounds and 21.8in long, and Ben she's beautiful she looks exactly like him their practical twins," I spoke.

"Aw I can't wait to see her I'll update everyone and let them know what's going on thanks for the update." He slightly gushed.

"You're welcome I'll talk to you later," I said as we bid our goodbyes.

I walked over to Peyton seeing her nurse Rylee.

"How are you feeling?" I asked.

"A little sore but fine the doctor said I ripped and had to get 12 stitches which in my case was normal because she came so quickly it was unavoidable." She told me.

"That she definitely did." I chuckled.

"So I think once we get to the postpartum ward I think I'm gonna try and sleep," Peyton told me.

"Yeah sounds good I'm tired too but I know you're probably exhausted," I told her.

About 30 minutes later they took us up to postpartum letting us settled in and get comfortable.

I helped Peyton with Rylee and herself making sure she was comfortable in bed and we decided to take a nap before we have company later in the evening.
............................................................................
A/N Ahh!! This was such a bittersweet chapter to write but I love the way it turned out Rylee is here!!!

So what do you guys think of the book so far? I know there's been a lot of sad times but this will be getting very exciting in the next few chapters!

Do you have an idea of what's going to happen?

Who's your favorite YouTuber?

And there will be a part 2 to this chapter this one was just getting rather long so I'm going to break it up a bit.

Anyways I hope you guys enjoyed!

Comment&Vote!

Love you all!❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

225K 10.9K 63
"At this point, I'll be grateful for your pieces." ***** Jessica Franklin is at her wit ends, literally. With two sist...
212K 11.1K 102
They used to love her. They used to worship her. They used to follow her. But when the desperate queen of angels feels something she's never felt be...
89.9K 4.2K 22
Third book in the Hitman series! It can be read as a standalone but highly suggest reading the others in order to understand the characters a bit bet...
164K 5.8K 29
Book 3 in the 'I married' series Read I married the asshole first Zane Robertson, you may now her as the youngest Robertson offspring of Kai and Zek...