Fragments - KathNiel One Shots

By FlurriedSimplicity

šŸ’™šŸ’™šŸ’™ Fragments of my thoughts, collected experiences, along with a spur of my imagination, pieced and separ... More

Mr. Seloso
Bote ng C2
Starbucks
Mangga?
Cleaner?
Minsan Kasi...
Notebook
MOVE ON
Brutal na Pag-Ibig
Kisapmata
Si Kitkat at si Rocher
My 11:11 Wish
Ako Na Lang
The Best Birthday
Pagdating ng panahon
Si Gael
Hi Crush! :)
Hi Love! :)
Perfect Timing (PNP prt. 2)
Perpekto (Her Side)
Perpekto (His Side)
Bakit ba kita minahal?
He Loves Me........ He Loves Me Not.
LOL Have Fun
Scars
Fact About Kathryn Bernardo...............
Asar
Seatmate?
Ever Again
Sorry Na.........
Laruan
Bally, I'm Sorry.
Bally, I'm Sorry (Part 2)
Superman? SUPERMANHID
Hanggang dito nalang
If I Had A Choice
If I Had A Choice (HER SIDE)
Hinding Hindi Na
Ikaw
Never
I don't
Happy Birthday, Love. (Birthday Special)
Spaces
Paano ba?
I see
Hindi na kami
Swerte nga naman
Si Daniel (Birthday Special #1)
Creep (Birthday Special #2)
The way you look at me (Birthday Special #3)
Package Deal (Birthday Special #4: Bonus)
Kahit ano ka pa
Sana Maulit Muli
Bakit Labis Kitang Mahal
The One That Got Away
Hanggang Kailan Kita Mamahalin
Finally
Hanggang
Special Ingredient
Si Tatay
Si Nanay
Crazy in Love
Again
Perfect Thursday
Still Thursday
Picture Perfect
Home This Christmas
AngYna
Lovesick
Worth it
In The Mind of The "Best" Boyfriend
All That Matters
So In Love
In His Arms
P R O T E C T O R
Never Too Far
A Queen
Graduation
#PSYAppreciationLunch
I Don't Wanna Cry
Kiss Me
When I Saw You
Bittersweet
Bliss
Understand
Can't Let Go
Against All Odds
Toxic
Half
I Like You Meter
Mended
The Cutest
Nag-Iisa Lang
One Sweet Day
Headcanon
Forever
Still
The 10th
Forever Thankful
Miss you most
The Mechanic
Miss Universe
Fluff
All I've Ever Wanted
Just To Hold You Once Again
Baby Girl
To Love Thee
Deflection
Wolves
Kislap
After All
When
Not an update, but VERY important (UPDATE ON SITUATION)
For All It's Worth
Kontento
Dito lang ako
Like This

Lapses

1K 33 14
By FlurriedSimplicity

01-15-18

🎉HAPPY NEW YEAR!🎉

WTH we're already halfway through the first month of 2018. I already had my 3rd quarter exams (iLS nalangggg) and soon enough, I'll be graduating. WTH IS THIS REAL. TAPOS 18TH BIRTHDAY KO PA SA MISMONG GRAD PROPER NAMIN 😂😂😂😂😂

The start of the year is quite good because I did not need two months to post an update! Right?! Napakaeme! Hopefully, this will serve as a precedence to the incoming months! Lalo na sa summer! 4 months yata summer break ko HAHAHAHA😂

💙💙💙 All the love! 💙💙💙

-------------------------------

From his calculations, there were ten highlighted lapses for the past twenty years wherein something clicked inside him. It was his enlightenment to his apparent feelings for his childhood sweetheart.

The first one could be dismissed as lighthearted worry. Growing up to have six siblings of the same sex truthfully built him to be basically a 'superhero' who'd come to the rescue after hearing the cry for help of others, because his brother's would kid him on if he wasn't heroic in nature.

It was when Kathryn was finally let out of the house to play - play actual outdoor games which involved a lot of physical aggression. It didn't turn out good.

She wasn't even halfway through the backyard, where he waited, when she tripped on something ; a four-inch across marble conveniently sticking out as she strode towards him.

Her bullet tears had him frazzled and running to sought help. With her cheeks red from excessive tear wiping and her bottom lip jutting, he secretly smiled to himself.

The second had to be their first day of primary school. As a seven year old, Kathryn still had a very hard time negotiating with... Nature calls?

They arrived together early. They've gone past the crybaby stage (to which he lasted a full school year of tantrums at after realizing that his mom wasn't waiting outside like she promised - Kathryn's spanned all four preschool years), but he kept sticking with her because he wasn't quite confident with her 'bravery', yet.

In the middle of introducing herself, Daniel noted how her face creased after every word. He was sure from the chorus of laughter that he wasn't the only one who knew, so he got to his feet as soon as she finished, but she sped off to the bathroom.

"I did it!" She boasted, both hands resting on either side of her hips, "I peed on the toilet bowl! Are you proud of me?" The little girl batted her eyelashes, waiting for his response.

Daniel's seven year old self had his cheeks deep crimson, completely taken by her.

On the third one, it was when they celebrated New Year's Eve together. It was originally her mother who asked them to come over for the event, but as he had brothers that are young and full of mischief, his mother insisted to have it at theirs.

Even though his brothers made sure to piss him off by trying to grab her attention, Kathryn's focus was only on him. Sure, she smiled if they called out her name, but she was pretty much stuck to his side.

The seat next to him was occupied by her as they ate. Choruses of Happy New Years were exchanged, and he was proud to claim that he was the first one she greeted.

She was absolutely in awe as the pyrotechnics set alight. Daniel watched the fireworks in her eyes. Maybe hugged her when she jumped out of surprise.

The fourth time was from eighth grade. As a kid, Kathryn absolutely adored art, and was fortunately, very talented in the said field. He remembers having her freak out the moment her crayons go over the outlines - he had to calm her down while keeping track of her hands, attempting to throw the 64 set box.

As though she was good academically, her best subject was admittedly MAPEH. It started from her just plainly tracing characters from her favorite TV shows and coloring them in. At second grade, she was eligible to join the poster making contests, and proceeded to win one after another. She became aware of other mediums and tools, and worked with each of them with absolute ease.

It was different that time, though. "Can you not watch the awarding ceremony?" She asks as they made their way to school on a Monday. "Please?" Kathryn used her eyes to the fullest extent, and he agreed. "I'll drop by the canteen and buy you sour tapes as your reward." Again, she smiled beautifully.

He was asking himself why she doesn't want him to be there as she was awarded. He finds out soon after, as his adviser pulls him back in line when he tried to escape.

She drew him.

For the fifth, they had a little Valentine's ball at school. He was sixteen, and by then, he just concluded that he was about a decade over his crushing stage.

Both their parents just sort of assumed that they'd be each other's date - Kathryn seemed to do so also, politely rejecting invites from guys in their batch, even a few from the higher batches.

But he saw the glint of slight jealousy in her eyes every time her friends' get asked out. He had to do something. With the help of his friends, Daniel was standing in the middle of their favorite park from childhood, where a huge Gazebo was conveniently situated; the Gazebo's posts decorated with baby blue balloons and party streams of the same color. Small fairy lights lit the darkness.

In his right hand was a string connecting to a much bigger balloon, with the words 'Be my Valentine' imprinted on it. On his left, he held a mason jar filled with water and glycerin, adorned with holographic glitters, both the finely milled and heart shaped ones. The liquid was tinged blue and the highlight of it all was a set of their photos, laminated, floating about. He asked for his mom's help in crafting it, and his brother's taunts were short-lived when they realized how serious he was. They helped, too.

Behind him was a table for two, a bundle of blue roses sitting prettily as the centerpiece.

His breath hitched as soon as he saw her approaching. He pulled off his lame attempt of a smirk while he admired her. "You can't say no." He jokes, offering both the balloons and the jar, shaking it a little, smiling contentedly as the glitters shimmered.

She takes the jar, sets it down the table, and hugs him. But what took him by surprise was when she tiptoed to kiss his nose (a habit he doesn't want her to get rid off), only to have her lips meet his.

Yeah, he was ruined for anyone else by then.

The sixth time was when they had their first simbang gabi together; without any chaperones. Daniel, admittedly, has become a nocturnal over the past few years - there were simply too many videogames that kept his attention from morning till the next - which is why the bags under his eyes were very evident then.

He wouldn't necessarily call himself religious per se, but he attends Sunday masses at least twice a month. The first night just had to be that day wherein he was up for the last 48 hours.

"DJ!" She screeched when his head hit her shoulder. "Sorry! Sorry!" He apologized, habitually having to casually pinch himself in order to be awake all through out.

He was busy listening when he felt something hit his shoulder. His smirk could not be wiped off. She looked so innocently beautiful, soft snores escaping her lips as she snuggled closer. "Yep," He murmurs to himself, "I'm definitely marrying this girl."

That became his wish for the next consecutive years' simbang gabi.

The seventh on his list was kinda their first, serious argument. He remembers catching up to her after their chemistry class. They had lunch breaks and every other break together.

"Wait up, bal!" He hoots, struggling to zip up his gaping bag. Kathryn seemed to walk faster. "Bali!" He quickly runs to her before she could reach the gates.

"Baby, why didn't you wait for me?" Daniel pouts, his arm automatically reaching for her waist. "Sorry, I had a problem with number 2. I forgot to multiply the first hydro to three." They stopped and waited for a chance to cross the road.

He noticed her reddened cheeks. "Do you want me to get your umbrella? It's a hot day today." Releasing her, he reaches into his backpack. But she takes his hand, intertwining it with hers. "I'm okay." She chirped.

"Okay." Raising their intertwined hands, he leaves a soft kiss at the back of hers. He saw her smile, before noticing the light film of sweat on her forehead and nose. "I'll fix that for you." Daniel takes his handkerchief and pats her sweat away.

As soon as they crossed the road, her mood changed, again. She was back to ignoring him. Even after ordering. Even as they ate, and he watched her, which used to piss her off so much. "Bal.." He sighs, taking her hand, "what's wrong?"

Again, she dismisses him. Not wanting to cause commotion, he chose to talk to her as soon as they get back to their room. "Bali." He purrs, settling down next to her. "What's wrong??"

"Its petty. Don't... Just..." His eyes were only on her while she kept on looking at anything else but him. "Baby." Her frown deepens. "Why?"

"You... You like me, right?" Her cheeks were flushed red, as if embarrassed for asking. "Come on, I love you." He whispers sincerely, holding her face and rubbing small circles on her cheeks. "You... Do?"

It wasn't the first time he said it. He just didn't say it regularly... Because she hasn't said it back. "I'm in love with you." A small smile was slowly showing up. "No one else?"

Now, his forehead creased at that. "No one else. Just you."

"What about Anna? I..." She suppressed her words, but he knew instantly what she meant. "Anna? Why would you--?"

"I just.. I saw you two talking.. And you looked engrossed with what she was saying. Then I heard her squealing while telling her friends about your.. 'Date'."

He just had to kiss her there. Just a quick peck that backfired, because he definitely wanted more.

Must've worked. She never asked after that, revealing that Anna was watching when he kissed her hand and stuff, and it was her marking territory.

The eighth time was on a trip with their classmates. After being piled up with school loads before Christmas break, they'd already set up plans for an overnight swimming.

He remembers finding it peculiar how they'd want to swim when it's literally the coldest it's ever been. Apparently, half of the class did too, which is why there were only twenty two of them right now.

But again, even as they practically live together (Kathryn's house was right across him), from his frequent day visits which snags him an invite to dinner from her mother, this was different. It wasn't like they acted differently in front of their families, but his mom would surely smack the back of his head if she'd see him barely letting her go.

The endless hugs were reserved for their time alone. All he could do was hold her hand with them around.

"You should sleep," He whispers, leaving light kisses on her hair. "Mm.. I don't feel like sleeping yet." She answers, pressing against his side. "How'd your day go?"

"It was toxic at the lab today... There's always like, 10 minutes wherein no patient would come in to have their tests or collect the results, but right after, five of them barge in!" He smiles while watching her animatedly talking about her last day on a hospital's laboratory, for their work immersion.

"That's the last, huh?" He smirks, pulling her tighter. "I can have your Mondays and Wednesdays now."

Kathryn smirks back. "I'll have yours, too." He leans in and kisses her nose, feeling the bus come to a halt.

At first, they both went along with their peers, just to humor them a bit. An hour later, he was whisking her away from the crowd, which had them shaking their heads, but no one dared to stop them.

They didn't really move far. "Very smart." She comments as he pulls her to the kiddie pool, wiped off of people. It was just deep enough to reach his chest if he sat.

Kathryn sat next to him, staring at the darkness above them. "What's your plan for the holidays?" He asks, shifting his gaze. "Well, if my boyfriend agrees to spend the days at ours..." She smiles cheekily, making him chuckle.

"If you'll have me, I'd love to. As long as tita Min cooks up lasagna for one of those days." It was her turn to chuckle. "You don't want me to cook for you?"

"You'll probably gobble up the cheese before you could even start." Daniel teases, earning a giggle and a slap from her. As their laughter subsides, only silence remained.

He's always been completely okay with her silence - as long as it wasn't 'you screwed something up' silence - because she was here.

That was all he needed. Her hand to hold. Her eyes to stare at. Her hair to play with. Her forehead to kiss.

No words were spoken.

Until she said it.

"I love you." A voice so small said. If he hadn't seen her lips move, he would've thought that it was just him desperately wanting to hear them from her.

He froze, feeling his heart thumping erratically. "You..." Her arms were around him the next second.

"I'm in love with you." She whispers calmly, although he felt her own heartbeat in a race, just like his. "I've always been in love with you."

"I love you, bal." He replies, kissing her forehead over and over.

The next days after, she made sure to remind him whenever she can.

The ninth time must be when he asked her to marry him.

With him and Kathryn reaching their mid twenties, Daniel felt like it was time.

There have been a lot of quarrels that certainly set them apart, but only for a fleeting moment. Love always won over.

Some of their old classmates suggested to try and open up their worlds more - to see what it'd be like to be without one another - which sounded a lot like torture to him. They suspected that both of them were just too comfortable with each other that they just chose to stick with it.

Daniel just begged to differ.

"I've loved her for as long as I can remember." He murmurs, hearing the people around him quiet down, listening. "It took her quite a while to see me in that way." He glanced at her, tightening his hold on her hand.

"I met a lot of people. A lot of girls. Some supposedly 'prettier', 'sexier', and 'better'. But I chose her. I'll always choose her. Even if she used to dismiss me."

"I never dismissed you." She consoles, leaning slightly closer. "I built my world around her. I grew with her, and I intend to grow old with her. It's not because of the 'familiarity'. It's not because I waited so long for her. It's because we were meant for each other. Just like how God arranged all of these. We're all destined for someone out there, I'm just lucky I met mine when I was three."

He took hold of both her hands, kissing her knuckles tenderly. "I'm lucky I met you when I was younger. I'm lucky I found you so early. I found love even when I wasn't really looking. And I'm lucky, because I know that you'd give me the world, just like how I would, for you." She repeatedly nods, her tears suddenly rushing out of her beautiful brown eyes.

"And I know that if I asked you.." He heard gasps around him when he pushed his chair out of the way, falling on one of his knees, one of his hands fishing out the baby blue velvet box out of his pocket.

"To marry me... You'd say yes." With the flick of his thumb, the small box peered open, revealing the ring that she used to envision.

Kathryn always loved to challenge him by proving him wrong. But in this one, she couldn't argue.

The tenth lapse, was the day of their wedding. Well, also the days that lead up to their special day.

It wasn't a long engagement - in fact, Kathryn had already piled up her options even before they started high school - it helped a bit, but she definitely had a hard time narrowing down their choices.

A week after his proposal, they had a small gathering to celebrate their engagement. A request from both her parents and his. It was heavily intimate, only having their closest friends invited, people who've played on a role in their love story. His soon to be father-in-law greeted them with a huge smile when he first saw her ring finger occupied.

"You finally did it!" Teddy clapped, hugging his daughter tightly. "Oh, my baby girl..."

"Daddy, you knew all along?" Again, her father nodded enthusiastically. "Darling, he asked us two months ago. I've had a habit of checking your ring finger every time you go home since then." The man smirked at him.

"It took you a while, son." He could only smile. Him being called 'son' by her parents wasn't entirely new, but this time, it felt so real. "I was waiting for the right time, Tito."

"Of course. I started to think that you've just let it go because you're practically married." They all chuckled. "Call me dad. How many times do I have to tell you?"

Two months later, he was watching her walk towards him, in her laced mermaid gown. In slow steps, and he found himself wanting to meet her halfway and shamelessly kiss her.

But that would be scandalous. So he shrugged the urge off.

"We're here..." He emotionally whispers, lending his hand to assist her. "I knew we'd end up together."

"Forever." She whispered back, her lips slyly forming a smile under her sheer veil.

So when he tasted her lips after the words 'You may now kiss the bride' slipped of the priest's mouth, it was worth the wait.

This might be the next on his list.

The whole room and everyone with them was a blur - all of a sudden. It didn't matter that she was screaming expletives followed by his name, his heart just swelled out of love for her.

"You're doing good, baby." He kisses her sweaty forehead, wincing as she passed her pain to him by tightly squeezing his hand. "Ugh! I swear to God this is the last one Daniel!" He chuckled to himself, kissing her over and over.

"You don't mean that." He teases. "One last push, Mrs." The doctor called out, making him tighten his hold. "Go love. We'll have Kadie in our arms any moment now." She smiled beautifully, before letting go of another push; the last one, at that.

Yes, he's seen her go through the pain of giving birth, this being the fifth, but he's also seen her brightly smiling after all of that. "It's a baby girl." And God gave them what they wanted.

Four boys were a lot to work with. But both of them have always wanted to have a little girl to spoil - and he could see her brothers doing everything for her, too.

He smiled, kissing the back of her hand over and over. "You're amazing, love." A smiled curved her lips. "I love you so much."

And this time, he was so sure that she loved him, too. For years since, and for many more.

---------------------------------

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2K 397 25
A 19 year old girl Adeline grew up in her non biological mother when she gone missing when she was 2 years old. She was a adopted by one of the famou...
19K 693 35
A MikhAiah x MikhaLoi Parallel Universe Maven is deeply inlove to Avery but she's always looking for someone
6K 149 66
THIS IS A MIKAIAH STORY HOPE YOU ALL LIKE IT! this is a fanfiction only!!!!