Something lived, Something fe...

By HindAbakar

It's said you are likely to find a partner where you study or work, I beg to differ. Some wouldn't mind a par... More

❤️​
CHAPTER 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
Chapter 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
Chapter 37
CHAPTER 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
Chapter 44
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 48
CHAPTER 49
CHAPTER 50
TO THE MOST AMAZING READERS♥️

Chapter 6

208 30 38
By HindAbakar

CHAPTER 6

Months furled, school for Zinar and Zainab was as hectic as expected. Khalid was almost always busy at work but somehow had time for Amina. They were really getting to know each other better and he was even thinking of visiting KSA soon. The girls had started school and were coping fine.

Ahmad was doing fine too or he was at least trying to be. He had won over his ego self and took all the courage that ran through his family and apologized to Zinar. He had accidentally watched an awareness video of how African women were treated like what ever their husbands wanted them to be or the society. They were looked down at by society and referred to as THE DOMESTIC CARE TAKERS. Their job opportunities were mostly insignificant. He felt compelled to finish watching the video and so he did. They shared a story of a woman who her husband abandoned her with three kids. She had to fend for herself and the kids but there were no job opportunities. She was educated but the society felt that big jobs, desk jobs, jobs that paid well were men deserving. So she ended up having to stick to a job that her boss harassed her, a job she put her all in because of her kid, a job that paid for one meal.

He felt hexed and the guilt was unbearable. He was ashamed of himself for doing what he did. He felt low and petty, her exact words.

To say she was shocked was a euphemism. She opened the door and he was standing there. He was sure she hated him and wouldn't forgive him but he had to try.

"I- don't- hate you" she spoke singly still not sure of what was going on. "And there is noting to forgive" yes he had vexed her more times than she cared to admit but she could never harbor a grudge. She told Khalid what had happened after sharing the news with Zainab. Khalid was thrilled they got to sort things out between them and suggested a friendly outing so they could get to know each other but Zinar's answer was a straight forward no. Zainab on the other hand said he was possessed or maybe dying so he wanted to make amends with people and she was sure there were a lot of amends he needed to make.

Khalid pulled over at Ahmad's house. He just got off from work. Ahmad said he wanted to have a chat. They had all been busy. He spent some minutes with his aunt and uncle catching all the latest before heading to Ahmad's.

Ahmad was in a situation. It felt like payback. He didn't know what to do, he had prayed endlessly but to avail. He looked at Khalid contemplating whether or not to tell but he was the only one he could tell. He paced the room and stopped to open his mouth but he didn't feel sure.

"Ok. Am officially freaking out, worried. Don't tell me your dying" he said not having the slightest clue what was going through Ahmad's skull.

"That would have been a lot easier I think. No am not dying" he replied. He had been feeling that way for months then. He was tired of fighting, it just seemed like fighting was a magnifying agent. "I can't get her out of my head" he finally said sounding vulnerable.

"Her?- I don't know a her. wait, how come I don't know a her- the her, any her?" he didn't believe he didn't tell him that there was any 'her'.

"I don't like cliché stories"

"Yeah well we'll talk about stories later. Right now lets talk about her." Khalid was really interested on who the person.

"right now I feel so cliché"

"I like suspense and all but at the moment it's getting on my nerves. Tell me, who is she?" he yelled the last part in irritation.

"A friend of yours" he said his hands slighting cupping is mouth making the words muffled but Khalid heard him.

"A friend of mine?" he asked with brows raised wondering who it might be. "friend, cliché stories" he snapped his head towards his direction "tell me- Zinar?" he asked slowly not knowing what to think or hope.

He nodded his head in reply and let out a breath he didn't know he was holding. He ran his hands through his hair and stood by the window. He was tired of the torment. All this was happening without him seeing her, what would happen if he did.

"Are you sure? I mean for how long?"

"I don't know, I hope not." He closed his eyes "I didn't mean it that way. I ..." he slumped on the bed. "It's been three months and noting, I've prayed, fasted. I've not seen her in three months and I can't get her out of my head. How is that even possible? It feels like punishment."

"Maybe. I mean you treated her badly sooo...maybe" he said trying to lighting the mood but got a glare instead. "Ok give it one more month, if it subsides ok but if not then you should talk to her"

"Talk to her?" He scoff "I knew you would come up with a dumb idea." He didn't want to think of the possibility, ever.

"Fine just see her and see if it triggers anything" he said a smirk on his face. Ahmad knew he had things like that coming if it was with Khalid. "But you know if it doesn't subside it may never" he said thinking of a remote possibility.

"Feelings change" Ahmad said in a matter of fact.

"So now you have feeling, yeah?" he asked with mischief

He looked at him but didn't have any come back, the whole thing terrified him. "Am hungry" he left the room.

They had dinner with Ahmad's parent and Khalid didn't miss any chance to silently tease Ahmad about Zinar.

A month had passed and there was no change, if anything his feelings had increased and he had stopped fighting. He was one with himself and accepted that he had feelings for Zinar. He decided to give it time until it relinquished.

It was like he had feelings for all the blacks in the world. He treated them relatively nice.

His brother Amir was back from school, he had graduated from aviation school and his graduation dinner was that night.

Amna and Nafisa had invited Zinar and Zainab for the event, which made him edgy.

The dinner went well for a bit. Zinar and Zainab didn't show, which was a relief and a disappointment to him.

"You made it" Nafisa gushed at Zinar and Zainab. "Late".

He was standing a few feats away from them. He could feel the heat rising, his heart was racing and his breath hitching. He knew there was no way out, he had fallen deep for her.

"I don't think its subsiding, do you?" Khalid said startling him. He had a smirk on his face. He had his eyes close on Ahmad when Zinar came in. "Just tell her"

Ahmad didn't even want to have the conversation he just left.

They bumped into each other minutes after. They exchanged salaams and hello, which were all somewhat awkward. He spotted Khalid smiling at him gesturing for him to tell her but ignored him. He told her it was nice seeing her, she smiled and told him the same before he left.

" I cant believe you" Khalid whisper yelled. "You didn't tell her"

"I couldn't- I cant, I wont" he voiced with a clenched jaw. He ran his hands through his face before running them through his hair. "I cant, I just cant"

"Hi, Zinar and Zainab are leaving" Nafisa informed. The bare say of her name caused jolts of electricity to surge through him.

"You OK? You look-" she scrutinized him.

"Head ache, am fine" he replied her with a smile.

"Thank God we have a doctor in the house" "Zainab, Zinar. We have a patient" she said before he could object.

"We still have a long way to get there but you ok?" Zainab asked after they caught up with them.

"Yea am fine just a slight head ache" he said with a nervous laugh. He looked at Khalid for help

"I won't say slight" Khalid helped.

"Am sorry" Zinar said with a small smile. And for a milli second he felt maybe he had a chance, maybe telling her wasn't such a bad idea after all.

"Thank you" he smiled back.

"So? What is the cause?" Nafisa asked and they all chuckled.

"Ah! We are not doctors yet but head aches are symptom" Zinar said looking back and fought. "It doesn't have to be an illness. It depends on the part that aches. It could be stress or lack of sleep..."

"Or maybe your lactose intolerant" Zainab continued.

"I thought lactose intolerant was stomach ache" Amir asked. The girls had introduced him to Zainab and Zinar earlier and they got along fine.

"NO, I mean mostly. But Zinar is lactose intolerant and it mostly comes off as head ache" Zainab answered his question.

"Well he tolerates milk perfectly" Khalid said "so it has to be something else"

"For how long has it been and how painful is it" Zinar acquired looking at him. He couldn't even answer her question he just stared at her.

"Very long and very painful" Khalid answered nodding his head. He could see he was getting on Ahmad's nerves and he enjoyed.

"Thank you" he said and glared at Khalid "but am fine. I just need to rest" he gave a small smile

"It's not everyday you get free doctors. Just tell the doctor what is wrong with your heart- your head I mean- what is wrong with you head" Khalid was determined. Ahmad had his jaw clenched, Khalid noticed it and felt it was enough pushing for one day.

Ahmad excused himself. He was mad at Khalid even after the dinner. Khalid said he was trying to help out.

"Look at the bright side you got to have a conversation with her". Ahmad ignored him. He hoped Khalid didn't make a fool of the both of them back there. But he enjoyed having a conversation with her, she sounded so smart. He wanted to get to know her. He would find himself smiling at the thought of her. Her smile, her eyes her..."Ya Allah" he groaned at the way she made him feel. She was everywhere. It was a fit of delirium.

--------------
So here we are Karma is onto Ahmad 😂😂 or is it 😏
I need comments 👏👏.... Watchu yall thinking ?😈

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

171K 3.9K 63
imagines as taylor swift as your mom and travis kelce as your dad
52.2K 3.7K 61
She has been in love with him for as long as she can remember. She was madly head over heels for him. When she was bound to him, things don't go as s...
6.7K 1.3K 34
My head was spinning. I didn't keep male friends here in Nigeria. I'd never left my face uncovered ever since I started using the Niqab. I didn't e...
263K 8.1K 186
What if a Pokémon Trainer found herself in the world of One Piece? What if she found herself with the Strawhat Pirates? What if she finds herself get...